Need Suggestion for Professional HT Designer in Delhi NCR

Let me try.

Before that, let me tell you that I do not know Vinay personally and have not even spoken to him over phone. What I am posting is just my opinion gathered from what I know through his contributions to this forum. We have even disagreed on several topics, but I don't take anything personally. It is not fair to judge someone like the way you have.

Well I will definitely apologize if in any that my statements looked llike I am taking it personally, if that starts happening I would become difficult for one to exist in fourms.

And Hold on.....I am not judging vinay as a person man, getting me completely wrong, I am just emphasizing on the fact that his interest in movies is somewhat in contradiction to level of interest he has in his HT which incidentally is only used for Movies. Getting the relation here.

Vinay IS a big fan of Hollywood movies, there is no doubt about that. You can check out his contribution to the "The movies I liked" thread to know how many movies he has watched. Very few have watched that many movies. Another thing I like to acknowledge is that he even watches movies that most would not even have heard of. He is willing to experiment which is a great quality for a movie lover. Who else but a movie lover would use up costly real estate to build a dedicated home theater?

Thats exactly what I said.........to say it again to the bold part

his interest in movies is in somewhat in contradiction to level of interest he has in his HT which incidentally is only used for Movies

Coming to the interest in Hollywood flicks....Well I'd say.....you dont know me then (ofcourse you dont, its been just a month I joined here...:))

Checkout post no 56...

http://www.hifivision.com/movies/73...cenes-audio-pq-repeat-values-6.html#post95633

and post 71.

http://www.hifivision.com/movies/73...s-movies-scenes-audio-pq-repeat-values-8.html

Repeatedly watching some scenes confirms that a person likes certain movies so much that he remembers and wants to experience those scenes again and again. However, not watching movies repeatedly does not say anything negative about one's love for movies.

There is a difference between Love and Passion. I agree he must Love watching movies but the fanaticism I see and I believe I have is a an altogether different thing

Let me explain. Some people watch a movie for the storyline, acting etc. Many others watch movies for the action, effects (both sound and visual) also. There can be many more types. If someone is watching for story, there is no point in repeating as they already remember the story. These people are happy to watch a new movie in their available time.

That is where the difference lies, between simply loving and living. And I believe if you built something with so much effort and money you should be living and not just loving, else what the point of actually putting that effort. Except may be for the fact you had loads n loads of money to spare and built the stuff just to show off and count on how many magazine articles your HT was reviewed up on.

I am not saying that Vinay belongs to the former category but he seriously believes that movies have no repeat value for him. Do you know that Vinay gave away his DVD collection of 200+ movies to HFV members? IMO, only a person who believes that there is no repeat value would give away DVDs bought with so much money. Today, he is happy with the PQ and SQ offered by downloaded WDTV. Nothing wrong right? At the end, what matters is that one should be happy with their setup.

yep I am on absolute agreement here. Like you said "whatever floats your boat."

Guys I received a PM from Sri to better concentrate on HT and forget the rest, so I believe expressing an opinion makes me the odd one out here and so I formally APOLOGIZE TO VINAY, SANTHOL2, SRI, SUBHASH (apecially to him) AND EVERY BODY WHO THOUGH I WAS BRAGGING.

Taking my words back and I quit from here...........My intentions to join here was not only to get information but to make friends with dudes having similar interest and passion. Anyway seems like started with wrong note so I am ending with a correct one, At least I believe its the correct...........

Apologies Again
regards
Sammy

Guys I received a PM from Sri to better concentrate on HT and forget the rest, so I believe expressing an opinion makes me the odd one out here and so I formally APOLOGIZE TO VINAY, SANTHOL2, SRI, SUBHASH (apecially to him) AND EVERY BODY WHO THOUGH I WAS BRAGGING.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY PM TO SAM:::::

Hi Sam, Take the advice/input what you need, forget all others in the forum..
But there is no harm to reply and forum is free to all and to express in any thread.. So dont get hot
concentrate on your HT quest..
Regards
Srini

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taking my words back and I quit from here...........My intentions to join here was not only to get information but to make friends with dudes having similar interest and passion. Anyway seems like started with wrong note so I am ending with a correct one, At least I believe its the correct...........

Apologies Again
regards
Sammy

Hi Sammy,

Man! You are matured guy, dont get Hot!.. Intention of sending PM is keep cool and to be friendly and also indicated that Forum is open to all and you are also free to express to anything.... If you dont like a person advice ignore and read reply from friend who is reading and posting to suit your wave length.

This is not the way to get signed off... Trust you will remember I pulled you once again into this thread after a long time to continue and I dont want to see you signed off like this.

Trust you will understand...:sad:

Last edited:
Hi Sammy,

Man! You are matured guy, dont get Hot!.. Intention of sending PM is keep cool and to be friendly and also indicated that Forum is open to all and you are also free to express to anything.... If you dont like a person advice ignore and read reply from friend who is reading and posting to suit your wave length.

