Need help to decide a TV

@alokbharti would you say the same for LG LH70 (I mixed up LH and PQ -_-)

yes.. same :)

LG you mentioned is costly compared to samsung model.. samsung offers better contrast as adder clarified.. in fact IMO it offers better overall PQ..

Ultimately.. it depends which one you liked more.. These are all personal opinions..

I could not view them side by side so I can't say which I like more ;)

I know its your personal opinion - that IS what i'm looking for - hehe..

I ended up purchasing Samsung LA40C530 for 49k :)

It works very well. Thanks a lot for the suggestions guys.

Now last help needed - please help me configure this TV (calibration) for a decently lit room. Thanks!!!!

yup with warranty everything legal.. ya we drove a VERY hard bargain lol.. got it from Sales Emporium, Lansdowne in kolkata - I doubt they'll sell for that low a price.. we will be buying a ps3 and some other stuff dwn the road so they sold it..

but they do have lowest prices imo.. we were considering c550 first lowest offer we got was 55k but they gave us direct 53k..after going to the shop c530 was avail on hand + we decided that we didnt need an extra hdmi port and the crystal design so we bought the c530 instead..

watching SD content (cable) was decent (much better than expected) and I watched a 720p rip of Wall-E (mkv) through USB and it was FANTASTIC.

yup with warranty everything legal.. ya we drove a VERY hard bargain lol.. got it from Sales Emporium, Lansdowne in kolkata - I doubt they'll sell for that low a price.. we will be buying a ps3 and some other stuff dwn the road so they sold it..

but they do have lowest prices imo.. we were considering c550 first lowest offer we got was 55k but they gave us direct 53k..after going to the shop c530 was avail on hand + we decided that we didnt need an extra hdmi port and the crystal design so we bought the c530 instead..

watching SD content (cable) was decent (much better than expected) and I watched a 720p rip of Wall-E (mkv) through USB and it was FANTASTIC.

congratulations... excellent deal.. 49K for 40c530..phew..almost same prize as 2009 model b530..and you are able to play mkv through USB.. awesome..:clapping:

Okay I am very happy with the TV for the last few days..

Now I have a question - I had a Sony music player lying around at home so I connected it with my phone and found that it had pretty good sound.

So I want to connect this to the TV if possible

Can you tell me how I can go about this?

It has RCA input only (the red/white thing)

I was looking at the TV posterior and it has 2 outputs one is something which looks like a mini (3.5mm) and optical out. Now I want to ask what exactly is the mini-like thing? Is it a mini?

So if I get a mini->rca converter can I connect them to the system?

Also the system has 2 surround sound modules - so will I get any surround sound effect when watching stuff??

Also I have a PS3 attached to the TV via a HDMi cable, will the TV route the ps3 sound also to the music system?

Thanks!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
You already mentioned but can you confirm me how is SD (Tatasky) performance ?.How is sports channels/action? Are you happy with contrast ?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back