Need Suggestion for Professional HT Designer in Delhi NCR

Just curious, why a 47 inch TV? Why not a full HD projector and a large screen... 120 inch maybe. You could have both a TV and a projector by using a "Flat Panel TV Lift" or by installing the Projector Screen in front of the TV. When my HT was "Work in Progress", several Members recommended that a Projector would make a huge difference and trust me... it did.

Well I don't know, anywhere I have gone to take a demo with a Projector its clarity has not impressed me, where as Plasmas and today's new generation LCDs gives tremendous contrast and clarity. This has deviated me from Projectors, plus other reason is the budget, I don't think we can get a high quality full HD projector and screen under 1L. I might be wrong on all presumptions but I have never seen a projector giving better quality than a plasma or the latest Gen LCDs.

Well I don't know, anywhere I have gone to take a demo with a Projector its clarity has not impressed me, where as Plasmas and today's new generation LCDs gives tremendous contrast and clarity. This has deviated me from Projectors, plus other reason is the budget, I don't think we can get a high quality full HD projector and screen under 1L. I might be wrong on all presumptions but I have never seen a projector giving better quality than a plasma or the latest Gen LCDs.

Your statement is true even with projectors costing 10 times the amount of a Plasma panel or a LCD, but for a dedicated theatre a Projector is recommended because of the size of image it projects which gives it a realistically close experience to a theatre. A good projector and screen would sometimes surpass the clarity of small panels if your source is good for eg: Blu Ray. I my case too if I project images from BD's its quite realistic with next to none image noise which is very common with budget level projectors.
Ultimately its U who has to use it and spent money on so decide accordingly.
On the Demo Part you are welcome to take a demo of my setup and then decide on what you want?

Your statement is true even with projectors costing 10 times the amount of a Plasma panel or a LCD, but for a dedicated theatre a Projector is recommended because of the size of image it projects which gives it a realistically close experience to a theatre. A good projector and screen would sometimes surpass the clarity of small panels if your source is good for eg: Blu Ray. I my case too if I project images from BD's its quite realistic with next to none image noise which is very common with budget level projectors.
Ultimately its U who has to use it and spent money on so decide accordingly.
On the Demo Part you are welcome to take a demo of my setup and then decide on what you want?

Well size does matter, but for me I would be having multiple input sources, like my STB, Airtel IPTV, Computer for gaming, Xbox 360, WD Media Player, DVD and finally Blueray player, and I think, projector would only perform good with a Blueray and maybe WD media player (plays all HD including mkv) that needs to be tested, which brings us to your invitation for a demo. I can bring my WD player and test how does it perform on your projector, plus I can anyhow see your set up as well. But I would still be left with other inputs specially STB and IPTV which I dont think would perform even average as compared to an LCD/Plazma.

Coming to your invitation, which sounds pretty lucrative, and I do feel interested. You free on weekends, if yes I can drop this sun if its ok with you, I can share my plans in more detail as well. PM me your address if Sun sounds good for you.

Ok Guys, I am not sure if anybody noticed, but I mentioned in couple of threads that I will soon be buying an apartment with a dedicated HT room. Well I have dropped the idea for an apartment and have instead opted to go for a plot and built my House with a dedicated basement as an HT. Now I have been reading threads from this forum like a plague and I see that most of the HT setup that has been done might sound good but does not "look" 'appeal" quality in the all aesthetic sense. What I need to know is...........are there people, professional designers, dealers who can provide an end-to-end solution for a decent HT design, when I say design it does not only mean aesthetically but acoustically as well with all sound proofing, proper equipment placement, perfect cable management, diffused lighting most of all it should be an end to end solution right from scratch to the completion. All I would give him would be a ready layout basement plan with dimensions and the equipment (will open another thread for the same.)

I have talked to couple of HT Solution providers, and I was kinda not "very" impressed. The one that did impress me was located in Tamil nadu :rolleyes:
His company name is Sound Wizard He was pretty courteous in talking and knew exactly what is been talked about, he said he can provide all solutions by there itself and would send his team to do all his work. I am sure is that would be right approch though his projects does look pretty cool.

The other one is located in Delhi itself. Its called ARN Systems though the lady I talked was not at all impressive but she made me sure that I would be getting the top notch solution.(As if others wont) anyway I could not see any projects snaps on their site but she said she would be mailing me the details. I would share the information with you as and when I recieve.

