Need Help : Xtreamer not working.

kg_murali

Dear All,

All of a sudden my Xtreamer stopped working. On switching ON, nothing is visible on my TV. The unit is connected to Pana 42C10 via HDMI cable. The initial Xtreamer menu itself is not visible. But the red led on the unit is glowing.

Did the following things but no improvement.

1. Changed the batteries of the remote.
2. Changed the HDMI cables, also replaced with RCA on AV .
3. Checked with other TV

The unit is not responding to the remote buttons including the power off.

Gurus, Kindly help me how to resolve the issue.

Regards

Murali

U can try to install emergency Firmware, this can help.
If you have any HDD installed in Xtreamer remove them and try.

Keep us posted, i have a xtreamer MK1 too.

Maybe you have already tried this. Disconnect HDMI, connect thru composite cable and reboot.

If this has not worked, check manual or internet, there maybe some shortcuts (from remote) to toggle output display to Composite/ Component/ HDMI.
Good luck!

Both Composite and HDMi are active at a given moment in Xtreamer. There is no option to toggle.

Emerency FW can help if the unit is bricked.

Dear All,

All of a sudden my Xtreamer stopped working. On switching ON, nothing is visible on my TV. The unit is connected to Pana 42C10 via HDMI cable. The initial Xtreamer menu itself is not visible. But the red led on the unit is glowing.

Did the following things but no improvement.

1. Changed the batteries of the remote.
2. Changed the HDMI cables, also replaced with RCA on AV .
3. Checked with other TV

The unit is not responding to the remote buttons including the power off.

Gurus, Kindly help me how to resolve the issue.

Regards

Murali

If the red light on the Unit is glowing , it indicates that the Xtreamer is in the OFF condition. The light changes to green when ON. Looks like your remote is not working. Is the LED on the remote lighting up when you press any the keys on the remote. I had the same problem which got resolved after opening the remote case and reassembling. (I was not sure how or why the remote started working again). I now have a Universal Logitech remote also.

there is a hard disk swich behind xtreamer. just change its position . No logic to this but it works somretime.

Dear Jagadish,

I think you are right. My remote unit is not working. :mad: The red led on the remote faintly blinks, but as suggested by Xtreamer support team I checked this with a digital camera in video mode. I could not see any IR led blinking on this remote. Now where to get a spare remote.

I am in touch with Xtreamer support, will keep you updated on this.

Thanks for all your support.

cheers

Murali

Dear All,

My unit is still under warranty. Bought the item on 6/05/10. The unit was bought thru Trans Innovators, also called Syngwind on E-bay. They have washed off their hands saying that all support issues will be handled directly by Xtramerindia support.

Now this Indian Xtreamer support team directed me to Xtreamer.net and now I get a mail saying I am not on their list. :eek:

:confused::confused: Now what to do ? Any idea how much an Xtreamer remote control costs ?? Also what's the cost for an universal remote and how to teach this UR the codes of Xtreamer :confused:

regards

Murali

If you get Harmon from Logitech , Just download the devide from Logitech, Works like a charm. Personally tested...............

Deal All,

Thanks for all your support. I opened up the remote and did a touch up on all the soldered points. Looks like a cap across the battery had some dry solder.

Now the unit is working fine. :yahoo: :clapping:

One word of advise, be careful while opening the remote. You may need a small penknife for this. This one is screwless and is snap fit. Work your way from the IR LED towards the battery side. It opens up easily.

cheers

Murali

Hi Murli,
I just accidently found this mail on this forum today and was surprised to note the comments on Xtreamer.
If you can recollect I had told you to get in touch with the Xtreamer India for replacement of remote. I was always in the loop and had even asked you to send the remote back for replacement once Xtreamer asked you to do so.
I have never washed my hands off as stated by you.
Whenever there is an technical issue involved we guide the customer to the company support site. You were not on the list as the unit was not registered with the site. I hope that this makes the record straight.

It has always been our policy to offer the best after sales support to our customers and would continue to do so.

Best Regard
syngwind

Dear All,

My unit is still under warranty. Bought the item on 6/05/10. The unit was bought thru Trans Innovators, also called Syngwind on E-bay. They have washed off their hands saying that all support issues will be handled directly by Xtramerindia support.

Now this Indian Xtreamer support team directed me to Xtreamer.net and now I get a mail saying I am not on their list. :eek:

:confused::confused: Now what to do ? Any idea how much an Xtreamer remote control costs ?? Also what's the cost for an universal remote and how to teach this UR the codes of Xtreamer :confused:

regards

Murali

Hi Sunil Bhandary,

I do appreciate your support. Yes in this case I found out that the remote was not working after you directed me to the Xtreamer site.

It was one of the member who suggested to check the remote with a digital camera. I would have appreciated if this suggestion would have come from you. Yes you did promptly replied me that you will change the remote free of cost. By that time I had already repaired the remote. :clapping: Its my mistake that I didnt get back to you to close the loop.

Yes I appreciate your support & prompt reply (Sygwind) . Sorry If this has hurt your feelings. Now the system is working fine.

Thanks for your support.

Murali

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back