Speaker Setup for Denon AVR 1612

disneyschumi

Hi Guys, I been Reading reading reading a lot and i am completely lost now. I am not Big Techic but i love Movies...Am i am Building HT now...got Denon AVR 1612 from amazon...after buying i got to know from the forum I need step Down Transformers for 110v electronics....Now U ppl must be wondering how stupid i am....

Well as i bought AVR now...I was wondering if wht i bought is any gud? can anyone tell me..is the above mentioned model gud enough for movies...

now Need to buy 5.1 setup....

This is where the problem start....I read a lot in the forum and more i read more i hear the model and make...more i think more i get lost...can anyone plz help me find a gud tower speakers for denon avr 1612,

Requirements:

-Setup will be Placed in a living room, Size 15" * 20" may be little more..
-Playing Movies 80% and music 20%
-Budget 25-30k Max on Tower Speakers
-I can stretch Max up 40k if its worth...but 30k will be comfortable...

Now Speakers I have Checked
-Polk Tsi 300 and 400
-Kiplieps Rf 52 ( it was little out of my budget...Price quoted was little over 45k)
-Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 or 9.6( i heard some gud and bad reviews in forum not sure about the price)
- Paradigm Monitor 7 and 9 ( i have no idea about the Price..)
- KeF IQ90 ( not sure about the Price)
- Energy C-500 ( Again not Sure about price)

Now this is all i have got to know after reading and getting confused...now i need to pick whts best and wht suits my need and which comes in my budget of 30k Max....40 i can stretch for something superb is available(thats Optional)

Now guys 30k is only for tower speakers now..later i will upgrade to 5.1 step by step in months time...
Please help me out here guys...and i stay in Bangalore, anyplace i need to look in? that i can do..

Regards
Utsav

For towers upto ... u got to look for Wharfedale 9.5 ss which are available in Group Buy section too or Polk Tsi series.... Both go well with Denon... U ain;t gonna find any othr towers in tat low budget..

dont even think of tower speakers in that budget. Towers in that price range are highly compromised in quality.
u shd seriously consider bookshelves for that budget...psb, warfdale, b&w, are a few i can think of. U can check with guys here for good booksleves at that budget. I know of PSB's & B&W as I have heard them they are good. If you buy towers in this price range you can get better sound quality for the same price with bookshelves. If you are particular about only towers save up to about 60-70K....entry level terrific towers

Ok Guys....If u ppl say 30-40k i cant buy a decent Towers Speakers, wht are the best Bookshelf Models Available in 30-40k range... it will be a 5.1 setup,
60-40 movies and music...
and remember 30-40k is only for Stereo....in months time i will buy Sub, Center and Surround,

Thanks Guys....I am planning to get RTi A7 Tower Speakers or paradigm monitor 7, Got an good deal on Amazon...it would cost me close to 50k

At ur budget its got to be bookshelves. I personally like the Paradign Bookshelves. Audition em, im sure u will love em too.

Back