Anyway if all the guns here can suggest or have any idea about professionals I can hire for my setup. kinldy provide me the details, so that I can start building up with the basic plan layout I have. So guys let shoot with some suggestions......

I strongly think that the professionals can not do enough justice to your dream home theatre, the best bet would be we forum members who can take you through completely.

Vinay.

Ok Guys time for an update and thanks for all the inputs, specially ashish. To add the plot has been finalized now and I can give you the exact dimensions. The total area for the plot is 125 SQ Meter, with 15.3 meter length (or depth) and 8.2 Meter breadth. In feets this comes to about 27 f X 50 f with area being 1350 SQf.

Now coming to how much we can construct upon.... is just a matter of tipping the GDA with some bucks and you can use all the land what you want. Any way I wont be doing that, I have prepared a floor plan for my basement and following are the dimensions I have thought for the complete basement and the HT. Suggestions welcome. Will be sharing the floor plan as well probably in a new thread when actual planning is laid out professionally.

Total Area for Basement = 27 f X 35 f = 945 SQf
HT Area = 20 f X 14 f = 280 SQf
Study room = 13 f X 13 f = 169 SQf
Break Out area = 11 f X 13 f = 143 SQf
Toilet = 9 f X 6 f = 54 SQf

The study room and the HT wall would be common so if you think HT breadth is not sufficient, we can increast the width of HT by a foot so that it can be 20x15 and the room can be 12 x 13.

What I need from you people is what should be the optimum size for an HT with something like a 47" LCD and a QAcoustics 1010i 5.1 system. Reason for asking is that I can change my floor plan if the equipment is an overkill or an underkill for my HT dimensions. Also if you think that I should change the equipment and not the dimensions, suggestions are welcomed for that as well. My budget for my equipment is 2-2.1L.

@Ashish I have finalized my architect as well, practicing in Gurgaon, he is a known acquaintance through my very close friend. Talked to him about few details, specially about the cost. Now since I am planning to include a breakout cum bar area and a small bedroom as well, have increased the budget to 15L. he said the cost should not exceed 1000-1100 rs / sqf at the max for construction and finishing of the entire basement. Which come to 945x1100=1039500..... add misc and round it to 11L, which leaves me with 4 L for acoustic treatment. With 2L gone for equipment I will be left with 2L for the acoustics. Considering the finishing cost is included in that 11L figure, is 2L sufficient for Acoustics, designing, cabling etc which the HT professional would do....???

People suggestions how you think the allocation of the budget should be.

Need suggestions from all experts here before I sit with my architect to finalize the floor plan.

I will recomend the room length atleast 30 feet while it should be wide 18 feet. This room should be a dedicated mini theatre cum music area, with no bars or study room, toilets, etc, a pure theatre.

I think in no way there should be a tv in such a room, it should be projector and screen based.

Vinay.

Last edited:
Well size does matter, but for me I would be having multiple input sources, like my STB, Airtel IPTV, Computer for gaming, Xbox 360, WD Media Player, DVD and finally Blueray player, and I think, projector would only perform good with a Blueray and maybe WD media player (plays all HD including mkv) that needs to be tested, which brings us to your invitation for a demo. I can bring my WD player and test how does it perform on your projector, plus I can anyhow see your set up as well. But I would still be left with other inputs specially STB and IPTV which I dont think would perform even average as compared to an LCD/Plazma.

Coming to your invitation, which sounds pretty lucrative, and I do feel interested. You free on weekends, if yes I can drop this sun if its ok with you, I can share my plans in more detail as well. PM me your address if Sun sounds good for you.

There are other members who have told you the benefit of watching a movie between TV and projector, and still if you will go for a TV, then surely you are on a wrong track.

If you need to play games, iptv, etc, you can always have the TV and computer in some other room.

I think it is a waste to get into a blue ray player, moves are like a thermocal glass, once seen the movie, you are likely not to see it again. The best way to go forward is a media player like wdtv, etc.

Vinay.

