Need Suggestion for Professional HT Designer in Delhi NCR

just wondering what are the other purpose you want to use your HT/AV room for????:)

mine is exclusively used for movie watching and listening to music only/ other activites strictly prohibhited, thats why the name Dedicated:)

Where ever your mind takes you to..;), ...on a serious note.....we were having some debate on the same thread that HT should only and only be used for watching movies and movies is what vinay has limited time/interest for. My comment relates to that. My HT would include all Audio/video entertainment you can think off.

Thanks for the writing.

It is indeed a good thought that i go for the blue ray player, but for reasons i mentioned will not go for it and then i would not like to run additional wires and related for the player and moreover if i have seen a downloaded movie, if i like it a lot and then i go and buy the blue ray, then i feel it is not worth it.

I do not rent movies for a few reasons. I surely understand that i could be against the wave, but what to do my requirement is such, but i thank you very much for your efforts to get me into the blue ray world.

It is very true what you write on isolation of the home theatre, the more loyal you are to the concept of a private theatre, the benefits grow larger, see in my case i have never been to a cinema hall since more then 3 years, otherwise i used to go thrice a month. It was great that you removed TV from the room, imagine when we and the family members end up watching serials, news channels, in such a big spent room.

I am a strong believer that such room should be used only for movies and to listen music, or anything else which is projector based.

V.

but still vinay i wud advice u to pick up one BD player , as the difference in quality is quite a bit
wudnt advice buying all bluraydiscs , but definetly some which u really like depending on your genere

what i do is i rent them(BRs) out and if i like it will go and buy , if not for the entire movie but for some scenes , i do understand buying all blurays is crazy , will eat up most of the cash (sickening) , its a good thing to download and watch, later buy the disc if u really like it

the issue with me is i need the best of quality , if i was not exposed to the BDP may be i wud have been happier with a streamer

vinay , i definetly like total isolation of the HT , the benefits are great
like you i too dont have a lcd/plasma in my ht, had it for a short time but dint make any vsual impact ,so moved it out . and also for all other stuff like gaming etc i use a plasma in a different room , more over i dont even have a cable connection in the HT for all this the plasma in another room is more than sufficient

I assure you that your assumptions are wrong nothing short of fiction. :clapping:

V.

vinay, I must say and no pun intended here, rest assured, you have a great knack and interest for a Home theater but absolute Zero passion for Hollywood movies (infact movies for that matter I'd say), if you are not re-watching movies, deleting 50% of your collection and top of that not even using the HT for any other purpose, I wonder how much time you spend in that room, given the fact you have spend so much and created a thing that is not even solving your very own purpose.............Just my thought though........as I said no disrespect....

The assumptions continue with strong under tone of fiction ....:yahoo:

V.

Where ever your mind takes you to..;), ...on a serious note.....we were having some debate on the same thread that HT should only and only be used for watching movies and movies is what vinay has limited time/interest for.

Where ever your mind takes you to..;), ...on a serious note.....we were having some debate on the same thread that HT should only and only be used for watching movies and movies is what vinay has limited time/interest for. My comment relates to that. My HT would include all Audio/video entertainment you can think off.

If you have too many things in the HT/AV room it cud end up in clashes:)
i have experienced this ,
this is one of the reasons i have isolated it and made it purely for movies/music so that it does not interfere /disturb others in the family, other A/V related stuff cud go on in the other plasma display , so all are happy:)

Last edited:
Thanks for the writing.

It is indeed a good thought that i go for the blue ray player, but for reasons i mentioned will not go for it and then i would not like to run additional wires and related for the player and moreover if i have seen a downloaded movie, if i like it a lot and then i go and buy the blue ray, then i feel it is not worth it.

I do not rent movies for a few reasons. I surely understand that i could be against the wave, but what to do my requirement is such, but i thank you very much for your efforts to get me into the blue ray world.

It is very true what you write on isolation of the home theatre, the more loyal you are to the concept of a private theatre, the benefits grow larger, see in my case i have never been to a cinema hall since more then 3 years, otherwise i used to go thrice a month. It was great that you removed TV from the room, imagine when we and the family members end up watching serials, news channels, in such a big spent room.

