Need help to buy amp within 30k budget

Buy the marantz 6000 series amp. The 5000 series isn't as sweet as the 6000 series. Save and buy rather than buy something that doesn't live upto expectations and then waste money again. Any amp in this price range will not let you play music loud so if you expect it to thump you it won't do that. These are small sweet sounding musical amps.
Pm5005 is at my home from yesterday:) I did not find any difference between 6004 and 5005. It's sound so awesome and very loud on 1/4 volume in my 16x 10 feet room.

Sent from my Lenovo A7010a48 using Tapatalk

Just want to post my experience of marantz pm5005 with BA26..the detailing is awesome, but one thing is bothering me is its bass..I tested it for nearly 3 hours continuously, and found ear fatigue because of bass, though it's not boomy but gives headache after sometime. I have kept these speakers 1 foot ahead from the wall from both the sides it is almost 2feets. My wires is not that much thin low quality or neither very heavy. I have to reduce the bass level to nearly 30%. Do you guys feel the same or any other other solution to this?

Just want to post my experience of marantz pm5005 with BA26..the detailing is awesome, but one thing is bothering me is its bass..I tested it for nearly 3 hours continuously, and found ear fatigue because of bass, though it's not boomy but gives headache after sometime. I have kept these speakers 1 foot ahead from the wall from both the sides it is almost 2feets. My wires is not that much thin low quality or neither very heavy. I have to reduce the bass level to nearly 30%. Do you guys feel the same or any other other solution to this?

This what I was talking about in my input/feedback (on first page) that Marantz + BA26 sounds bass heavy.

If you are using computer as source then you can adjust low freq in player equalizer, you should be able to get desired results.

Congrats on PM5005, try Zenzor 1 or 3 if possible with your AVR to feel its melody.

This what I was talking about in my input/feedback (on first page) that Marantz + BA26 sounds bass heavy.

If you are using computer as source then you can adjust low freq in player equalizer, you should be able to get desired results.

Congrats on PM5005, try Zenzor 1 or 3 if possible with your AVR to feel its melody.
Hi guddu478, while auditioning I did not found theses speakers bass heavy. But anyways I will keep bass at 30% and will try to change the cables too.

I am back again. From past 2 days this combo at home is sounding really flat with no sparkling highs and bass is there but not sounding punchy. I am really worried what can be the problem behind this. It was sounding excellent before that. Can somebody help me? I am getting really disappointed now

I am back again. From past 2 days this combo at home is sounding really flat with no sparkling highs and bass is there but not sounding punchy. I am really worried what can be the problem behind this. It was sounding excellent before that. Can somebody help me? I am getting really disappointed now

Still using same source and audio files as before or anything changed in the chain?

Guys, I am really worried. Is it amp problem...? I even tried to change cables. Earlier on 25% volume it sounded loud. But now I need to volume up to 45% to hear the same amount of sound. Treble has lost the charm and entire setup is sounding like lifeless to me suddenly. What will be the problem...it's amp or speakers?

Guys, I am really worried. Is it amp problem...? I even tried to change cables. Earlier on 25% volume it sounded loud. But now I need to volume up to 45% to hear the same amount of sound. Treble has lost the charm and entire setup is sounding like lifeless to me suddenly. What will be the problem...it's amp or speakers?

Did you change speakers positioning? Any furniture change?
Check changing the speaker position, check with different input sources and let us know. If the amp has a headphone out check with headphones for any hiss, disparity between channels etc..

Try changing to some other room for temporarily checking purposes and post the experience. Pm 5005 isn't a very powerful amp but it should be more than enough for driving the Boston A26. If nothing works then probably the amp needs to be checked by the professional.

I have not changed anything, it suddenly happened. Even I noticed the soundstage has also became narrow. I think I need to call MZ Audio now. If anybody of you guys has same kind of experience please share it.

Any changes in the connections? like wire, connecting polarity to speakers? any other audio source cables? loudness enabled/disabled?

The last option i can think of is to test it at the place from where you bought it. Just to eliminate any issues with amp or the speakers.

i think you have blown your speakers tweeters, get them checked

Are you sure, with almost less that 50% of volume can blow these speakers? I am now more worried, did not get the time to take the speakers and amp to the shop...sad

• Look for another amp by a friend of yours, to make some test ...
  • check with a different source ( CD, ttable, ecc )

I will take my amp and speakers to the shop to check what exactly the problem is..it's really frustrating..

Before going to shop, I uninstalled everything and installed it again, now everything is fine. Feeling relief..huhh

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back