Last edited:

Panasonic's newer model like PT AE 4000E has 100 Hz motion processing so watching all your analogue sources after upscaling should not have much of a difference between an image projected by a LCD/Plasma or a PJ. Projectors generally have the problems with the fast moving images from the likes of Sporting Events or Gaming for which sometimes a LCD would surpass it, but if we are looking at a dedicated theatre concept then a LCD/ Plasma could never match the experience of a PJ. In my case too I use all my gaming sources like PS3, Wii and Tata Sky with my PJ and I am not disappointed.

I strongly think that the professionals can not do enough justice to your dream home theatre, the best bet would be we forum members who can take you through completely.

Vinay.

well I dont know how much the forums members gonna help me. Lets lee let me get the quotations from couple of professionals and share. if there is like a "LOT" of difference then I might turn DIY way else if its like few extra bucks that can save me headace and time, I might as well go for one. What ever may be the case I will post the price tag what each professional have offered.

I will recomend the room length atleast 30 feet while it should be wide 18 feet. This room should be a dedicated mini theatre cum music area, with no bars or study room, toilets, etc, a pure theatre.

I think in no way there should be a tv in such a room, it should be projector and screen based.

What I have read is that the HT room dimensions should be not be a multiple of each other (correct me if I am wrong though). Anyway for a setup having a 100" 16:9 screen and a 3x3 step up seating what should be the ideal room dimensions to get the max out of it. And yes my HT would not have any bar, toilet or study room, all these things are in the other areas of the basement.

There are other members who have told you the benefit of watching a movie between TV and projector, and still if you will go for a TV, then surely you are on a wrong track.

If you need to play games, iptv, etc, you can always have the TV and computer in some other room.

I think it is a waste to get into a blue ray player, moves are like a thermocal glass, once seen the movie, you are likely not to see it again. The best way to go forward is a media player like wdtv, etc.

Ok understood and point taken, except the gaming which I would still prefer on a projector, coz its still HD with proper 5.1 ch sound, so it gonna rock when I play NFS Shift full HD with wireless 360 controllers ona fu*kin 100" screen (wow cant wait... :D).

Plus about movies like thermocole I differ with you here as well, why do you think I am building up a Full Blown HT, with so much money put in to, its the complete pure passion for movies (and gaming as well for that matter), I am a fanatic movie buff, seen Terminators like 15-20 times. Matrix trilogy I can'nt even count, Dialogues are on my tips, and all this I enjoy is on my meek 24" Samsung full HD monitor with an 5.1 Altec Lansing......So I know where I am putting my money. I agree WD Player is the way to go, but there is no comparison between any quality rip with a BR original quality...... specially on a 100" large scale screen.

Last edited:
well I dont know how much the forums members gonna help me. Lets lee let me get the quotations from couple of professionals and share. if there is like a "LOT" of difference then I might turn DIY way else if its like few extra bucks that can save me headace and time, I might as well go for one. What ever may be the case I will post the price tag what each professional have offered.
You may have your doubts, but do not understimate the power of a forum like HFV. Aren't you already receiving help from members here:)? Not sure if you have seen it, but I have built a Home Theater purely based on inputs of HFV members. Ofcourse, ideas/solutions will come from members but it is you who has to execute it. The success of it depends on how well you update your thread and keep the members interested (I am guilty of not being able to update my thread offlate). It is fun if you are into DIY and getting your hands dirty. Best you decide based on quotes, priorities, your schedule or inclination.

Ok understood and point taken, except the gaming which I would still prefer on a projector, coz its still HD with proper 5.1 ch sound, so it gonna rock when I play NFS Shift full HD with wireless 360 controllers ona fu*kin 100" screen (wow cant wait... :D).
Eggjactly, each person's view of a dedicated Home Theater differs. If you ask me, make it a full-fledged media room while you are at it. No point in seperate room\setup for gaming, watching TV. It is harmless to have a TV behind your screen. I have a 42 inch plasma for regular TV watching and a 120 inch 16:9 PJ screen for movies and gaming. You can decide what you want to watch on which display. For Eg: I would prefer that regional movie/cricket/tv serials should be watched on the Plasma. Formula1 and MotoGP should be watched on the PJ though:D. This is just my preference, you will have your own I am sure.