This is not the way to get signed off... Trust you will remember I pulled you once again into this thread after a long time to continue and I dont want to see you signed off like this.

Trust you will understand...:sad:

Its ok Sri I am not that hot as I might sound.....may be I misunderstood your PM......sorry for that......yea I remember you pulled me in the thread again, and I'd love to continue. Lets get back to the actual topic.....

Apologies Again
regards
Sammy
Come on Sam. There is no need to apologise and definitely no need to quit. Please stay around participate, learn and contribute. No Hard Feelings please.

We are all friends in this online world and you are my friend too even though I have never met you. Infact when I tell my dad or wife (who are not that much into internet), I refer to members as my friend in Delhi, Bangalore etc. Forums have become such an important part of our lives. We know so many people with out actually meeting them. We also form our opinions about people very easily. I have also experienced that when we actually meet the person, we were actually not 100% right. This is because in a forum, you have to express everything with just words. So, I consciously try not to form a negative opinion about anyone and always give the benefit of doubt to the other person. We are mere mortals and tend to carry a bias on an already formed opinion. We should try and not fall in that trap.

Again, just my sincere opinion. Also, I never thought you were bragging about your passion for movies. I know such people even in my real life. Subhash and Srini are some examples I know:)

Last edited:
Its ok Sri I am not that hot as I might sound.....may be I misunderstood your PM......sorry for that......yea I remember you pulled me in the thread again, and I'd love to continue. Lets get back to the actual topic.....

Now I appreciate:) your decission..Please dont make us to pull you again, you have to pull somebody now onwards who is going out:lol:. It happens:lol:. So already Santhosh pull you in topic

Come on Sam. There is no need to apologise and definitely no need to quit. Please stay around participate, learn and contribute. No Hard Feelings please.

We are all friends in this online world and you are my friend too even though I have never met you. Infact when I tell my dad or wife (who are not that much into internet), I refer to members as my friend in Delhi, Bangalore etc. Forums have become such an important part of our lives. We know so many people with out actually meeting them. We also form our opinions about people very easily. I have also experienced that when we actually meet the person, we were actually not 100% right. This is because in a forum, you have to express everything with just words. So, I consciously try not to form a negative opinion about anyone and always give the benefit of doubt to the other person. We are mere mortals and tend to carry a bias on an already formed opinion. We should try and not fall in that trap.

I agree to every word you said...........:eek: and yes as i said I was not passing a judgment on vinay. I am not in a position to.

Again, just my sincere opinion. Also, I never thought you were bragging about your passion for movies. I know such people even in my real life. Subhash and Srini are some examples I know:)

Thanks man for understanding......

Great!! Where is that architecture drawing that you had promised to share?

good to see you remember, I am on it......I am on it.....:) just making it to.... as much perfection as I can.....plus there were certain points that were not in accordance with my wife (the usual thing :D), so had to re fit few thing, will be sharing it very soon.......:) Seriously appreciate your mentioning it....:)

Hi Sam, Subash, Vinay, Srini:

You made me go through all your threads for more than 30 mins, like watching a soap opera. You all are good at what you are and I can sense a strong passion in your posts towards what we are here for.

I am happy that it ended on a happy note. All families have love mixed with friction, and hifivision is no exception. Even I got involved in some kind of friction some time back.

Anyway, had a good read of your posts!:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah: I must say that you are all lucky out there to have such a good HT setup. I have personally auditioned Srini sir's and seen Vinay's and heard about Santhosh's and Sam, you are on the list!

Congrats on your HTs!

Cheers!

Hi Sam, Subash, Vinay, Srini:

You made me go through all your threads for more than 30 mins, like watching a soap opera. You all are good at what you are and I can sense a strong passion in your posts towards what we are here for.

I am happy that it ended on a happy note. All families have love mixed with friction, and hifivision is no exception. Even I got involved in some kind of friction some time back.

Anyway, had a good read of your posts!:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah: I must say that you are all lucky out there to have such a good HT setup. I have personally auditioned Srini sir's and seen Vinay's and heard about Santhosh's and Sam, you are on the list!

Congrats on your HTs!

Cheers!

After all this I must confess, that HIFI fourm is one of the best fourm I have been to (and trust me I am a member and active participant of lot of fourms) thinkdigit and techreport my fav as far as tech world goes.......but I have never felt the team/family sense as I have felt here in just one month, usually people dont care/bother if you are unhappy or in a bad mood and I was expecting the same here, to some extent, but to my surprise it was pretty much the other way. Thanks for the concern shown by everybody here.:signthankspin: I apologise if I was rude/persuasive at any stage. I am sure my journey towards my HT would be an experience in itself here on hifi........:)

After all this I must confess, that HIFI fourm is one of the best fourm I have been to (and trust me I am a member and active participant of lot of fourms) thinkdigit and techreport my fav as far as tech world goes.......but I have never felt the team/family sense as I have felt here in just one month, usually people dont care/bother if you are unhappy or in a bad mood and I was expecting the same here, to some extent, but to my surprise it was pretty much the other way. Thanks for the concern shown by everybody here.:signthankspin: I apologise if I was rude/persuasive at any stage. I am sure my journey towards my HT would be an experience in itself here on hifi........:)

Hi,

Hey, none of you has been rude or persuasive in your posts, but just expressing your viewpoints, so don't even think about it again.

