Need quick help with my Samsung PN64F8500 purchase

Toocool

I've decided to purchase the Samsung PN648500 for my bedroom. Here's the final offer.

TV with Stabiliser worth Rs 3.5k, installation and wall-mount -- Rs 1.92 lakhs

I will be getting a HW-F450 Soundbar from Samsung worth Rs 19,990 from Samsung as part of the Diwali offer. Free.

I have also been offered extended warranty from Samsung. Rs 8000 for additional 2 years and Rs 12,000 for additional 3 years.

The dealer also said that I can opt for the extended warranty before the first year warranty ends. But he is unsure if the price will remain the same after a year.

So is it worth going for 3 or 4 years of warranty? My dealer says Plasma TVs usually last for 20 years and I will have no issues.

Also, how is the deal? Has anyone else been offered a better price? Thanks :)

Viewing distance is about 11 feet. But since I've already decided on buying the TV, all that i want to know is if extended warranty of an additional 3 years is worth it. I'll have to pay 12,000 extra.

Is this extended warranty offer from dealer or directly from Samsung?
What is the procedure?

samsung brandshop salesman told me samsung is not providing extended warranty.

I've decided to purchase the Samsung PN648500 for my bedroom. Here's the final offer.

I will be getting a HW-F450 Soundbar from Samsung worth Rs 19,990 from Samsung as part of the Diwali offer. Free.

I have also been offered extended warranty from Samsung. Rs 8000 for additional 2 years and Rs 12,000 for additional 3 years.

The dealer also said that I can opt for the extended warranty before the first year warranty ends. But he is unsure if the price will remain the same after a year.

So is it worth going for 3 or 4 years of warranty? My dealer says Plasma TVs usually last for 20 years and I will have no issues.

Seems to be good offer. Can you PM where you are getting this offer from? I am also interested, though would look for the Dassera/ Diwali offer Evolution kit and not the sound bar.

Last edited:
Go for it with 3yr warranty. Though as someone is mentioning high failure, which is notbentirely true, but in case there is failure, it is usually the panel which costs upto 70 to 80% of a new tv.

Seems to be good offer. Can you PM where you are getting this offer from? I am also interested, though would look for the Dassera/ Diwali offer Evolution kit and not the sound bar.

Didn't get you. What's the point of an evolution kit when the internals are the latest?

Didn't get you. What's the point of an evolution kit when the internals are the latest?

I guess that will help keep the TV software specs updated as and when there is an update, for the next 3 years. Further, since I have a HT already, I would not want a soundbar.

Better go for 3 years extended warranty and have a peace of mind. 12k is not much when u are spending nearly 2 lakhs on a TV. I am myself looking towards buying the same model. Not getting a good price anywhere, will wait and watch to pick the set around Diwali time.

Hi,

Did you contact Samsung customer service toll free number for Extended warranty?
Please share how to avail the extended warranty.
I am also interested

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back