Need Suggestion for Android Media Player

pblnrao

Dear Members,

My friend is planing to buy network media player at a budget of around 5000/-. Support for H.265 is required. We are planing to buy a WD MyCloud 3TB NAS in few days. So network Streaming is must for them to use with there upcoming Basic Home NAS.

Main Purpose.
1. HD Media Streaming from WD My Cloud
2. Screen Casting
3. Youtube
4. Occasionally Net browsing

Current location Hyderabad.

Kindly suggest a best MP in the specified budget.

Hi All,

We bought MXQ Pro at 4000/- for my friend ordered from amazon and is working fine.

Checked by streaming a movie of 5 GB from My Book Live over 100 Mbps network, and it played without any lag.

Will post more after the tests on higher file size.

Dear Members,

My friend is planing to buy network media player at a budget of around 5000/-. Support for H.265 is required. We are planing to buy a WD MyCloud 3TB NAS in few days. So network Streaming is must for them to use with there upcoming Basic Home NAS.

Main Purpose.
1. HD Media Streaming from WD My Cloud
2. Screen Casting
3. Youtube
4. Occasionally Net browsing

Current location Hyderabad.

Kindly suggest a best MP in the specified budget.

MXQ pro is not bad for the price and features it provides, how ever I have not read any online first hand reviews and no idea about community support. But for 2-3K price I think you can take the risk.

2016 Android 5.1 TV Box MXQPRO 4K Amlogic S905 Quad Core 1GB/8GB Kodi 16.0 Loaded Add ons WiFi 4K 1080i/P Miracast Smart TV Box-in Set-top Boxes from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

I had baught similar Android box from aliexpress couple of months back. It was of 46$, 2gb ram and 16gb internal memory, Bluetooth and wifi inbuilt. It took around 10 days to reach me. Its working very well for me. Sound and picture quality very good. Dlna and smb mounts work. Bad thing is very cheap quality of remote which has now stopped working. I am using wireless mouse in place of remote. Overall build quality is very cheap.

Hi All,

We bought MXQ Pro at 4000/- for my friend ordered from amazon and is working fine.

Checked by streaming a movie of 5 GB from My Book Live over 100 Mbps network, and it played without any lag.

Will post more after the tests on higher file size.

Hi,

Based on ur comment am planning to buy mxqpro just reconfirm how is the wifi working ? Do you have faced any issue in connectivity ? My reason to buy this is to connect it to my non-smart tv so that I can access my content from other sources such as himedia900b etc and play it on tv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have bought a Nvidia Shield TV. A bit expensive, but very happy with it. Responsiveness is lightning fast compared to my WD TV which I used for many years. And it plays the newest codecs (eg. H.265 HEVC). You can search for it on the Amazon US site.

My reason to buy this is to connect it to my non-smart tv so that I can access my content from other sources such as himedia900b etc and play it on tv

Purchasing a media player to access a media player ...:confused:

Purchasing a media player to access a media player ...:confused:

Haha but yes, help if some other way,
I have another TV which is LG 32" and not smart tv, now how do I get this tv on my wifi home network by which it can access and play my movie content it includes rips, bd, video songs I mean any.

Cheers

Haha but yes, help if some other way,
I have another TV which is LG 32" and not smart tv, now how do I get this tv on my wifi home network by which it can access and play my movie content it includes rips, bd, video songs I mean any.

Cheers

Rpi is the cheapest means, AFAIK to achieve that, basically, you want your both media players to have access to the files on the ext. hard drive, right. Well get Rpi and turn it into a basic file server with the ext hdd connected to it. This way both your media players in two room will be able to access the files on the drive.

Rpi is the cheapest means, AFAIK to achieve that, basically, you want your both media players to have access to the files on the ext. hard drive, right. Well get Rpi and turn it into a basic file server with the ext hdd connected to it. This way both your media players in two room will be able to access the files on the drive.

I already one media player himedia 900b and running on network, I just need to access content on another tv which I can't get on network as it doesn't support wifi and ethernet. My hdd resides in himedia so to access that from 2nd tv I need to have it on network, so for this rpi will be better ? How about its wifi performance ?

I already one media player himedia 900b and running on network, I just need to access content on another tv which I can't get on network as it doesn't support wifi and ethernet. My hdd resides in himedia so to access that from 2nd tv I need to have it on network, so for this rpi will be better ? How about its wifi performance ?

No this way it might be a bit tricky. himedia 900b is an Android media player right, how would you access android over wifi with an Rpi connected to the same network ...what OS are you planning to install in Rpi, you cannot install kodi on Rpi and expect it to find HDD connected to himedia 900b. Wont work that way. You would need some kind of SMB server app running on Android in order for Kodi on Rpi to find the drive.

Think it over before you take any decision ..

No this way it might be a bit tricky. himedia 900b is an Android media player right, how would you access android over wifi with an Rpi connected to the same network ...what OS are you planning to install in Rpi, you cannot install kodi on Rpi and expect it to find HDD connected to himedia 900b. Wont work that way. You would need some kind of SMB server app running on Android in order for Kodi on Rpi to find the drive.

Think it over before you take any decision ..

Yes that's why thought just to buy android based media played from aliexpess may be mini m8s Look what I found on AliExpress
http://s.aliexpress.com/I77jE3yy

Let me know if any views on this player or other suggestion I am OK to spend till 5k

Thanks

Yes that's why thought just to buy android based media played from aliexpess may be mini m8s Look what I found on AliExpress
Mini M8S TV Box Amlogic S905 Android 5.1 Quad core 2.4GHz WiFi Bluetooth 4.0 2GB 8GB Smart Media Player Set top Box EU Plug-in Set-top Boxes from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Let me know if any views on this player or other suggestion I am OK to spend till 5k
Thanks

The problem remains the same, now you will have two Android players on the network, and again you cannot make one android files see another on wifi unless there is some kind of file sharing protocol running between them.
Again have you given a thought how would you access your himedia900b hdd from mini m8s???

The problem remains the same, now you will have two Android players on the network, and again you cannot make one android files see another on wifi unless there is some kind of file sharing protocol running between them.

Again have you given a thought how would you access your himedia900b hdd from mini m8s???

Will this not be done by samba ? Himedia has samba enabled

If you can access Himedia HDD from a windows PC on the same network, then yes SMB is working and a simple ES explorer on the other android media player should give you the access .....

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back