Plus about movies like thermocole I differ with you here as well, why do you think I am building up a Full Blown HT, with so much money put in to, its the complete pure passion for movies (and gaming as well for that matter), I am a fanatic movie buff, seen Terminators like 15-20 times. Matrix trilogy I can'nt even count, Dialogues are on my tips, and all this I enjoy is on my meek 24" Samsung full HD monitor with an 5.1 Altec Lansing......So I know where I am putting my money. I agree WD Player is the way to go, but there is no comparison between any quality rip with a BR original quality...... specially on a 100" large scale screen.
I agree, many movies have repeat value and nothing comes close to having your own CD\DVD\Blu-Ray collection. I have an Xtreamer and do watch downloaded ripped movies. Even if the quality is great, many a time, I feel guilty for not having paid for those movies.

Last edited:
, I feel guilty for not having paid for those movies.

Santhosh,,, You are not downloading for cheap or free.. Count on it...You are paying for downloading thru Broadband / Electricity/ Investment on laptop-desktop- fan/AC for Laptop everrunning & so many other stuffs... and so dont feel guilty..At last you are spending your valuable time also till it download by going and monitoring it...

Nothin is free here:licklips:,,, you are paying thru some other channel..:lol:

Sorry Sam .. to go away from the topic... Have u seen people anywhere except the forums invite for audition of their system to unknown 3rd party (all of us or 3rd party to each other till we met & interact)----,,, u have very well seen it here in the forum and the members visiting their places and gain some knowlege and take decission for their HT.. So you can have a good idea about visiting them and at last you are going to have fun with your HT... Here nobody is forcing you to do like this..this... sharing their experience and knowledge...Ultimate decission is yours... Atlast What you are doing please share with us on daily basis with photos,,, it will be helpful for others and fun for you too..:)

Last edited:
You may have your doubts, but do not understimate the power of a forum like HFV. Aren't you already receiving help from members here:)? Not sure if you have seen it, but I have built a Home Theater purely based on inputs of HFV members. Ofcourse, ideas/solutions will come from members but it is you who has to execute it. The success of it depends on how well you update your thread and keep the members interested (I am guilty of not being able to update my thread offlate). It is fun if you are into DIY and getting your hands dirty. Best you decide based on quotes, priorities, your schedule or inclination.

No friend I am not at all underestimating the power of members here, maybe I am new here but I am not new to the forums, I know what forums can do and that is the reason I am here, ......its just that the level of "detailed" assistance I need makes me skeptical. specially with loads of people already showing their queries on the same platform.

Eggjactly, each person's view of a dedicated Home Theater differs. If you ask me, make it a full-fledged media room while you are at it. No point in seperate room\setup for gaming, watching TV. It is harmless to have a TV behind your screen. I have a 42 inch plasma for regular TV watching and a 120 inch 16:9 PJ screen for movies and gaming. You can decide what you want to watch on which display. For Eg: I would prefer that regional movie/cricket/tv serials should be watched on the Plasma. Formula1 and MotoGP should be watched on the PJ though:D. This is just my preference, you will have your own I am sure.

That is exactly what I want, complete entertainment room, but than again not sacrificing the actual target which is HT. If turning into a complete entertainment room calls in for a sacrifice in any HT build quality, I will only keep it for Movies and gaming. However keeping a 42" LCD behind the screen seems to be an idea which even I was thinking, but then I had to figure out a way to move/glide my seating in a to-n-fro direction, coz the distance that I had to keep from the screen and the first row would be far more than what would be required for viewing TV on a 42" LCD. Let me see.... I will work on this.

Anyway for a setup having a 100-120" 16:9 screen and a 3x3 step up seating what should be the ideal room dimensions to get the max out of it
.................anybody who can ans this...???

Sorry Sam .. to go away from the topic... Have u seen people anywhere except the forums invite for audition of their system to unknown 3rd party (all of us or 3rd party to each other till we met & interact)----,,, u have very well seen it here in the forum and the members visiting their places and gain some knowlege and take decission for their HT.. So you can have a good idea about visiting them and at last you are going to have fun with your HT... Here nobody is forcing you to do like this..this... sharing their experience and knowledge...Ultimate decission is yours... Atlast What you are doing please share with us on daily basis with photos,,, it will be helpful for others and fun for you too..:)

No issues... :)....and yes inviting people for audition and sharing information is ofcourse a generous act, infact I took the first step when Ashish was kind enough to invite me to experience his set up, though right now its placed in his casual bedroom he will soon shift the setup to his basement which is under development. I visited both his flat and his basement. he has a Polk Audio 5.1 setup with a kick ass ONKYO amp. If details are needed I would leave that to him. He shared a "LOT" of information with me and I am really thankful to him for that. Looking forward for more assistance from him as well as the forums members here.....