I am a strong believer that such room should be used only for movies and to listen music, or anything else which is projector based.

V.

vinay , i now wish i shud have followed your advice and had alloted more budget on the room
also now i will be planning to extend my room by shifting the toilet at the rear , by this i wud get an additional 6 ft length , taking it to 22ft x 16 ft, the thot of having a bigger screen then the present 120" is thrilling also cud get recliners then

Interesting thread..I built my house with a basement for HT and audio-the architect was not in favour of it, but I had to insist on it. I havent set up my projector and 2 channel audio systems in it as yet,plan to meet Santhosh sometime soon and check hi HT room out.( Santhosh: Sunil J, who is now in Australia is a good friend and he wanted to take me across to your place, but we both didn't have time)

For me, DIY is the way to go.

George

Interesting thread..I built my house with a basement for HT and audio-the architect was not in favour of it, but I had to insist on it. I havent set up my projector and 2 channel audio systems in it as yet,plan to meet Santhosh sometime soon and check hi HT room out.( Santhosh: Sunil J, who is now in Australia is a good friend and he wanted to take me across to your place, but we both didn't have time)

George

architects , they are good to give u a perfect 2/3 bedroom with attached toilets +livingroom/dinning thats abt it , v guys are planing to break away the toilets/walls that they planned ,to accomodate our stuff, which they will never understand:):)

let me chime in with my effort - probably the right thread - recently I added a 1500 sq.ft third floor to my exisiting home in hyderabad. the plan was to have a dedicated 26' x 18' x 10' home theater room with 3 tiers of seating, 120" screen etc. Unfortunatley at this time I was also traveling a lot to US and in-fact had to stay there for 2 mos. Guess what - the f#@%*ng architect did not understand the plan for my large area and managed to screw it up such that the main entrance into the third floor would be through the HT room:mad: and by the time I got back construction was in such a stage that it would cost too much - both time and money to change:sad:. So I ended up converting a 14' x 12' x 10' spare bedrrom into a smaller HT. Well lesson learnt is that if you are not present during the actual planning and construction - then they will mess it up - you snooze you loose.

If you have too many things in the HT/AV room it cud end up in clashes:)
i have experienced this ,
this is one of the reasons i have isolated it and made it purely for movies/music, this also prevents me from interfering /disturbing others in the family, other A/V related stuff cud go on in the other plasma display , so all are happy:)

It would not, that is the way you design it and since I am building the house from scratch I have the advantage to make the placement of the room as well so as it does not disturb others in the family

It would not, that is the way you design it and since I am building the house from scratch I have the advantage to make the placement of the room as well so as it does not disturb others in the family

oops i got my post wrong :lol:, what i wanted to say is my HT/AV room is located such that it does not disturb anyone at any point of time , day/night, irrespective of the levels i take it too, of course some vibrations cant be avoided

The assumptions continue with strong under tone of fiction ....:yahoo:

V.

Cheezz I missed this post...

The assumption is based on the fact you have written yourself, and I presume what you have written is not just a work of fiction.......or is it???

It is your thread and you missed the post? Moreover you get an e-mail for what ever post comes in your thread, you missed those mails too?

Please guide me to my writing by which you have such extensive conclusions and hopefully you will realize with my followed replies that your respective writing is pure fiction.

V.

The assumption is based on the fact you have written yourself, and I presume what you have written is not just a work of fiction.......or is it???

George
Small world, isn't it George? You don't have to wait until Sunil returns, please feel free to drop in any time you please:). DIY is always fun, glad you did not listen to your architect.

let me chime in with my effort.....

.......Well lesson learnt is that if you are not present during the actual planning and construction - then they will mess it up - you snooze you loose.
Sad to hear that Sidvee. Personal attention is a must.

