Need help with Speaker n AVR choice and Price

tmraj

Hello,

Need forum members' opinion on following points. Had put these questions as part of my long post on my experience :) Now asking only the questions so that more experts respond. It would really help me to make a correct decision -

1. What's the going price for wharf 9.5 / 9.6 towers. And also the price for wharf diamond 9CS / 9CM [centers], Diamond 9 DFS. Quote that i have got from vector : 9.5 tower - 30K/pair, 9.6 tower - 40k/pair, 9CS - 11K, 9 dfs - 11k / pair, SW 150 - 21k. Any other dealer to verify Wharf prices in Bangalore.
  2. What is a good AVR to drive 9.6 speakers. 9.6 are 200W speakers. I am told 1911 and 608 may not drive these well and I need go for 2311 or 708. Did I hear right ?
  3. I am planning to buy Infinity PS312 12 400W subwoofer from USA. Let me know if any of you have any experience with it. Reviews are good for this sub. PS212 has been around for long and reviews are more for this model. PS312 has same specs. It goes as low as 25Hz.

thanks much

@Kamal - Its USD 315 [Rs 15K] on amazon with shipping to US address. One of my friends will be bringing it to India. Considering that it's 400W and 12" looks to be good deal. But will have to go for step down transformer. Hope it lands safely :)

What's the going price for wharf 9.5 / 9.6 towers. And also the price for wharf diamond 9CS / 9CM [centers], Diamond 9 DFS. Quote that i have got from vector : 9.5 tower - 30K/pair, 9.6 tower - 40k/pair, 9CS - 11K, 9 dfs - 11k / pair, SW 150 - 21k. Any other dealer to verify Wharf prices in Bangalore.

No idea about 9.5 & 9.6, but the prices of 9 CS, 9 DFS and SW 150 are MRP. You can get it for at least 10% less if you bargain.

Look for 15% because that is the standard discount. Vector may try to fool you so be careful. I got only 12% after a real hard bargaining with vercor. I realized there is something wrong. Then I went to some one in Jayanagar (I guess Total sound or something I can give you details by evening if you want). They were giving flat 15% even with out any bargaining. On further question he said that's the standard and he can't go below that and was more convincing than Vector.

Look for 15% because that is the standard discount. Vector may try to fool you so be careful. I got only 12% after a real hard bargaining with vercor. I realized there is something wrong. Then I went to some one in Jayanagar (I guess Total sound or something I can give you details by evening if you want). They were giving flat 15% even with out any bargaining. On further question he said that's the standard and he can't go below that and was more convincing than Vector.

This is what I heard from one of the dealers in Chennai. First dealer said he would give 10% discount on Denon 1611+Wharfe combo, but the second guy said he gives 15% discount normally when I asked the prices for Denon 1611+ CA Sirocco.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back