Need help to buy amp within 30k budget

Try the Bose Bluetooth Audio Adapter for about 5500/-. It gives great sound. As far as features are concerned it has aptx codec, does have analogue outs with a good DAC and also does have digital out in case you connect to an external DAC later. I find the sound to be way above the rest of the Bluetooth adapters in the market using just the analogue out to my Rotel amp.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Hello guys,

Finally I got permission from my wife to buy amplifier for my Boston Acoustics A26 speakers:)

I use my Boston Acoustic A26 speakers with Norge amplifiers. (One amp is Norge 1000 and the other amp is Norge 2030).
Works superb, fills the room (20'x12').

Do keep in mind that the Boston Acoustic speakers have a slight dip in the 2000-4000Hz region. That makes them pleasant and soft sounding, but also robs a little bit of "volume" - because our ears are most sensitive in that frequency range.
In case you want to spend more than Norge, then keep this in mind while pairing.

I am not 100% sure about the audio quality with bluetooth with any device including adapters comparing to cd players and external DACs.

Try the Bose Bluetooth Audio Adapter for about 5500/-. It gives great sound. As far as features are concerned it has aptx codec, does have analogue outs with a good DAC and also does have digital out in case you connect to an external DAC later. I find the sound to be way above the rest of the Bluetooth adapters in the market using just the analogue out to my Rotel amp.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
I am trying to find it online, if possible can you share with me the link?

Sent from my Lenovo A7010a48 using Tapatalk

Hi drkrack,

Can you also suggest the high quality dac which also handles bluetooth?
I did buy a cheap Chinese Bluetooth transmitter (around 2.5k) for streaming Apple music to my decade old onkyo stereo amp, made sure that it has a digital output to connect to my DAC which feeds my relatively vintage amp which doesn't have digital inputs.
The results weren't as good as I expected them to be, the treble was unduly harsh etc.

My old Samsung Bluetooth headset transmitter HD 3000 did a much better job though it did not have options for digital output so I had to rely on the the inbuilt DAC of Samsung which surprisingly sounds more musical than the Chinese transmitter coupled with M8 DAC. The good Bluetooth plus DAC will be around 20k Audioengine B1 Bluetooth music receiver (highly recommended) or Arcam has one more model at 24k with poor reviews. Alternatively you can buy network players with Bluetooth capabilities at that price range.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00M...7_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=921Z2150K1TEG175Q5NP

May I ask you Why Bluetooth? If you have a WiFi at home buy WiFi capable raspberry pi connect via USB to DAC (schiit modi 2 uber etc). Install runeaudio music server and stream or control pi server from your iPad or any mobile device running Android. My both Bluetooth devices are lying idle after configuring Rpi server (which is more user friendly and your device need not be in the same place and it's free for calls etc)
So I'll be selling both Bluetooth adapters soon.

Floor standers aren't easy to drive in my personal experience, you'll end up with suboptimal sound quality though you'll be able to drive them with underpowered amp.

I
May I ask you Why Bluetooth? If you have a WiFi at home buy WiFi capable raspberry pi connect via USB to DAC (schiit modi 2 uber etc). Install runeaudio music server and stream or control pi server from your iPad or any mobile device running Android.

Hi Drkrack, can you help me how to do this, what will be the total cost of these devices (schit modi will cost me around 15k) and I am not sure about rasberry pi connect, I am unaware about these technicality, also it is going beyond my udget (pm5005 19k + dac 15k= 34k). Also if it is too technical + costly what is your take on this https://www.boseindia.com/en_in/pro...l#v=bluetooth_adapter_ht_acc_black_anz_in_uae
suggested by one of the FM here.

Thanks

I use my Boston Acoustic A26 speakers with Norge amplifiers. (One amp is Norge 1000 and the other amp is Norge 2030).
Works superb, fills the room (20'x12').

Do keep in mind that the Boston Acoustic speakers have a slight dip in the 2000-4000Hz region. That makes them pleasant and soft sounding, but also robs a little bit of "volume" - because our ears are most sensitive in that frequency range.
In case you want to spend more than Norge, then keep this in mind while pairing.

Thanks for your suggesttions. I have almost finalised PM5005 as I had audtioned pm6004 (which is same as 5005) and BA26 sounded wonderful with tight bass and awesome mid range and sparkling highs.

Hi Drkrack, can you help me how to do this, what will be the total cost of these devices (schit modi will cost me around 15k) and I am not sure about rasberry pi connect, I am unaware about these technicality, also it is going beyond my udget (pm5005 19k + dac 15k= 34k). Also if it is too technical + costly what is your take on this https://www.boseindia.com/en_in/pro...l#v=bluetooth_adapter_ht_acc_black_anz_in_uae
suggested by one of the FM here.

Thanks
Get a raspberry pi 3 at 3k a 16gb micro sd card and follow this tutorial...
http://www.musicservertips.com/how-to-articles/raspberry-pi-music-server/
Let me know if you encounter any problems, though its a offshoot of your budget, I'd still suggest that you add Modi 2 uber DAC to your setup. It'll be the best sonically appreciable upgrade in your setup.

My Bluetooth device is aptx compatible with Bluetooth 4.0, I don't think my phone is aptx compatible (iPhone 7). Probably I'm not hearing a difference because my phone lacks aptx. Anyways I don't have much use for the Bluetooth adapters now.