Panasonic's newer model like PT AE 4000E has 100 Hz motion processing so watching all your analogue sources after upscaling should not have much of a difference between an image projected by a LCD/Plasma or a PJ. Projectors generally have the problems with the fast moving images from the likes of Sporting Events or Gaming for which sometimes a LCD would surpass it, but if we are looking at a dedicated theatre concept then a LCD/ Plasma could never match the experience of a PJ. In my case too I use all my gaming sources like PS3, Wii and Tata Sky with my PJ and I am not disappointed.

It is great that you have the knowledge to judge that the projector is not better then an LCD in reference to fast moving images. I and my friends can not see any such visible differences, moreover on this forum the guys who have projector, i wonder how many of them can see such visible differences, at the end of the day, still the big images which a projector can give, LCD images would be a virtual peanut, so for me moral of the story is that projector is the way to go forward for movies and games.

Indeed one can keep ps3, and what not, in the same room, i have seen a case where children study also in the room during exams. For me, i look for class, a mini theatre, should be a theatre and nothing less.

Please be assured that there will be many forum members who will help you, i have been around since 2 years, i and other forum members have helped several of them with whatever knowledge we have. The professional will have no class in front of we forum members, it is like a cricket team, there will be 11 members here to help you, the kind of ideas and planning, which we can generate for you, can he generate? The kind of money which he is going to charge you will be very high, i have seen myself such cases, he will never put enough efforts, i can see that you also have a sound knowledge about the theatre room, you yourself will be able to remove so many faults, etc, with his plan, do i need to say more? About the headache and the time, i do not think you should use the headache word for your proposed child, the theatre, if you want great results you will have to go through hammer, which is a very joy one.

About the room dimensions, i do not thing there is a hard and fast rule, so many times, certain things can not be achieved because there are practical problems, we will find a middle path, that is the best one can do. The kind of screen size and seating which you are looking for, the room size should be around the size which i have already written to you in the earlier post, please read that and let us know about the queries. It is great that you will not have any bar, study room, computers etc, in the room, i salute you for that, it is great that you understand the true sense of a private theatre, and let me congratulate you once again for choosing the basement as a theatre.

About movies like a thermocal glass, let me try to explain again, i had been buying original DVDs, i had an collection of over 250 movies, but then i realized that around 80/90% of the movies i would not see them again, many of them are sure worth watching once, but then why spend so much for the movies, when they are related to a thermocal glass. Indeed the people who buy original DVDs, and if they will see 30/40/50% of them, several times, then sure buying the original DVD would make sense. About the quality of a blue ray DVD, indeed it will be better, then playing via wdtv, etc, but then i say the difference is not going to be so much where you are going to be put off, i know for one thing clearly that the quality which i get via wdtv, is any day better then the original DVDs which i used to buy. Indeed the movies which we have watched via wdtv, if we have liked it a lot, we can always go for the original blue ray DVD.

Vinay.

What I have read is that the HT room dimensions should be not be a multiple of each other (correct me if I am wrong though). Anyway for a setup having a 100" 16:9 screen and a 3x3 step up seating what should be the ideal room dimensions to get the max out of it. And yes my HT would not have any bar, toilet or study room, all these things are in the other areas of the basement.

I am out of words when you say that the projector clarity has not impressed you, i and many of my contacts are totally happy with it, in-fact till today i have not come someone across who says that they are not happy with the projector. Indeed you will have to increase budget for projector and the screen. If you are planning to go for only a TV, then i recommend you to drop the idea of making a theatre in the basement, because it can never be a theatre, and spending on acoustics, etc, for the source to view being TV?

I think you should go for the projector and screen, which falls in your budget, or rather increase the budget to whatever you can, you will not be disappointed by dropping the TV. At a later time, you can always upgrade with a better budget.

Vinay.

About the detailed assistance which you require, you are already getting it, name one area, where we members have not replied to you? So please be assured we are all there for you. About loads of queries by others, how does it effect you? In-fact we all in the process are getting more to learn.

About having a TV in a private theatre, it is not a good idea by any standards, the best one can do is to put a set top box, but no physical TV.

