Need Suggestion for Professional HT Designer in Delhi NCR

Yes,, agree and it is one of thousands who has installed like this.. What is your point on this...
Vinay debate is HT should not have TV and it will spoil the purpose of word "Theatre"..Then it can be called as "Entertainment room" or someother "VDR"-Video cum music room".

There is no point here, just an opinion, that you can have an entertainment room with everything you want and STILL very much keep the complete theater feel ambiance and purpose. Just because the actual cinema does not have these things does not mean putting in the HT would "spoil" the purpose. As I said a perfectly blended ambiance would never spoil the very purpose of your objective. But the key word here is Perfect Blending.

There is no point here, just an opinion, that you can have an entertainment room with everything you want and STILL very much keep the complete theater feel ambiance and purpose. Just because the actual cinema does not have these things does not mean putting in the HT would "spoil" the purpose. As I said a perfectly blended ambiance would never spoil the very purpose of your objective. But the key word here is Perfect Blending.
Well said Sam. This is exactly the point that I have been trying to drive home:sad:.

Like Shakesphere wrote "Whats in a name?"

Tell me, does it matter what you call it? Media Room, Entertainment Room, Listening Room, Home Theater, Mini Theater, Cinema Den etc are all different themes\concepts around audio\video capabilities. As long as it serves your purpose, that is what matters. You can make it aesthetically with some careful thought and planning. Needless to say one will not use something as special as this for routine activities.

Also like Srini said, there are several such sites showcasing Entertainment Rooms. I would suggest you do a search on images.google.co.in rather than google itself. The HT that you have posted is very nicely done up. One thing I did not like in that link you posted is that the TV is not in the center of the front wall. I like symmetry and thats not only my taste, acoustics work best when there is symmetry.

Last edited:
Well with both of you, there is a different concept of a pure home theatre then what i strongly believe in.

Vinay.

^^ Vinay totally respecting your openion, let me try with my efforts as well and see what output I can bring in (ofcourse with all the valuble guidance and experience from you all). But rest assured that I will not let go the "real" theater feel. Infact people would not even come to know that the theater room they are sitting in is equiped with so many different gizmos

Friends my first 3D first draft is almost complete, couple of days more and I should be able to share the layout with you all.

Last edited:
as vinay has suggested ,a projector and isolation of the HT/audio room is a must

but i definetly dont agree with vinay regarding blue ray player, i too was under the impression that movies dont have repeat value , but let me tell you with blu ray u wud definetly rewatch(may be not the whole movie but certain scenes) multiple times with great pleasure , its like repeated listening to an audio track on a particular audio cd

The quality of bluray player will outbeat media players , spending huge on set up and compromising on quality ---point to consider

Thought Sam has dropped his HT....And No output so far..!!!! Subhash made the thread live:)

Subhash U r right, we are not seeing all the movies regularly and but some movies if watched in Bluray will make us to see once again or atleast watch specific scenes repeatedly :).. For specific T-2 the chasing scenes and beginning cloth/bike grabbing scenes by Arnold watched atleast 20 to 30 times and I become an expert and can tell what are the mistakes done by director on that scenes... Next is Matrix-2 how can we forget the freeway car chase..amazing.. may be i have watched typicaly 20 to 30 times...Lis tgoes...

I dont own the Media player-so no comments on streaming from it:lol:

definetly srini , with blurays i have gone crazy rewatching particular scenes countless times , although i wud buy original reg 1 dvds this never seemed to happen ,as vinay rightly said ,no repeat value at all , but with blurays, with its awesome sound and picture its a total different story

happy to know that u too watch some scenes repeatedly , i thot i was going nuts:lol:

lets start a new thread on this :yahoo:

Thought Sam has dropped his HT....And No output so far..!!!! Subhash made the thread live:)

Subhash U r right, we are not seeing all the movies regularly and but some movies if watched in Bluray will make us to see once again or atleast watch specific scenes repeatedly :).. For specific T-2 the chasing scenes and beginning cloth/bike grabbing scenes by Arnold watched atleast 20 to 30 times and I become an expert and can tell what are the mistakes done by director on that scenes... Next is Matrix-2 how can we forget the freeway car chase..amazing.. may be i have watched typicaly 20 to 30 times...Lis tgoes...