Get a raspberry pi 3 at 3k a 16gb micro sd card and follow this tutorial...
http://www.musicservertips.com/how-to-articles/raspberry-pi-music-server/
Let me know if you encounter any problems, though its a offshoot of your budget, I'd still suggest that you add Modi 2 uber DAC to your setup. It'll be the best sonically appreciable upgrade in your setup.

My Bluetooth device is aptx compatible with Bluetooth 4.0, I don't think my phone is aptx compatible (iPhone 7). Probably I'm not hearing a difference because my phone lacks aptx. Anyways I don't have much use for the Bluetooth adapters now.
Thank you so much for your help. Currently it is still beyond my budget. So what I will do is, will buy Logitech for1400 Rs, and when budget permits i will definitely try the option you suggested. Really appreciated your help

Thank you so much for your help. Currently it is still beyond my budget. So what I will do is, will buy Logitech for1400 Rs, and when budget permits i will definitely try the option you suggested. Really appreciated your help

One more option you could consider is Google Chromecast audio at 2k on ebay.in ; it has nearly the same DAC chip as Modi 2 uber and you can stream hi res audio wirelessly. I'd prefer Chromecast audio over Logitech Bluetooth adapter anyday if I have a complete home WiFi.

I'd suggest that you prefer WiFi over Bluetooth for audio streaming because there is very little loss of quality compared to wired connection. Again the link posted by you in the previous post elaborates this fact very clearly. If possible borrow a Bluetooth adapter from a friend and decide, as you already know there's not much difference between branded and unbranded ones in the lower price range.

Last edited:
One more option you could consider is Google Chromecast audio at 2k on ebay.in ; it has nearly the same DAC chip as Modi 2 uber and you can stream hi res audio wirelessly. I'd prefer Chromecast audio over Logitech Bluetooth adapter anyday if I have a complete home WiFi.

I'd suggest that you prefer WiFi over Bluetooth for audio streaming because there is very little loss of quality compared to wired connection. Again the link posted by you in the previous post elaborates this fact very clearly. If possible borrow a Bluetooth adapter from a friend and decide, as you already know there's not much difference between branded and unbranded ones in the lower price range.
I wonder, we can not play our personal playlist (stored on our tabs, phones, iPad, external HardDisks) through Google Chromecast. We need to relay on the available content. Also I was thinking how can I play from saavn app or Apple music through this Chromecast?

I wonder, we can not play our personal playlist (stored on our tabs, phones, iPad, external HardDisks) through Google Chromecast. We need to relay on the available content. Also I was thinking how can I play from saavn app or Apple music through this Chromecast?

It supports locally stored music to be streamed for sure , also Chromecast audio has a Bluetooth AFAIK. There are various apps to get things done. There's a app workaround for Apple music, so it can be played too.
Do research about it and decide, keep us updated. This should help in the meantime.

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6279416?hl=en-IN

I have a Chromecast Audio which I love. I'm using BubbleUPnP to send music to the device from my phone and my computer, which has all my music stored on it.

For the money I think its a great device. By the way, I'm in the same boat as OP and looking at picking up a new amplifier in the 20 to 30k price range. I've short listed the Emotiva Fusion Flex and the Cambridge Audio Azur 351A to pair with my MA Bx2's.

Any one have any opinion on these?

It supports locally stored music to be streamed for sure , also Chromecast audio has a Bluetooth AFAIK. There are various apps to get things done. There's a app workaround for Apple music, so it can be played too.
Do research about it and decide, keep us updated. This should help in the meantime.

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6279416?hl=en-IN

drkrack, thanks for your prompt response, I really apreciate your efforts of providing me the perfect solution within my requirements. I done sufficient R & D. I was thinking how do I connect its yellow wire which has 3.5mm at both the side. Hence just wanted to confirm that I need to buy connector wire separately , as one corner i.e. 3.5mm jack will connect to chrome cast audio and second corner i.e. RCA red and white will connect to audio in of PM5005. Please let me know.

Thanks

drkrack, thanks for your prompt response, I really apreciate your efforts of providing me the perfect solution within my requirements. I done sufficient R & D. I was thinking how do I connect its yellow wire which has 3.5mm at both the side. Hence just wanted to confirm that I need to buy connector wire separately , as one corner i.e. 3.5mm jack will connect to chrome cast audio and second corner i.e. RCA red and white will connect to audio in of PM5005. Please let me know.

Thanks
You'd need a stereo to RCA cable, available in most of the computer accessories shops. Just buy the thickest and shortest possible cable.

http://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B014KW...dpPl=1&dpID=41PPkdELL+L&ref=plSrch&th=1&psc=1

You're welcome ; Besides, what's the use of experience when you can't save a fellow FMs from committing the same mistake that you did? [emoji2] [emoji2]

You'd need a stereo to RCA cable, available in most of the computer accessories shops. Just buy the thickest and shortest possible cable.

CNCT Gold Plated Stereo to Two RCA Y-Cable 2.0 M (6.6 Ft) - 3.5 mm Male to 2 RCA Male Aux Cable - Audio Cable:Amazon:Electronics

You're welcome ; Besides, what's the use of experience when you can't save a fellow FMs from committing the same mistake that you did? [emoji2] [emoji2]

Finally I have order Chromecast audio from ebay.in..thanks again for your help:clapping:

Where did you order pm5005 and price?. It is out of stock in hifimart.

Thanks

Buy the marantz 6000 series amp. The 5000 series isn't as sweet as the 6000 series. Save and buy rather than buy something that doesn't live upto expectations and then waste money again. Any amp in this price range will not let you play music loud so if you expect it to thump you it won't do that. These are small sweet sounding musical amps.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back