Vinay.

No friend I am not at all underestimating the power of members here, maybe I am new here but I am not new to the forums, I know what forums can do and that is the reason I am here, ......its just that the level of "detailed" assistance I need makes me skeptical. specially with loads of people already showing their queries on the same platform.

That is exactly what I want, complete entertainment room, but than again not sacrificing the actual target which is HT. If turning into a complete entertainment room calls in for a sacrifice in any HT build quality, I will only keep it for Movies and gaming. However keeping a 42" LCD behind the screen seems to be an idea which even I was thinking, but then I had to figure out a way to move/glide my seating in a to-n-fro direction, coz the distance that I had to keep from the screen and the first row would be far more than what would be required for viewing TV on a 42" LCD. Let me see.... I will work on this.

.................anybody who can ans this...???

I am out of words when you say that the projector clarity has not impressed you, i and many of my contacts are totally happy with it, in-fact till today i have not come someone across who says that they are not happy with the projector. Indeed you will have to increase budget for projector and the screen. If you are planning to go for only a TV, then i recommend you to drop the idea of making a theatre in the basement, because it can never be a theatre, and spending on acoustics, etc, for the source to view being TV?
Vinay.

Hi Sam,

I agree with Vinay, Please count on Vinay, he has spend more than any of the member has spent for HT and he has faced numerous hurdles on his HT, because of unefficient advertised as "Professionals"...

There is no harm in appointing for acoustic experts, but not handover complete job to inefficient professional, but your indicated Sound Wizard. Home Studio Consultancy, Audio Design Professionals, Home Theatre Consultants for audio and video, Acoustical System Design, Architectural Acoustics, Audio Professionals India, Studio Design India, are really good, i dont think they will cheaper...

Why do spend so much money... count on another members,,, COOL..COOL Sumit / Indian Ears,,/ Recently our Hot HT Guy Santhosh for acoustic things & Projector selection / Ram is there for TV / Venkat is there for all aspects of protection and many more to name,, sorry guys...they will be helpful to you for your DIY efforts...

One thing, Putting a TV( sorry vinay for this) in an HT is an addition to your comfort and viewing experience for gaming & DTH alone in PRIVACY and also not to tell it is safety for your high end plasma/lcd if you have kids.. Please go for some plasma lift/ Lcd tv lift so that it will hide into something... So it will not spoil your HT look. We cannot use our projector for gaming considering the hours of use are minimal.roughly for 4000hrs generaly for all projectors... Using the gaming system in the HT theatre is an kind of experience as like we are in the field( sorry vinay for the long quote.. You will also become like Sumit now..)

On my experience for an 110" screen 15X10 room is sufficient and first seat shall be put at 10ft and second row shall be at back end. You will have pleaseant viewing provided you play good HD discs/ DVD-9 and moreover a Good Projector which avoid pixelation( smooth viewing tech as like in Panosonic ).. But if you are using a Matte white screen at 10ft, you will have a very bright picture in any normal projector.. So go for grey based screen so first seaters will have comfort pics.( Please take a demo for this it is my view).

Rest is in your hands...

With proper planning, it is definitely possible to have a complete entertainment room without deviating from your most important target which is HT.

I can share my views and why I have a TV in my HT, but you are the best judge about what you want. In my case, the Home Theater is not going to be used for watching movies except on weekends or at the most another movie during the week. So, having sound-proofed and acoustically treated the room, I might as well use it as a listening room, gaming room and also to watch TV and nothing more. These can be easily achieved if planned well. Routing of your cables to the two displays is key as they are in two different ends of the room. You may have to use HDMI splitters, AV switches etc if you want to connect share your sources(DVD Player, Blu Ray Player, Gaming Console) to TV and Plasma.

About watching TV in the Entertainment Room, nothing wrong in that. Haven't you pumped up volume when your favourite song plays on your TV or while watching your favourite sport and you hear "Reduce the volume" whcih immediately brings down your adrenalin. Such programs can be watched and enjoyed in the entertainment room without disturbing others.

Anyway for a setup having a 100-120" 16:9 screen and a 3x3 step up seating what should be the ideal room dimensions to get the max out of it. .................anybody who can ans this...???
I have some online resources that will help you plan your seating and also choosing an ideal screen size and viewing distance. I shall post them tomorrow.

