Sonodyne Sonus 2605 V3 or Jamo S718

Your this description of B&W is quite accurate. I have heard most of the B&W line (save for 800 series) and I am yet to hear a setup which I could call "neutral" or natural sounding. I don't want to list their problems but to sum it up I would say they sounded muddled compared to other brands at the same price point. Here I have to add that I would not attribute their muddiness to the electronics. CDPs from brands like Meridian can't produce muddled sound. Amplifiers such as Denon PMA 2000, Luxman L-550, Marantz PM 88 are plenty resolving for speakers at those price points. So, I can't fault the electronics. Besides on the same setup I tried other speakers and they produced good detail in their respective capacity. Based on my multiple auditions of B&W (yes, like most Indians I was also tempted to own a "B&W") I have concluded that low end B&Ws are just average speakers. You can better them at their respective price points.

Completely Agree with "low end B&Ws are just average speakers" even in that budget (lower B&W) we can get much much better SQ with other brands.
Do you think B&W speakers are made for 2.0 or 2.1 (stereo/audiophiles), I guess NO. B&W speakers are better for HT Fronts. Comments please.

Completely Agree with "low end B&Ws are just average speakers" even in that budget (lower B&W) we can get much much better SQ with other brands.
Do you think B&W speakers are made for 2.0 or 2.1 (stereo/audiophiles), I guess NO. B&W speakers are better for HT Fronts. Comments please.

I wouldn't think they are HT only speakers. They do well in stereo, so long as you don't expect them to be neutral/clean.

Only 800 and above series of b&w counts for something worth the money. Their budget lines or budget floorstanders the price of higher end bookshelves are pretty muddy too. The newer kevlar heavy ones.

Only 800 and above series of b&w counts for something worth the money. Their budget lines or budget floorstanders the price of higher end bookshelves are pretty muddy too. The newer kevlar heavy ones.

So what's your suggested speakers for power amps?

What kind of brands do you have access to where you live - if you were to and see physically?

Yamaha (NS and Soavo), Klipsch (Reference)
Mission, Mordaun Short, JBL, KEF, Jamo, KLH (Few models)
Wharfedale (Was available but dealers are not keeping stock after price hike)
Bose (All)

Bose (All)

Well, I won't suggest you anything that I wont approve and use myself so if that's ok, read below:

Yamaha
-FORGET the NS series. Complete waste of money new. I'd take a 40 year old Philips hiQ or hi-fi international for 3k inr over any of the present generation of NS series. Long gone are the days of ns1000 1500 2000.

The Soavo series is decent but out of your budget and ridiculously overpriced.

Klipsch reference series
- I couldn't find myself liking the sound of any of their models.
Bit too much of hard sparkle and bass...lacking in presentation of mid range and subtle details.

JBL
- They have some home entertainment speakers but I would not look there if I were looking for anything from JBL.
If i wanted something from JBL I'd save and get their studio series...which otherwise is out of your budget.
The control 1 series is popular but thats low budget.

Kef
- Q300 at approx 32
- IQ 3 or 5 on clearance if vendor has for 24 and 38
- XQ bookshelf speakers on clearance around 40

Jamo
- c403 <- Should be a very good match to your A-S500
- c603 <- Highly recommended by me, should be around 40k
- D430 old stock <- Very high recommended should be around 40k if you can find it as old stock
- e825 old stock - Older version of the c603
- e875 old stock floorstanders around 40k

Mission
- Have not heard so can't comment.

Mordaunt Short

KLH

Last edited:
Klipsch reference series
Bit too much of hard sparkle and bass...lacking in presentation of mid range and subtle details.

I haven't heard the current gen reference series but their previous gen RF3 and RF5 speakers with a 10-15W Tube or a smooth sounding class A such as sugden is a match made in heaven.

Bose (All)

Audition the Klipsch, KEF and KLH.

