Need Help from Experts : POWER AMP for Polk AUDIO RTI A7

prateekisb

Hi guys,

I am a beginner and need help on the following

Requirement : 60 % Music and 40% movies
Room Size : 16*18

I have recently purchased Polk Audio Rti A7 floor standers. i am unable to decide on the following

1. Purchase Denon AVR 3300W or Denon AVR 4300W - since both of them have pre-outs. I have checked with Polk audio and they have suggested that Either of these AVRs would be sufficient to handle RTI A7 and no need out of seperate Power Amp but i have read many reviews that these are power hungry speakers.

I am planning to purchase a power amp under 60/70K. Not sure if i should purchase Integrated AMP (with inbuiltDAC) or simply a POWER AMP (without preamp). If i purchase Integrated Power Amp (which i think have both Pre Ampand Power Amp) then connecting this to AVR would not give me ideal sound since AVR would already provide Pre Amplified output through Pre-outs to POWER AMP.

So should i purchase Integrated Power Amp or mere power Amp and which one? please suggest which i can audition in Mumbai under 60/70k

2. Is there any difference between Integrated Stereo Amplifier vs Integrated Amplifier. My understanding is that Integrated Stereo Amplifier cannot handle videos and front channel speaker but Integrated Amplifer can... when both used without AVR. Please confirm.

Polk Audio Rti A7 need a minimum of 20W per channel. So you are good on that front with either AVR. That said, higher power is usually a good thing.

Are you planning to add centre and surround speakers?

Integrated amp usually refers to a 2 channel stereo amplifier. All stereo amps have two sections, the pre amp and the power amp. When they are in one box, it is referred to as an integrated amp. There is no such thing as an integrated power amp. It's just a power amp.

Multichannel amps also have pre and power sections. Usually these come with a radio signal receiver and are called audio video receivers, AVRs for short. These can also be one box or separate pre and power boxes.

If you want more power for the A7s, it will be best to get a 2 channel power amp.

Point 2 of your post is quite confusing. The term "integrated amp" normally refers to stereo amp. This cannot handle video but all amps, stereo or multichannel, are built to handle speakers. That is their very purpose.
AVRs are built to handle both audio and video. You do not need to use stereo amps and AVRs together.

Thank you for the clarification. So i need a Power Amp and not integrated Power AMP.

I am planning to add Polk Audio CSI A6 Center Channel Speaker and rear as Polk Audio FXi A6.

Could you please suggest some power amp which can handle 2 RTI A7 speakers as i am planning to connect these towers to 2.1 channel power amp (and power amp would be connected to AVR) and rear & central channel to AVR only.

Thank you in advance!!

You need 2 channel power amp. Not the 2.1. small correction

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back