Need Review for JAMO S718 Floorstanders

metalbandit

Hi All,

I had singled out the JAMO S606 Floorstanders with the Onkyo 606 AV Reciever which sounded good for the music I listen to (Mostly Metal, Trance, Progressive) and were also within my budget (upto 25K). But then I saw the S718 Floorstanders retailing at around the same price as the S606. I have just given them a preliminary hearing and will be getting a full fledged demo next week with my own CD's and DVD's.

Meanwhile does anyone in this forum own or have reviewed these speakers? Would appreciate an opinion on their performance and your own experience.

Thanks in advance....

Have you auditioned the Monitor Audio BR5? Perhaps if you mention which city you are in, users could suggest other options as well.

Have you auditioned the Monitor Audio BR5? Perhaps if you mention which city you are in, users could suggest other options as well.

=================

I am based in Mumbai. Where can I audition the Monitors??

I had a first look at the JAMO S718's at E-Zone..

Can somebody please share their opinion of the Jamo speakers? I too am in the market for floorstanders and notice that whenever any mention of floorstanders comes in, it is the Monitor Audio brand which pops out in everybody's mind!

Of course it shows how good a speaker that is. But unfortunately that is a bit too costly for me.

A review of the Jamo S606 or the S718 would be greatly helpful.

Can somebody please share their opinion of the Jamo speakers? I too am in the market for floorstanders and notice that whenever any mention of floorstanders comes in, it is the Monitor Audio brand which pops out in everybody's mind!

Of course it shows how good a speaker that is. But unfortunately that is a bit too costly for me.

A review of the Jamo S606 or the S718 would be greatly helpful.

===============

There are reviews of the JAMO S606 in some threads here but almost no mention of the S718's; the exact reason why I have requested for a review.

Last edited:

The dealers for Monitor Audio are Nova Audio (NOVA AUDIO PVT. LTD.). You may wish to get in touch with Sanjay Thakur at 26007700. The showroom is off Carter Road in Bandra, near "Crepe Station" restaurant.

One of our users, Shahrukh, also has a pair of KEF iQ5s up for sale that you could consider.

I too am in the market for floorstanders and notice that whenever any mention of floorstanders comes in, it is the Monitor Audio brand which pops out in everybody's mind!

I guess it seems that way because the MAs are excellent all-rounders. You'll notice that if someone specifies a certain genre like Jazz or Classical then the focus shifts to the Quads and others.

While the MA reference silver range is a tad expensive, the Bronze series is rather competitively priced.

There are quite a few inexpensive speakers around: Mordaunt Short Avant 906i, Wharfedale Diamond 9.5, Polk Audio Monitor 60. If you consider bookshelves, the PSB Image B25, MA Bronze BR2, Quad 11L are some of the many options.

Friends, this thread is turning into another search for speaker alternatives. I am still looking for a JAMO review.

Is it that no one owns or has ever seen and heard these speakers in action? :confused:

I guess it seems that way because the MAs are excellent all-rounders. You'll notice that if someone specifies a certain genre like Jazz or Classical then the focus shifts to the Quads and others.

While the MA reference silver range is a tad expensive, the Bronze series is rather competitively priced.

There are quite a few inexpensive speakers around: Mordaunt Short Avant 906i, Wharfedale Diamond 9.5, Polk Audio Monitor 60. If you consider bookshelves, the PSB Image B25, MA Bronze BR2, Quad 11L are some of the many options.

Would you happen to know the price of the Bronze floorstanders? Are they upto scratch? How do you think they compete against the Wharfedale 9.5/9.6 and Acoustic Energy Neo 3's?

I am not looking at standmounters as of now. If I were looking for standmounters I would close my eyes and go for the EPOS M12.2. Fantastic speaker.

Friends, this thread is turning into another search for speaker alternatives. I am still looking for a JAMO review.

Is it that no one owns or has ever seen and heard these speakers in action? :confused:

Well, if nobody has heard them, I might drop in at Cinebels this weekend. I can then come back and post a review of my experience there.

I was thinking in the same line. I will call Jamo tomorrow and see what they say.

Cheers

I called them yesterday and their salesman called me up today. The S718 is very attractively priced too. I am just worried whether the 10 inch subwoofer would add too much boom to it and spoil the work of the two 6.5 inch midrange drivers.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back