Need help - LG 42PT350R Plasma 2012 - Board failure

ememm

Hi all,
After almost 5 years of loyal service, my LG plasma died last week.

Symptom: Display not turning on, clicking sound -> high frequency buzz -> clicking sound. This keeps repeating. No LED blinking.

Contacted LG and the service person promptly came the next day. According to his diagnosis either the Y-sustain board or the Z-sustain board is blown, and would cost ~20k to change, as LG will change the boards only along with the panel.

He immediately suggested buying new TV instead of getting this plasma repaired.

I want to run my dilemma through the knowledgeable members of this forum to get any possible help.

1. Is it possible (and worth) to try to get the boards alone changed? Any pointers to sellers of spare boards (Part numbers: Y sus - EBR68341901. Z sus - EBR68342001) ? Will such boards be reliable?

2. Any pointers to shops which sell spares from broken TVs in Bangalore?

3. Any other chip level repair contacts?

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
EmEmm

Hi all,

Symptom: Display not turning on, clicking sound -> high frequency buzz -> clicking sound. This keeps repeating. No LED blinking.

Contacted LG and the service person promptly came the next day. According to his diagnosis either the Y-sustain board or the Z-sustain board is blown, and would cost ~20k to change, as LG will change the boards only along with the panel.

I want to run my dilemma through the knowledgeable members of this forum to get any possible help.

1. Is it possible (and worth) to try to get the boards alone changed? Any pointers to sellers of spare boards (Part numbers: Y sus - EBR68341901. Z sus - EBR68342001) ? Will such boards be reliable?

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
EmEmm

My brother has the same Plasma, but it was issue with his motherboard & power supply.. Cost was approx 15K to reinstate it.. Approx same age as your TV too..

Speak to the same LG technician and take it offline.. These people have access to all the equipment/spare parts .. It is just that they don't let the customers know it..

He might oblige to do it may be for less than half the cost (Off the record).. try your luck..

I have done few things like this for Washing machine.. Method works sometimes..

I second elangoas's opinion and infact tried doing the same when my samsung lcd MB blew out...unfortunately for me the technician turned out to be a crook and never returned with the spares after taking 2k advance from me[emoji853] so ensure the service technician agrees and only pay him after he gets the spares and gets the unit fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
EmEmm

Hi Friend,

I have got exactly the same problem with my LG 42 inch plasma. Were you lucky enough to find a cheaper solution?
Please help with your reply.

Thanks.
Parveen

Hi Friend,

I have got exactly the same problem with my LG 42 inch plasma. Were you lucky enough to find a cheaper solution?
Please help with your reply.

Thanks.
Parveen

Nope. I bought a new LED and the plasma is lying dead in some corner of my house.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back