Need Help!!! Which Inverter AC to go for?

rishiguru

Hi guys, need expert advice from people down here. I have decided to buy two split ACs for my two room flat in Kolkata (Calcutta). These ACs need to be installed in the two rooms.

Room Dimension

1st Room: 15 X 12 sq ft
2nd Room: 15 X 11 sqft

Room Height : 10 ft

My flat is situated on the 2nd floor of a six storied building facing north-west, so both the rooms in summer remains non sunny and cool from the morning till mid noon, after which sun begins to set in the west. So from 2 p.m. to 6 pm in a hot humid summer both the rooms receive sunlight from the west facing windows and become hot. Both the rooms have glass windows but are heavily curtained.

Daytime summer temperatures of Kolkata:

Avg Temp (C): 37, Max Temp (C): 43

Surfing I found out inverter ACs are the way to go, saves a lot of electricity bill. Also it is said that inverter AC on 1.1 ton capacity can easily cool like a 1.5 ton non-inverter AC.

I have come down to two options from my limited search:

1) Panasonic econ Inverter - Silver AC (1 Ton)

Link: Panasonic econ Inverter - Silver AC

Link: Reliance Digital: Panasonic econ Inverter - Silver AC

2) Sharp AH-XP13NRV Inverter AC (1.1 Ton)

Link: Sharp AH-XP13NRV Inverter AC

Link: eZone: Sharp AH-XP13NRV Inverter AC

I am in desperate need of suggestion from you guys and need to finalize which one to buy.

Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited:
Hi Rishi Guru,

I have bought LG inverter V, 1.5 ton model no. BSNQ186c8r2. I checked all the features like MF condenser, sawtooth wavy on the leading edge of the ODU fan blades in order to reduce the noise. Mine is consuming net 13 units(1 unit= 1 kwhr of electricity) for 18 hrs running, with selected temperature of 27 deg C,that too with energy saving mode on.This seems to be pretty high. Initial costs of inverter ac doesn't seem to translate into lesser electricity bill. Would you check the power consumption of your units, so that we can draw some benchmarks.

Thanks and regards

Sunil Kumar

For the rooms of your size, you should go with 1.5 TR AC. 1.1 and below capacity will work overtime to cool down.

Even though Hitachi is costly, I recommend it. O'General and Carrier are other good brands. I will not recommend LG, Samsung, etc. but they do have good service. My own Hitachi 1.5 TR Window AC did not complain even once in the last 11 years. All I do, is at the start of summer and start of winter, I clean the vents and the air filter.

You Need Min 1.5 Ton AC. I am using the Sharp 1,5 ton inverter Ac and fully satisfied with the performance. Really value for money

Don't buy 1 ton ac. Get 1.5 ton. Best brand as per me no. Wise are given below.

Mitsubishi
O general
Daikin
Hitachi
Panasonic
These are top 5 cos. And check ac is fully copper including PCB and has whether resistance properties. So buy as per yr budget.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back