Which models of KLH? I had heard some KLHs speakers at Bestbuy. They could wipe the floor with most other speakers next to them at twice the price.

I haven't heard the current gen reference series but their previous gen RF3 and RF5 speakers with a 10-15W Tube or a smooth sounding class A such as sugden is a match made in heaven.

+1. With electronics that's not bright, Klipsch are a great option.

Well, I won't suggest you anything that I wont approve and use myself so if that's ok, read below:

Yamaha
-FORGET the NS series. Complete waste of money new. I'd take a 40 year old Philips hiQ or hi-fi international for 3k inr over any of the present generation of NS series. Long gone are the days of ns1000 1500 2000.

The Soavo series is decent but out of your budget and ridiculously overpriced.

Klipsch reference series

JBL
- They have some home entertainment speakers but I would not look there if I were looking for anything from JBL.
If i wanted something from JBL I'd save and get their studio series...which otherwise is out of your budget.
The control 1 series is popular but thats low budget.

Kef
- Q300 at approx 32
- IQ 3 or 5 on clearance if vendor has for 24 and 38
- XQ bookshelf speakers on clearance around 40

Jamo
- c403 <- Should be a very good match to your A-S500
- c603 <- Highly recommended by me, should be around 40k
- D430 old stock <- Very high recommended should be around 40k if you can find it as old stock
- e825 old stock - Older version of the c603
- e875 old stock floorstanders around 40k

Mission

Mordaunt Short

KLH

Thanks for brief answer, do you really think the Yamaha NS are bad :D Yes the Soavo series is good but overpriced, I am not sure why Yamaha doesn't considering about the price in competition.

Heard Klipsch and I agree with you.

I think, BS has better SQ than floor-standers (but not much loud). But need FS with better (warm, clean, all frequencies crystal clear).

Audition the Klipsch, KEF and KLH.

Which models of KLH? I had heard some KLHs speakers at Bestbuy. They could wipe the floor with most other speakers next to them at twice the price.

Not sure about the models. Do you have some good models in mind?

It's all depend on matching, even I have heard Klipsch La Scala with McIntosh 2105 Tube Amp and really the result was AWESOME, AMAZING. Found nothing like that.

Sonus is very good for the price..Try auditioning with your amplifier & then decide...

Had plan to buy Sonus 2605 V3 on this 26th Jan sale (21460/- + few charges) and after few discussions, just before making the payment they told me it will take around one month to deliver the speakers at destination. As they are out of stock because of some exhibitions. So putted it on hold.

Had plan to buy Sonus 2605 V3 on this 26th Jan sale (21460/- + few charges) and after few discussions, just before making the payment they told me it will take around one month to deliver the speakers at destination. As they are out of stock because of some exhibitions. So putted it on hold.

Very typical of Indian sellers. :eek:hyeah:

--G0bble

Sonodyne always has this problem. Very common Indian business type. And I always avoid Indian businesses and products, so I simply said them, TATA and went for Polk Audio.

Very typical of Indian sellers. :eek:hyeah:

--G0bble
YEs :)

Sonodyne always has this problem. Very common Indian business type. And I always avoid Indian businesses and products, so I simply said them, TATA and went for Polk Audio.

I am not sure if they are making some special manufacturing for SALE items (may be some changes for cost cutting. They need one month to deliver (within INDIA), in this period we can get from any corner of world :D

I got Sonodyne 2605v3 and I love them.
Its just that they need large room to come up nice because they are good on base and need space.
I am not sure if there's any under-30K speaker which can beat sonodyne in SQ.
If there is, let me know!!

I got Sonodyne 2605v3 and I love them.
Its just that they need large room to come up nice because they are good on base and need space.
I am not sure if there's any under-30K speaker which can beat sonodyne in SQ.
If there is, let me know!!

In Brands, I guess NO. But in DIY it is possible.

Hi,
i'm planning to buy 2605 V3 howz your experience? how much does it cost and any idea what is the difference between V2 and v3?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back