There are times in my HT project too where I was out and arrived just in time to avoid major goof ups. One that comes to my mind is with fabric. I had selected a particular color of raw silk that I was fully aware that it was available in limited stock (5 meters lesser than than what I required for my room). I had already tried searching for matching fabric but could not find it anywhere. Still I got the same fabric thinking I would do only the left and right sides of the room with that fabric and save the rest for future (some mishap that requires fabric change on some panels??). Plan was to do front and rear walls in a different color. My carpenter and I started off on a Sunday and completed the left wall the same day. We had planned to continue with fabric cladding the following evening(Monday). I had briefed him about the plan for the next day and had assigned some other work. But as luck would have it, my carpenter finished the other work by late afternoon and started off with fabric cladding. He finished 6 panels on the rear wall (Not in the plan) by the time I returned from work. I was plain lucky to have arrived then, otherwise he would completed the remaining panels of the rear wall leaving me short of fabric for the right wall. How good is that:mad:?? I am very particular about symmetry and dread to be in a situation where my left wall is in a different color from my right wall. The way it stands now is left and right walls have same color - Red. Rear wall has top half in red and bottom half in black. Front wall is fully black. Anyways, all is well that ends well.

We normally leave instructions to workers about what they should do. Lesson learnt was we should also leave instructions to as to what not to do.

Last edited:

Please guide me to my writing by which you have such extensive conclusions and hopefully you will realize with my followed replies that your respective writing is pure fiction.

V.

Take a chill pill guys:).

Every body has their own views. Like they say whatever floats your boat.

It is your thread and you missed the post? Moreover you get an e-mail for what ever post comes in your thread, you missed those mails too?

That is when you DO opt to get a mail notification.... lol, that speaks for your attention level.

V.

here is the guidance in bulleted points...... pay attention as that is what yo have less

STATEMENT 1 by you :
HT should only and only be user for movies

CONCLUSION :: fair to derive that you ONLY watch movies in your HT

STATEMENT 2 by you :
i will never go for a blue ray because i see so many movies and to keep buying blue ray disc is not viable for me especially when for me it is like a thermocal glass during most times, as i would not like to see the movie again though for a one time watching is fine.

The quality of movies which i am getting from the downloaded movies i am very happy with it

FAIR TO CONCLUDE :: Almost zero interest in movies, no repeat value for you. And since your against a BRp, and pretty much "happy" with the the quality of a downloaded movie .............absolute no movie A/V quality value for you either.

STATEMENT 3 by you : i delete more then 50% of the movies, with blue rays if i have to throw more then 50% of those hard copies with the cost involved that would hurt me to the core.

FAIR TO CONCLUDE :: No inclination towards "collection" and a person collects only if he/she has solid interest.(example Books, Novels, magazines) In this case since we are talking about HT, movies is obvious example.

FINAL INFERENCE ::
Now since you dont collect movies, dont re watch them, dont even collect scenes to re watch, delete 50% of your collection and finally, the small percentage of movies you do watch you are pretty contented with any quality a download movie offers, we can very well with 80-85% accuracy conclude.............

FINAL CONCLUSION that I made :: (the post I made) "vinay, I must say and no pun intended here, rest assured, you have a great knack and interest for a Home theater but absolute Zero passion for Hollywood movies (infact movies for that matter I'd say), if you are not re-watching movies, deleting 50% of your collection and top of that not even using the HT for any other purpose, I wonder how much time you spend in that room, given the fact you have spend so much and created a thing that is not even solving your very own purpose.............Just my thought though........as I said no disrespect.... "

If on this forum any one can rationally explain me that I made a complete illogical conclusion I will take my words back and would apologize.....

Last edited:
common guys coool it off:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

hi sam9
1. vinay has a great HT set up and i have met guys who have visited his place and given great reviews abt his HT room/ set up

2. this is your thread asking for suggestions ,which vinay has replied to, his suggestions had helped me a lot

3.according to him an HT room shud be purely used for HT/music alone ,which i recommend too , but if u want to use it for other purpose it depends on you and how well u utilise it for other purposes ,this also depends on other interests u have , vinay may not be interested in gaming

4.he is also a great movie fan, chk out his thread --the movies i liked

5. the point i agree with u is without the BDP hes misiing out on quality, downloads are a sure no no for me

i advice u to go ahead with the planning as per your needs, and keep us posted

common guys coool it off:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

hi sam9

1. vinay has a great HT set up and i have met guys who have visited his place and given great reviews abt his HT room/ set up

2. this is your thread asking for suggestions ,which vinay has replied to, his suggestions had helped me a lot

