Need help to buy amp within 30k budget

I really don't know the answer, I removed entire wiring again and installed it again ( though I did this several times but no luck) so I wanted to try luck before going to the shop. So removed all wiring and installed it again. And strangely I can hear the sound which I was missing in past few days.. strange..

Sent from my Lenovo A7010a48 using Tapatalk

I really don't know the answer, I removed entire wiring again and installed it again ( though I did this several times but no luck) so I wanted to try luck before going to the shop. So removed all wiring and installed it again. And strangely I can hear the sound which I was missing in past few days.. strange..

Good going... Enjoy :)

That to me sounds like a shorting which got corrected. Which connectors are you using?

MaSh

Previously was using normal wires which MZ Audio gave me free. When the same wires it sounded excellent, but after 2, 3 days, the sudden change I noticed. Hence changed those with AmazonBasics 14g wires with BlueRigger 3.5 to 2RCA for Chromecast. Still no change. Now reinstalling these same wires again and again, finally I yesterday I can hear the same excellent sound which I was missing before so many days..

Previously was using normal wires which MZ Audio gave me free. When the same wires it sounded excellent, but after 2, 3 days, the sudden change I noticed. Hence changed those with AmazonBasics 14g wires with BlueRigger 3.5 to 2RCA for Chromecast. Still no change. Now reinstalling these same wires again and again, finally I yesterday I can hear the same excellent sound which I was missing before so many days..

Glad to hear that your issue was solved without much fuss.

If time permits, Kindly review Google Chromecast audio, and your experience, what all you are able to get working and how is the overall experience...

Glad to hear that your issue was solved without much fuss.

If time permits, Kindly review Google Chromecast audio, and your experience, what all you are able to get working and how is the overall experience...

Hi drkrack, I really like this little device. I just installed it and now streaming high quality audio from my Saavn premium version. I can not compare it with any Bluetooth device, since I don't have it. Sound quality is really superb. Though I found little difference between the sound from Sony DVD player via USB and through this device. But again I am not sure about saavn audio quality, when they show streaming quality is super duper high.. comparing this to 320kbps audio from USB, I found bass slightly undefined with slightly unrefined High range. But overall I am quite happy with this device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi drkrack, I really like this little device. I just installed it and now streaming high quality audio from my Saavn premium version. I can not compare it with any Bluetooth device, since I don't have it. Sound quality is really superb. Though I found little difference between the sound from Sony DVD player via USB and through this device. But again I am not sure about saavn audio quality, when they show streaming quality is super duper high.. comparing this to 320kbps audio from USB, I found bass slightly undefined with slightly unrefined High range. But overall I am quite happy with this device.

Digital mastering differs with each audio file unfortunately. So it's not a uniform experience. Check out with Apple music and let me know ; there is a workaround for Apple music. So, Anybody can relate to your experience easily. Also check with flac files, its nearest to cd playback.

Apple Music through chrome cast is bit too technical to fix. I am bit lazy to understand this. Not sure if there is any easy way out for this. If you have knowledge about this, please do share with me.

I am also considering the 5005 from Marantz which is now at Rs. 21000 on HiFimart. I heard that the PM series itself is getting discontinued.

I also have the requirement to have streaming via Saavn (I have a WiFi network at home and will prefer going via Wireless rather than BlueTooth).

Glad to know about Chromecast audio.

I also need to watch movies through the same 5005 amplifier and may need to buy a separate device to connect my Raspberry Pi (since the analogue out from RPI has lot of hum in it).

Keep posting...

What is your audio source? If its via pc or mainly digital ; Buy PM 5005 and don't bother about pm 6005..
Buy a dedicated DAC like Modi 2 uber at 15k which will be much better option than buying PM 6005 for digital input and just 5Wpc more over PM 5005. BA26 shine well with dedicated DAC.

Other amps to consider are
Onkyo A9030 or A9010
Yamaha BL 202, A-S301 which are more powerful and rated equally good as PM 6005. These should be available for audition locally. Take BA26 along for audition.

Perfect! this is what I did. Bought PM5005 (have been using it for 2+ weeks) and ordered Modi Multibit..waiting to arrive at my door :)

Are you still facing the headache issue after 2-3 hours?

My wife had a headache after just a few songs - but I do not know if it was the Yamaha or the Marantz which caused this, since both were played back to back and switching back and forth.

Are you still facing the headache issue after 2-3 hours?

My wife had a headache after just a few songs - but I do not know if it was the Yamaha or the Marantz which caused this, since both were played back to back and switching back and forth.
Actually not, I think my ears are now trained well to this combo. This amp and speakers are beast.. falling in love with them day by day...

Hi guys, I am back again. Just wanted to confirm that do speaker stands are really worth? I am planning to buy "opal" from sound foundations for around 7400 Rs. Are they worth to consider? The reason I am thinking to buy is, current speakers setup is way below the ear level and I want to improvise the bass output. Let me know...thanks

Hi guys, I am back again. Just wanted to confirm that do speaker stands are really worth? I am planning to buy "opal" from sound foundations for around 7400 Rs. Are they worth to consider? The reason I am thinking to buy is, current speakers setup is way below the ear level and I want to improvise the bass output. Let me know...thanks

Check the for sale section, I think I saw a post on speaker stands.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

Speaker Stands are definitely one of the best value adds to BS speakers. Professionally made stands give a lot of flexibility in levelling. DIY can give you extreme satisfaction and cost saving if you are meticulous about your efforts. I went DIY route and definitely feel now that professionally built stands make more sense as my skills were not up to the mark.

Speaker stands are one of the useful investment and they're mostly onetime only. Go for better ones, Bostons with a very good low end response deserve a well designed ones like Sound foundation Monitor gold or Nemesis series if budget permits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally ordered Opal speaker stand, let's see till what extend it will improve sound quality. Thanks guys for your suggestions.

Hi guys, just wanted to share my experience about my journey to the world of HiFi which started with boston acoustics digital cinema soundware 2.1 system. When it was in my home I was so happy to hear the clarity that my all old songs sound far better than philips HTIB 4750 which was still not bad at all sound wise.

Then though to upgrade these tiny speakers with thin sound with A26 for full-bodied sound. And was quite happy with the sound quality. Afterwords I got the go ahead to buy amp from my wife. pm5005 came to my home and thanks to FM here who suggested me to buy this and thus saving 14k. Sound quality became amazing but with slightly heavy bass which I got used to it.

Then one day , my mom told me what gift you want on your birthday, I said casually, I want speaker stands. And now from past 4 days Opal is at my home gifted by my mom. And now the music is at totally another level. I just don't want to stop listening the music. My all favourite songs have now come alive, with.awesome clarity, tight bass and amazing high range with too wide.soundstage
.. I have never listen this kind of sound at any audition rooms...

I really want to say thank to this forum/ forum members who are sharing wonderful knowledge that is helping people like me to build the dream system which now I am enjoying enjoying and.enjoying a lot...thanks again..helping me to make a right choice..

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back