I dont own the Media player-so no comments on streaming from it:lol:

Sri what the heck you r talking about dropped the HT...:lol:, planning has been going on this like a rocket project :D, thread purpose was to get an idea of professionals in Delhi who can guide me and more or less that was solved, (whats the point of dragging the thread just for the heck of it) since then I have been (as I said) planning, accumulating data, rescheduling budget, taking auditions etc. Dont forget I also am building up my entire house (with all automation stuff and security etc) and so also busy in selecting stuff for it. If people want I can share that information as well.

Recently I have been reading every post of THIS thread very carefully, very informative and much similar to the information I am looking for. checkout my post at the end and you will know, HT is still very much alive :).........cheeezzz man I think I should drop a post here and there to show I exist...:p

coming to the post, its very much obvious about BlueRay I have seen what BR A/V can offer and there is no way you can compare it with DVD. BR is very much in my budget. I am trying to get a Multiregion BR from US, lets see if that works out.

Last edited:
:lol:Sam,

Your inputs are needed man, your house experience is also added and guide the people what you are doing...

More and more u dig,, More and more u get confused:lol:

Quest of knowledge is unlimited and for everybody it is like a Ocean... For me diggin into single product and loosing multiple knowledge and brainpower at a timeframe is like digging my own grave/hole/pit..

Frankly i cannot withstand this timeframe like periyar quest for a single product...He is having patience and moreover everybody is having patience to reply and educate him which shows how people have digged their seat to sit comfortably...:lol:.

Wonder how we are struggling and spending so much of life span for 10x15.xxxx...

:lol:Sam,

Your inputs are needed man, your house experience is also added and guide the people what you are doing...

More and more u dig,, More and more u get confused:lol:

Quest of knowledge is unlimited and for everybody it is like a Ocean... For me diggin into single product and loosing multiple knowledge and brainpower at a timeframe is like digging my own grave/hole/pit..

Frankly i cannot withstand this timeframe like periyar quest for a single product...He is having patience and moreover everybody is having patience to reply and educate him which shows how people have digged their seat to sit comfortably...:lol:.

Wonder how we are struggling and spending so much of life span for 10x15.xxxx...

Well I though this is an A/V fourms why to bore with what I am planning for the house construction. Though let me be honest, I was etching to create a thread for my plans for my house and see the response but then I decided otherwise.

I called up ARN Delhi today, to see if I can have a demo for those ever popular USHERs on sat that periyar and all other have been praising so much. It seems that ARN is new to Delhi and do not have a showroom/Demo room plus the lady/girl I talked (probably she is their PRO) is, I dont know how shall I put........ sarcasticly formal (I got the same feeling whan I called her the previous time, at the starting of this thread and incidently I forgot I have called the same vendor). She said she will call back again to let me know if demo would be available, but hasnt called yet. May be too busy a vender. I think I should call their Headquarter and request my presence.

Through I agree with you on the point that more you dig the more you get confused, and I can easily feel that happening in periyar's thread, but I also support him on the fact that when you are spending a heafty amount specially hard earned cash, you do tend to get over cautious sometimes and with so many people out there showering their expertiese, you are tempted to.......or more so spoilt to go for that second, third, fourth openion. :D. I guess nothing wrong with it,........ except as you put..... getting confused and eventually ending up to the same option you actually began with..:D:D

Last edited:
This is an AV Forum as I agree. I have not requested you to put all the construction activity you are doing.

Stage by stage...
Foundation done showing one photo...hey below there my HT is going to come...:licklips:Next stage Ist floor completed ... Hey this is my way to HT:licklips: If there is any idea doing to avoid more expense on acoustics!!! All information helps...

What you are doing precaution while you are building / Where you are giving entrance / How u r planning to give more space for HT:licklips: This will help all who are building like you... How u r avoiding to stop/drain the water if there is flood :sad: Safety precautions:licklips:

It is not boring man...The same thrill will be there .. We enjoy.. Dont hesitate to put that:)..

This is an AV Forum as I agree. I have not requested you to put all the construction activity you are doing.

Stage by stage...
Foundation done showing one photo...hey below there my HT is going to come...:licklips:Next stage Ist floor completed ... Hey this is my way to HT:licklips: If there is any idea doing to avoid more expense on acoustics!!! All information helps...

