Need suggestion for 4channel amp

gilfredpaul

Dear Friends,

I have decided to upgrade my car music experience, now I need support in deciding 4 channel amp.

Existing setup : punto stock player(delphi) + front component focal auditor RSE165
Upgrade : 4 channel amp and sub.

and the budget for 4 channel amp is 11k, there are some brands suggested like blaupunkt EMA455, cervin vega HED600, Focal R 4280 and MTX T450.

Please help in deciding some good & reliable amp.

I'll say sony GS4. It's very good and an absolute steal at the 10k it sells for.
Well honestly I don't think so Sony has the sound quality of the competing amps. Atleast that's what I have heard.

Dear Friends,

I have decided to upgrade my car music experience, now I need support in deciding 4 channel amp.

Existing setup : punto stock player(delphi) + front component focal auditor RSE165

and the budget for 4 channel amp is 11k, there are some brands suggested like blaupunkt EMA455, cervin vega HED600, Focal R 4280 and MTX T450.

I am using blaupunkt gta 470 dsp and I'm satisfied with it. It's sells for about 7-8k normally.
You could also opt for pioneer. There is a 4ch some gm model no which might be a bit over your budget at around 13-14k but is absolute beast in terms of power and will be able to handle a sub easily if you think of adding one later.
From what I have read online blaupunkt amp is better than the focal auditor series amp.
Personally I have also heard sound digital amp among many others which was the cleanest sq for the money. Again would be a bit over your budget by a couple of thousand bucks. If I were you I'd invest in sound digital.
Haven't heard mtx amps personally but using mtx component speakers and they are definitely very good VFM.

Well honestly I don't think so Sony has the sound quality of the competing amps. Atleast that's what I have heard.

Have you actually heard it? I have it running along with a helix amp in my three way active setup. It's up there with the best of amps. Absolutely not comparable to the likes of 470 dsp. The only reason you would want to upgrade to more niche brands is if you need more power, or you have speakers with an inherit tonality problem that you need to fix with a amp with the opposite tonality problem.

Dear Friends,

I would highly recommend you swap your stock player for something with preouts. I own a abarth punto and I connected up the high-level speaker inputs to the rainbow dsp and the amount of eq needed to make it sound even half decent is crazy and the noise floor is pretty high. If nothing else u can use a Bluetooth receiver with aptx connected to the amp and use your phone or tablet as source. Do you own the evo or the earlier gen punto?

@daniel @lakshy very much thanks for your response
let me check with shop for sony gs4, yes also planning to change my HU but later stage, first need to complete my amp and sub.

@lakshay blaupunkt gta 470 dsp is a good option, the added advantage is DSP, but there are some mixed reviews for blaupunkt in terms of reliability, thats bothering me, also the price quoted for GTA is 11 grand.

Today had chance to look JBL club 704 , which is class D amp which is 75w rms @4ohms/channel which should be sufficient to drive sub and component.

let me check with shop for sony gs4, yes also planning to change my HU but later stage, first need to complete my amp and sub.

@lakshay blaupunkt gta 470 dsp is a good option, the added advantage is DSP, but there are some mixed reviews for blaupunkt in terms of reliability, thats bothering me, also the price quoted for GTA is 11 grand.

Today had chance to look JBL club 704 , which is class D amp which is 75w rms @4ohms/channel which should be sufficient to drive sub and component.

If you are looking for a lot of power class d amps are definitely the way to go in this budget. You can look at the pioneer champion series class d amps too. But if your looking for quality there isn't much in this price range other than the Sony hi res series .

Have you actually heard it? I have it running along with a helix amp in my three way active setup. It's up there with the best of amps. Absolutely not comparable to the likes of 470 dsp. The only reason you would want to upgrade to more niche brands is if you need more power, or you have speakers with an inherit tonality problem that you need to fix with a amp with the opposite tonality problem.
That is why I specifically said, that is what I heard. Not experienced. Have listened to a Sony mono and truthfully I did not find much difference in monos. If you are using it and have compared then it must be good.

Well I got mine online for about 6k. No problems so far. Also bought the remote separately which allows time alignment.
Obviously there are better amps. But this was the one that matched my needs in my budget.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back