3.according to him an HT room shud be purely used for HT/music alone ,which i recommend too , but if u want to use it for other purpose it depends on you and how well u utilise it for other purposes ,this also depends on other interests u have , vinay may not be interested in gaming

4.he is also a great movie fan, chk out his thread --the movies i liked

5. the point i agree with u is without the BDP hes misiing out on quality, downloads are a sure no no for me

i advice u to go ahead with the planning as per your needs, and keep us posted

1. Never said anything about his HT..... Ask him the very first PM I sent to him.....was with full of praise for his HT.

2. His suggestions was the reason at the first place I PMed him for his help. (He was the first one I approached on this forum)

3. That is the point I differ most, whats the point of putting so much effort and money for a room that you have confined yourself to a limited purpose. In vinay's case I agree he is not interested in Games, but if we go by his statements it seems he is not very much interested in Movies as well.

4. Yep been to that thread, I'd rather not comment on this. The level of interest I see there is with almost every (Hollywood acquainted) Indian.....no big deal

5. Thanks atleast one point is justified.

Last edited:
If on this forum any one can rationally explain me
Let me try.

Before that, let me tell you that I do not know Vinay personally and have not even spoken to him over phone. What I am posting is just my opinion gathered from what I know through his contributions to this forum. We have even disagreed on several topics, but I don't take anything personally. It is not fair to judge someone like the way you have.

Vinay IS a big fan of Hollywood movies, there is no doubt about that. You can check out his contribution to the "The movies I liked" thread to know how many movies he has watched. Very few have watched that many movies. Another thing I like to acknowledge is that he even watches movies that most would not even have heard of. He is willing to experiment which is a great quality for a movie lover. Who else but a movie lover would use up costly real estate to build a dedicated home theater?

Repeatedly watching some scenes confirms that a person likes certain movies so much that he remembers and wants to experience those scenes again and again. However, not watching movies repeatedly does not say anything negative about one's love for movies. Let me explain. Some people watch a movie for the storyline, acting etc. Many others watch movies for the action, effects (both sound and visual) also. There can be many more types. If someone is watching for story, there is no point in repeating as they already remember the story. These people are happy to watch a new movie in their available time.

I am not saying that Vinay belongs to the former category but he seriously believes that movies have no repeat value for him. Do you know that Vinay gave away his DVD collection of 200+ movies to HFV members? IMO, only a person who believes that there is no repeat value would give away DVDs bought with so much money. Today, he is happy with the PQ and SQ offered by downloaded WDTV. Nothing wrong right? At the end, what matters is that one should be happy with their setup.

Just my Opinion.

Last edited:
Let me try.

Before that, let me tell you that I do not know Vinay personally and have not even spoken to him over phone. What I am posting is just my opinion gathered from what I know through his contributions to this forum. We have even disagreed on several topics, but I don't take anything personally. It is not fair to judge someone like the way you have.

Vinay IS a big fan of Hollywood movies, there is no doubt about that. You can check out his contribution to the "The movies I liked" thread to know how many movies he has watched. Very few have watched that many movies. Another thing I like to acknowledge is that he even watches movies that most would not even have heard of. He is willing to experiment which is a great quality for a movie lover. Who else but a movie lover would use up costly real estate to build a dedicated home theater?

Repeatedly watching some scenes confirms that a person likes certain movies so much that he remembers and wants to experience those scenes again and again. However, not watching movies repeatedly does not say anything negative about one's love for movies. Let me explain. Some people watch a movie for the storyline, acting etc. Many others watch movies for the action, effects (both sound and visual) also. There can be many more types. If someone is watching for story, there is no point in repeating as they already remember the story. These people are happy to watch a new movie in their available time.

I am not saying that Vinay belongs to the former category but he seriously believes that movies have no repeat value for him. Do you know that Vinay gave away his DVD collection of 200+ movies to HFV members? IMO, only a person who believes that there is no repeat value would give away DVDs bought with so much money. Today, he is happy with the PQ and SQ offered by downloaded WDTV. Nothing wrong right? At the end, what matters is that one should be happy with their setup.

Just my Opinion.

+++3 to above..:lol:

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back