What you are doing precaution while you are building / Where you are giving entrance / How u r planning to give more space for HT:licklips: This will help all who are building like you... How u r avoiding to stop/drain the water if there is flood :sad: Safety precautions:licklips:

It is not boring man...The same thrill will be there .. We enjoy.. Dont hesitate to put that:)..

mmm I guess you are talking about the part where HT construction comes in, that is far for now I guess, but yes I can start a thread and maybe post a pic or two as to how the things are going. The main heat on the thread would come I guess when HT construction part comes in (provided people keep posting and the thread does not die:) ), something like what santhol2 did I guess.

Hello Subhash,

It is great that you understand the benefit of a dedicated entertainment room, you have proved your point by having one, and i can see with your so many writings that how well you use your room.

I have so many movies and foreign TV shows to watch, and then to catch up with so many things during the day, for me to note down the scenes which were very good, and watch only them on repeat times is not viable to me, the best i do is if i have liked some scene, i rewind there and then. With audio CD, we can listen several times, which is viable for me because that way i can do my other works if the need be, but we can not do this with movies.

Indeed a blue ray player will beat the media player, but still i will never go for a blue ray because i see so many movies and to keep buying blue ray disc is not viable for me especially when for me it is like a thermocal glass during most times, as i would not like to see the movie again though for a one time watching is fine.

Furthermore i like to have my movies in digital format stored on my external hard disk and then not to forget i get an opportunity to keep deleting the movies which i will not see again, i delete more then 50% of the movies, with blue rays if i have to throw more then 50% of those hard copies with the cost involved that would hurt me to the core. With the number of movies i see and if blue ray is going to be my source then i will have to cut down watching the movies because i can not afford to spend so much on the thermocal glasses, i rather spend those monies on things related to my mini theatre.

The quality of movies which i am getting from the downloaded movies i am very happy with it but indeed they will not be to the mark via blue ray, but they are any day better then the original DVDs which we get in the stores, but this is a very small price i have to pay keeping in mind my above writing.

I have spent good amount of money on the enviorment and set up with true quality because these are the things i will not throw away, i have taken great care to make my mini theatre so that i have the best of comfort and joy.

To conclude i must say that you and others help so many forum members with your suggestions while there will be many of them around who just want to get information and not be much grateful etc, while they will have near to zero contribution in helping others, once their job is done they will just vanish.

V.

as vinay has suggested ,a projector and isolation of the HT/audio room is a must

but i definetly dont agree with vinay regarding blue ray player, i too was under the impression that movies dont have repeat value , but let me tell you with blu ray u wud definetly rewatch(may be not the whole movie but certain scenes) multiple times with great pleasure , its like repeated listening to an audio track on a particular audio cd

The quality of bluray player will outbeat media players , spending huge on set up and compromising on quality ---point to consider

Last edited:
Hello Subhash,

It is great that you understand the benefit of a dedicated entertainment room, you have proved your point by having one, and i can see with your so many writings that how well you use your room.

I have so many movies and foreign TV shows to watch, and then to catch up with so many things during the day, for me to note down the scenes which were very good, and watch only them on repeat times is not viable to me, the best i do is if i have liked some scene, i rewind there and then. With audio CD, we can listen several times, which is viable for me because that way i can do my other works if the need be, but we can not do this with movies.

Indeed a blue ray player will beat the media player, but still i will never go for a blue ray because i see so many movies and to keep buying blue ray disc is not viable for me especially when for me it is like a thermocal glass during most times, as i would not like to see the movie again though for a one time watching is fine.

Furthermore i like to have my movies in digital format stored on my external hard disk and then not to forget i get an opportunity to keep deleting the movies which i will not see again, i delete more then 50% of the movies, with blue rays if i have to throw more then 50% of those hard copies with the cost involved that would hurt me to the core. With the number of movies i see and if blue ray is going to be my source then i will have to cut down watching the movies because i can not afford to spend so much on the thermocal glasses, i rather spend those monies on things related to my mini theatre.

The quality of movies which i am getting from the downloaded movies i am very happy with it but indeed they will not be to the mark via blue ray, but they are any day better then the original DVDs which we get in the stores, but this is a very small price i have to pay keeping in mind my above writing.

I have spent good amount of money on the enviorment and set up with true quality because these are the things i will not throw away, i have taken great care to make my mini theatre so that i have the best of comfort and joy.

To conclude i must say that you and others help so many forum members with your suggestions while there will be many of them around who just want to get information and not be much grateful etc, while they will have near to zero contribution in helping others, once their job is done they will just vanish.

