Need help - Pioneer Blue Ray Player

accord

Hi friends,

My first 5.1 setup is as below:

Sherwood 5.1 AVR
Pioneer LR tower speakers
Magnat Center speaker
Infinity SS speaker

2TB HD with lot of HD movies and Highres music files as FLAC, MKV etc.

I have just purchased Norge 1000 for listening to music and the issue is my sony smart tv dos't have stereo analog out to be connect to my Norge amp.

Now im going to buy Pioneer BD170 bluray player having stereo output but not sure that will it works with 2TB HDD or not, for which i wanna buy this.

Also please advise on the audio and video quality of pioneer.

Thanks in advance and wishes all of you a great day.

As per the manul BDP-160 supports HDD of 2TB of less.

This is directly from Pioneer BDP-160 user manual and I have not checked it in the player.

"The USB devices that can be connected to the player are as below.
USB2.0 compatible flash drive ( capacity of 1GB or more.) or HDD (Capacity 2TB or less )
File system: FAT16, FAT32 or NTFS. "

You can download the BDP-170 manual and confirm.

As per the manul BDP-160 supports HDD of 2TB of less.

This is directly from Pioneer BDP-160 user manual and I have not checked it in the player.

"The USB devices that can be connected to the player are as below.
USB2.0 compatible flash drive ( capacity of 1GB or more.) or HDD (Capacity 2TB or less )
File system: FAT16, FAT32 or NTFS. "

You can download the BDP-170 manual and confirm.

:signthankspin:

Thanks dear, i am also waiting for other member's advise before buying the same. :)

I was trying to compare bdp 170 with samung bd h6500. Samsung also is a good reviewed bd player with builtin wifi, streaming + miracast etc etc. But has no analog out.
Also i had tried hard to get the model since last 4-5 months. Its not available in india. Finally i have focussed on bdp 170. On Amazon.in somebody has given 1 star for not supplying it in good condition. Btw where have you ordered yours from? Online or local dealer?

I was trying to compare bdp 170 with samung bd h6500. Samsung also is a good reviewed bd player with builtin wifi, streaming + miracast etc etc. But has no analog out.
Also i had tried hard to get the model since last 4-5 months. Its not available in india. Finally i have focussed on bdp 170. On Amazon.in somebody has given 1 star for not supplying it in good condition. Btw where have you ordered yours from? Online or local dealer?

Dont buy imported player as you will not get any support form them.
My local dealer is arranging that from Pioneer with bill and warranty so no hassle of broken pc. i think will get it tomorrow and if it plays my 2TB HDD then it is ganna be a good experience. i have gone through a lot of researches and feedback form various sources for a bd player before finalizing the pioneer.::eek:
In my view samsung players are not audiophile grade being not having specialty in music, pioneers have music in their dna..

Last edited:
Thanks for suggestions.
And i will be eagerly waiting for your 1st exploration on bdp 170 especially about whether it supports 2tb usb hdd. Also please do let know whether it runs slow or hangs on browsing 2tb hdd. Do post your first review on its audio quality, streaming over wifi etc.

:yahoo: Finally got my Pioneer BDP 170 and my 3 days experience is as below:

Stereo output is attached with Norge 1000 connected to Pioneer FS - all flac files are sounding amazing from my 2tb HDD.

Digital output in connected to Sherwood AVR - surround sound effect is now more detailed and crisp clear.

HDMI output is connected with 42" sony LED - picture effect is amazingly sharp and more detailed even with 720p movies.

WIFI tested from my iphone's hot spot - you tube worked flawless with great audio out put.

Only issue is with the remote keys being hard to press, may get smooth after use i wish.

i will also upload few pictures of my setup shortly for all respective members. :clapping::clapping:

Last edited:
@accord- congratulations and great review. Please also let us know whether heavy sized movie files like full hd 1080p (mkv files) on 2tb hdd works smoothly or the machine hangs or runs slow.

@accord- congratulations and great review. Please also let us know whether heavy sized movie files like full hd 1080p (mkv files) on 2tb hdd works smoothly or the machine hangs or runs slow.

All my hi res movies with 1080p surround sound as Gravity, Transformers, BatMan ets are working great no issues as of now. Sound quality also improved by 30% :):) Im also playing lossless files with no delay in performance.

Back