Need help to buy amp within 30k budget

Great to read your feedback on the new setup.
Have you filled the speaker stands with sand or anything.?

Not yet, will that make any difference..? Not sure

Sent from my Lenovo A7010a48 using Tapatalk
Sand will add more stability to the stands and benefits if subtle wobbling issues are there. Add sand if your speakers positioning is final and you're least likely to move them.

Nice review, next easily discerning upgrade will be adding a dedicated DAC so enjoy...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Digital mastering differs with each audio file unfortunately. So it's not a uniform experience. Check out with Apple music and let me know ; there is a workaround for Apple music. So, Anybody can relate to your experience easily. Also check with flac files, its nearest to cd playback.
Hi drkrack, finally I got the easy way around for Apple music. On my lenovo phone I have cast screen option. So I can cast anything from my phone I.e. from YouTube to whatever playing on my phone. So, that includes the songs playing from my Apple music on my phone...

Not yet, will that make any difference..? Not sure

Yes it will, a very noticeable difference. Apart from the stands being more stable, they will no longer be hollow and that will tighten up you low end by a huge margin. Experienced this on my stands and was amazed to see the difference. However, do make sure the sand is clean and devoid of any moisture.

MaSh

Hi drkrack, finally I got the easy way around for Apple music. On my lenovo phone I have cast screen option. So I can cast anything from my phone I.e. from YouTube to whatever playing on my phone. So, that includes the songs playing from my Apple music on my phone...

Glad to hear that, Chromecast audio is a nifty little device, which can give run for money to any network streamer costing more than 10times its price.

Howz the audio quality of airplay vis a vi playing directly from ipad; as you were doing it earlier? How about other services like Gaana, Saavn etc? Any issues with streaming, SQ?

Glad to hear that, Chromecast audio is a nifty little device, which can give run for money to any network streamer costing more than 10times its price.

Howz the audio quality of airplay vis a vi playing directly from ipad; as you were doing it earlier? How about other services like Gaana, Saavn etc? Any issues with streaming, SQ?
Did not get time to explore further. Not found any difference though yet, since listened only 2 songs. Will post the detailed review soon.

Yes it will, a very noticeable difference. Apart from the stands being more stable, they will no longer be hollow and that will tighten up you low end by a huge margin. Experienced this on my stands and was amazed to see the difference. However, do make sure the sand is clean and devoid of any moisture.

MaSh
Thanks MaSh, I will try this option.

Hi guys, just wanted to share my experience about my journey to the world of HiFi which started with boston acoustics digital cinema soundware 2.1 system. When it was in my home I was so happy to hear the clarity that my all old songs sound far better than philips HTIB 4750 which was still not bad at all sound wise.

Then though to upgrade these tiny speakers with thin sound with A26 for full-bodied sound. And was quite happy with the sound quality. Afterwords I got the go ahead to buy amp from my wife. pm5005 came to my home and thanks to FM here who suggested me to buy this and thus saving 14k. Sound quality became amazing but with slightly heavy bass which I got used to it.

Then one day , my mom told me what gift you want on your birthday, I said casually, I want speaker stands. And now from past 4 days Opal is at my home gifted by my mom. And now the music is at totally another level. I just don't want to stop listening the music. My all favourite songs have now come alive, with.awesome clarity, tight bass and amazing high range with too wide.soundstage
.. I have never listen this kind of sound at any audition rooms...

I really want to say thank to this forum/ forum members who are sharing wonderful knowledge that is helping people like me to build the dream system which now I am enjoying enjoying and.enjoying a lot...thanks again..helping me to make a right choice..

Good stuff mate! Happy days ahead for you :). I am a proud owner of the earlier models - PM5004 and Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 speakers! This system is not without its minor flaws, but still terrific. Now, if only I could get my mom to gift me stands, wouldn't that be nice? Cheers.

Hi Guys,

I am back again. I just bought Amazon Fir stick. Now I can stream online movies +amazon prime content on my PV8 plasma. I was just wondering how can I hear a sound from my BA26 speakers through PM5005, connecting this to the TV..? Can you guys help me on this?

Hi Guys,

I am back again. I just bought Amazon Fir stick. Now I can stream online movies +amazon prime content on my PV8 plasma. I was just wondering how can I hear a sound from my BA26 speakers through PM5005, connecting this to the TV..? Can you guys help me on this?

Pm5005 has rca audio inputs. Depending on analog audio outputs of your tv you should be able to connect it to the amplifier.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Hi

TV Front panel RCA is meant for inputs like camcorder etc....yes there is a difference....

Look at the back of the TV....Audio OUT will be there

I tried to connect RCA from front panel RCA, but no luck..:sad: Hence posted here for help. Is there any difference between front and back RCA panel? Not sure.

If your TV have headphone out then you can try headphone out from TV to AVR using RCA cable (Stereo Audio Male to 2 RCA Male Cable).

Hi Guys,

The TH-42PV8 has RCA phono type connectors (L, R) (1 set rear: co-use with monitor out), Headphone jack (1 front)

So, if you get an RCA cable (for example this one: Amazon.in: Buy MX 2 RCA PLUG TO MX 2 RCA PLUG CORD (TIP GOLD PLATED) - 1.5MTR Online at Low Prices in India | MX Reviews & Ratings), and connect it to your amplifier, you are all set.

Thanks guys, I didn't know front panel RCA won't work as audio out. I connected it to the back, it was so difficult to do both the connection hdmi and RCA at the back as plasma is really heavy to move, hence was trying to avoid at very first place. Anyways all is fine now.

After long and extensive listening, I experiencing this combo as a bright sounding :( these speakers have opened up too much, so that high frequencies are appearing more than required and for long listening I am now getting ear fatigue. Not sure it is because of too much detailed music or anything else. I also hear too much sibilance for most of the songs. I am sure treble is not cracking but it is definitely more than what used hear previously. Did anyone else had the same experience after opening up the speakers..? Please share your thoughts

I had read that I need to have enough space around the speaker to aquire desire effect. Ok, after doing lot of R&D, I found the problem and it is the speaker placement. When speakers are 2 feet (or more) away from the wall, the mid and upper range get highlighted too much, come forward with sufficient bass, make them sound too bright. But when they are 1 feet away from wall, they sound fine with all the frequencies at the same level. Eventually I am again happy with the sound

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back