I thank you very much for praising me.

Indeed for acoustics, once can take a consultant, backed by a second opinion, with consultation to forum members. The professionals to design the theatre and related will cost a bomb, with so many riders and related, your creativity and related will drop to the core.

Among the problems of TV in a private theatre, eventually one will start seeing all the routine programmes there, followed by snacks and what not, the dedicated concept of a theatre will go to the gallows. About the lift for TV, cost is going to be quite high.

About using the projector for gaming, once a while is fine, if one watches two movies in a week, can play game once for 3 hours, as it is the movie also is for over 2 hours. I have 2 projectors installed in my theatre, the other one has a bulb life of 30,000 hours, which i use about 10/14 hours a day to watch live data of commodities, so if one is into heavy gaming, one can install this good bulb life projector.

The room size which you are suggesting, please be assured it will not work for the screen and seating you have mentioned.

Thanks.

Vinay.

Hi Sam,

I agree with Vinay, Please count on Vinay, he has spend more than any of the member has spent for HT and he has faced numerous hurdles on his HT, because of unefficient advertised as "Professionals"...

There is no harm in appointing for acoustic experts, but not handover complete job to inefficient professional, but your indicated Sound Wizard. Home Studio Consultancy, Audio Design Professionals, Home Theatre Consultants for audio and video, Acoustical System Design, Architectural Acoustics, Audio Professionals India, Studio Design India, are really good, i dont think they will cheaper...

Why do spend so much money... count on another members,,, COOL..COOL Sumit / Indian Ears,,/ Recently our Hot HT Guy Santhosh for acoustic things & Projector selection / Ram is there for TV / Venkat is there for all aspects of protection and many more to name,, sorry guys...they will be helpful to you for your DIY efforts...

One thing, Putting a TV( sorry vinay for this) in an HT is an addition to your comfort and viewing experience for gaming & DTH alone in PRIVACY and also not to tell it is safety for your high end plasma/lcd if you have kids.. Please go for some plasma lift/ Lcd tv lift so that it will hide into something... So it will not spoil your HT look. We cannot use our projector for gaming considering the hours of use are minimal.roughly for 4000hrs generaly for all projectors... Using the gaming system in the HT theatre is an kind of experience as like we are in the field( sorry vinay for the long quote.. You will also become like Sumit now..)

On my experience for an 110" screen 15X10 room is sufficient and first seat shall be put at 10ft and second row shall be at back end. You will have pleaseant viewing provided you play good HD discs/ DVD-9 and moreover a Good Projector which avoid pixelation( smooth viewing tech as like in Panosonic ).. But if you are using a Matte white screen at 10ft, you will have a very bright picture in any normal projector.. So go for grey based screen so first seaters will have comfort pics.( Please take a demo for this it is my view).

Rest is in your hands...

The charm level is dynamic when you use your private theatre only for music, movies, or other things which are projector based, and maybe gaming too. I watch movies more frequently, the thrill to open the room mainly for movies is just great. In my theatre there will not be a single routine item of the house like comb, slippers, mobile, etc.

Indeed one can use the room for TV, for that matter it can be used for anything under the sun, the point is if one wants a full theatre feel, it has to be dedicated, that is how it is being used by people who understand what is a mini theatre.

Vinay.

With proper planning, it is definitely possible to have a complete entertainment room without deviating from your most important target which is HT.

I can share my views and why I have a TV in my HT, but you are the best judge about what you want. In my case, the Home Theater is not going to be used for watching movies except on weekends or at the most another movie during the week. So, having sound-proofed and acoustically treated the room, I might as well use it as a listening room, gaming room and also to watch TV and nothing more. These can be easily achieved if planned well. Routing of your cables to the two displays is key as they are in two different ends of the room. You may have to use HDMI splitters, AV switches etc if you want to connect share your sources(DVD Player, Blu Ray Player, Gaming Console) to TV and Plasma.

About watching TV in the Entertainment Room, nothing wrong in that. Haven't you pumped up volume when your favourite song plays on your TV or while watching your favourite sport and you hear "Reduce the volume" whcih immediately brings down your adrenalin. Such programs can be watched and enjoyed in the entertainment room without disturbing others.

I have some online resources that will help you plan your seating and also choosing an ideal screen size and viewing distance. I shall post them tomorrow.

Back