• Thread starter Deleted member 17547
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 17547

Hi,

I have a Home Theater Speaker System -

Yamaha RX-V367 AV Receiver
Yamaha NS-8900 Tower Speakers (Front)
Yamaha NS-P8900 Surround Speakers (Center, Rear left and right)
Yamaha YST-SW215 (Sub Woofer)

I use Iomega Media Player to watch HD movies on this system. I have connected player's optical out to receiver's optical in.

Problem is that i am not getting a proper sound output. Could you guys please provide me some tips to take the full advantage of this system. I am planning to sell off this system if i could not find any solution.

Thanks in advance.

Mods i am not sure that this is right place to put this thread. If not suitable then please remove it.

Thanks

Problem is that i am not getting a proper sound output. Could you guys please provide me some tips to take the full advantage of this system. I am planning to sell off this system if i could not find any solution.

Can you elaborate? What is missing in the sound?

Cheers

Hey guys thanks for the reply..

@Imrahn & @venkatcr: 'Proper' means full surround sound with clearity. Sound is loud enough and clear when i play stereo. And thanks for the replies. :)

I guess i found solution to my problem. I asked Yamaha guy to come over and look at the System. My HD player is not outputting 5.1 channel out. May be that's why i wasn't getting full sound. I'll get a dvd or bluray player to test it. Will update you guys once m done with this.

But still i feel that this system is not worth the money i spent on it. I bought it for 54K. Can anyone of you suggest where i can sell this in case i need to.

Cheers..!!

Hey guys thanks for the reply..

@Imrahn & @venkatcr: 'Proper' means full surround sound with clearity. Sound is loud enough and clear when i play stereo. And thanks for the replies. :)

I guess i found solution to my problem. I asked Yamaha guy to come over and look at the System. My HD player is not outputting 5.1 channel out. May be that's why i wasn't getting full sound. I'll get a dvd or bluray player to test it. Will update you guys once m done with this.

But still i feel that this system is not worth the money i spent on it. I bought it for 54K. Can anyone of you suggest where i can sell this in case i need to.

Cheers..!!

You can put it up for sale on any website/forum, starting here on HFV but lets talk about your problem first, You got PM.

Yeah i got your PM. Sent u the reply.. Will be in contact with you very soon.. :)

Thanks...

@Trittya: This is my current setup... No other option of speaker placement.. :mad::sad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you downloading BD-rips from the net and playing them here using the IOmega player? Sometimes the rips do not have DD/DTS track and may be downmixed to 5 channel PCM or worse plain stereo.

Does the player have HDMI out? If yes, are you using the HDMI-HDMI connection? If no, does it have coax digital or optical out? Try these connections. Only HDMI, optical and coax digital give 5.1 output in bitstream mode.

In my opinion, your system is quite fine. As you yourself said, try out playing DVD's and/or BD's (use originals please) and check.

I have used original BDs too.. I used to use Iomega for playing downloaded HD Movies but now i use my Sony BRplayer to play them.. dumped Iomega as it was not outputting 5.1. I have connected it thru HDMI only.. Used optical too but did not find any diff so again using HDMI. Use my PC for music, using MAudio Fast Track Pro for audio out and connected it to AVR thru stereo RCA Cables.

I guess the major problem is lack of space and lack of proper settings knowledge.. :D

Thanks,
Vikram

@avidyarthy: Yes you are right but my preference is more for music so thought of going for Tower Speakers. Here i went wrong.. I should have gone for bookshelf speakers.. :D But anyways.. still its not like that m dying to replace it.. i like this system... its just that m tryin to get more optimized audio from it (if i can, looking at the other factors - space, source etc)

Thanks,
Vikram

Yes Jatin, i ran that too.. Then i manually adjusted some settings like level n distance.. I am not sure that its the optimized level of this system.. I am just tryin if i can get better audio than right now..

Thanks,
Vikram

In the Sony BD player, in the audio setting be sure to set audio settings as follows:

Audio Output Priority: HDMI (when using HDMI)
Audio HDMI: Auto
BD Audio Setting: Direct
Audio ATT: Off
Dolby Digital: Dolby Digital
DTS: DTS

I guess all the settings are as u mentioned.. even then i'll check today.. will update u.. :)

Thanks,
Vikram

I am using the yamaha 467 with the ps3 and was just gng thru the audio setting in the ps3 and saw that it was in auto mode..
The ps3 in this mode was outputting only linear 2 ch pcm...
In the manual mode wat all options do i check to get 5.1 audio out those are supported by the receiver..
btw m connected via HDMI...

I am using the yamaha 467 with the ps3 and was just gng thru the audio setting in the ps3 and saw that it was in auto mode..
The ps3 in this mode was outputting only linear 2 ch pcm...
In the manual mode wat all options do i check to get 5.1 audio out those are supported by the receiver..
btw m connected via HDMI...

Manas, i don't have PS3 so no idea about that.. As far as AVR is concerned, either you can play it in STRIAGHT mode which will just amplify the sound from the source or you can use any DSP Surround program but that wont be a true 5.1 output. Like when i watch movies i use STRAIGHT mode and i get 5.1 output from my BDP. I always use this mode as i dont want to play with the original sound from source.

If you have optical out in PS3 then u can try that but i dont think that it will make any diff coz u r already using HDMI.. there must be some setting (like Dolby Digital out or sumthing like that) in PS3 which will enable you to send 5.1 channel audio to AVR..

Thanks,
Vikram

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back