V.

but still vinay i wud advice u to pick up one BD player , as the difference in quality is quite a bit
wudnt advice buying all bluraydiscs , but definetly some which u really like depending on your genere

what i do is i rent them(BRs) out and if i like it will go and buy , if not for the entire movie but for some scenes , i do understand buying all blurays is crazy , will eat up most of the cash (sickening) , its a good thing to download and watch, later buy the disc if u really like it

the issue with me is i need the best of quality , if i was not exposed to the BDP may be i wud have been happier with a streamer

vinay , i definetly like total isolation of the HT , the benefits are great
like you i too dont have a lcd/plasma in my ht, had it for a short time but dint make any vsual impact ,so moved it out . and also for all other stuff like gaming etc i use a plasma in a different room , more over i dont even have a cable connection in the HT for all this the plasma in another room is more than sufficient

Guys let me chip in with my 2 paisa. I currently have over 500 dvd's that i have been buying since DVD's were first available - I dunno 97-98 or so. I used to buy 1 or 2 a month at that time bcoz they were expensive. Now I plan to switch over to Blur ray but will buy only the movies I liked out of the 500 and all new movies i will buy blue ray only. the quality is amazing and deffo worth it.
Cheers
Sid

V.

vinay, I must say and no pun intended here, rest assured, you have a great knack and interest for a Home theater but absolute Zero passion for Hollywood movies (infact movies for that matter I'd say), if you are not re-watching movies, deleting 50% of your collection and top of that not even using the HT for any other purpose, I wonder how much time you spend in that room, given the fact you have spend so much and created a thing that is not even solving your very own purpose.............Just my thought though........as I said no disrespect....

Guys let me chip in with my 2 paisa. I currently have over 500 dvd's that i have been buying since DVD's were first available - I dunno 97-98 or so. I used to buy 1 or 2 a month at that time bcoz they were expensive. Now I plan to switch over to Blur ray but will buy only the movies I liked out of the 500 and all new movies i will buy blue ray only. the quality is amazing and deffo worth it.
Cheers
Sid

Wow good collection, though I only have like 30,40 DVDs but have a collection of more that 600 Movies in my storage, I usually do not delete a movie unless its a total crap and I DO re watch specially the classics. The reason I have not collected originals is because of a dedicated gear for all my Hollywood needs, and seriously I am etching to buy all the blue rays of my favs once my dedicated full fledged HT is built.

Wow good collection, though I only have like 30,40 DVDs but have a collection of more that 600 Movies in my storage, I usually do not delete a movie unless its a total crap and I DO re watch specially the classics. The reason I have not collected originals is because of a dedicated gear for all my Hollywood needs, and seriously I am etching to buy all the blue rays of my favs once my dedicated full fledged HT is built.
Good plan Sam - of the 500+ movies i probably like 100-150, the rest I bought because they are so cheap now. So I will plan to buy the 150 blue rays and as new movies get released I will buy the good ones in blue ray, the rest i hope to rent (though here in hyd. I have yet to find a place that rents)
BTW prices of blue rays in the US are falling as well - I saw some in Wal Mart for under $10 and amazon.com has some for under $10 as well.
Cheers
Sid

Good plan Sam - of the 500+ movies i probably like 100-150, the rest I bought because they are so cheap now. So I will plan to buy the 150 blue rays and as new movies get released I will buy the good ones in blue ray, the rest i hope to rent (though here in hyd. I have yet to find a place that rents)
BTW prices of blue rays in the US are falling as well - I saw some in Wal Mart for under $10 and amazon.com has some for under $10 as well.
Cheers
Sid

kindly chk out the Audio options before buying from net , some/most low cost blurays lack HD audio or are remastered

vinay, I must say and no pun intended here, rest assured, you have a great knack and interest for a Home theater but absolute Zero passion for Hollywood movies (infact movies for that matter I'd say), if you are not re-watching movies, deleting 50% of your collection and top of that not even using the HT for any other purpose, I wonder how much time you spend in that room, given the fact you have spend so much and created a thing that is not even solving your very own purpose.............Just my thought though........as I said no disrespect....

just wondering what are the other purpose you want to use your HT/AV room for????:)

mine is exclusively used for movie watching and listening to music only/ other activites strictly prohibhited, thats why the name Dedicated:)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back