Welcome back!:signthankspin::cheers:

Cheers!

According to me most of them adopt the mail notification facility with special mention to the thread they own so if one does not take this option that shows their attention level, how does that reduce my attention level? It is your thread and you have not seen my posts, does that show my attention level?

About i having the ability to pay less attention, this is sure a further series of your fiction.

About i saying that a home theatre should be used only for movies, is again a fiction from you, i have said in my posts that i use it for music too and i believe to use the theatre for anything projector based, i have a secound projector, which i use extensively for other purposes, each day i use it for about 12 hours or so. If i was using the place only to watch movies, that too is a great concept according to me.

If i am watching downloaded movies by which ability do you conclude that i have zero interest for movies? From where did you get the idea that i do not repeat the movies, this is a again a fiction from your end, there are movies which i repeat them after a interval of time. I have never said that i am against blue ray, all i have said that the downloading route suits me ove which i have given my reasons, please pay better attention to my earlier posts. On basis of your writing it seems you look quite low on downloaded movies, what is so bad about it? By the way then why are you having over 600 downloaded movies and having only 30 DVD's and how come you are not telling about the blue ray collection you have. In my case i have had over 250 original dvds.

About your saying that i have no incliniation towards collection, is again your race with fiction. I am saying that i am deleting around 50% of the movies, so please pay attention that means several of them will be in my collection, i do not believe in the culture to keep the movies, which i will not see again.

About your final inference, by now you would have relaized that you are on a fiction roller coaster ride and that you will rationally realize that yo have made a complete illogical conclusions and that you will now take your words back and apologize.

V.

That is when you DO opt to get a mail notification.... lol, that speaks for your attention level.

here is the guidance in bulleted points...... pay attention as that is what yo have less

STATEMENT 1 by you :
HT should only and only be user for movies

CONCLUSION :: fair to derive that you ONLY watch movies in your HT

STATEMENT 2 by you :
i will never go for a blue ray because i see so many movies and to keep buying blue ray disc is not viable for me especially when for me it is like a thermocal glass during most times, as i would not like to see the movie again though for a one time watching is fine.

The quality of movies which i am getting from the downloaded movies i am very happy with it

FAIR TO CONCLUDE :: Almost zero interest in movies, no repeat value for you. And since your against a BRp, and pretty much "happy" with the the quality of a downloaded movie .............absolute no movie A/V quality value for you either.

STATEMENT 3 by you : i delete more then 50% of the movies, with blue rays if i have to throw more then 50% of those hard copies with the cost involved that would hurt me to the core.

FAIR TO CONCLUDE :: No inclination towards "collection" and a person collects only if he/she has solid interest.(example Books, Novels, magazines) In this case since we are talking about HT, movies is obvious example.

FINAL INFERENCE ::
Now since you dont collect movies, dont re watch them, dont even collect scenes to re watch, delete 50% of your collection and finally, the small percentage of movies you do watch you are pretty contented with any quality a download movie offers, we can very well with 80-85% accuracy conclude.............

FINAL CONCLUSION that I made :: (the post I made) "vinay, I must say and no pun intended here, rest assured, you have a great knack and interest for a Home theater but absolute Zero passion for Hollywood movies (infact movies for that matter I'd say), if you are not re-watching movies, deleting 50% of your collection and top of that not even using the HT for any other purpose, I wonder how much time you spend in that room, given the fact you have spend so much and created a thing that is not even solving your very own purpose.............Just my thought though........as I said no disrespect.... "

If on this forum any one can rationally explain me that I made a complete illogical conclusion I will take my words back and would apologize.....

Hello Subhash,

Thanks for the detailed writing.

I have been as cool as possibile, i will do my utmost to be more cooler henceforth.

I am happy to hear that you value my home theatre, actually i have lost count of the people who have visited my place, they too have a lot of good things to say, so at the end of the day it was worth it when it took me more then a year to make it

I have always come forward to help someone who needs to make a home theatre for the simple reason that i do not want others to go through which i went through via the so called professionals and related.

I am a strong believer of a dedicated home theatre, which should be used only for movies, music or anything which is projector based. Indeed there will be people who will think otherwise, so that is their choice, but i need to tell them that please do not say that you have a home theatre, which may lack to a great extent in true sense.

Indeed i am a great movie fan, i used to go thrice a month to a cinema hall, but since i have my own mini theatre, i have not been to a theatre, in my den i see movies on regular basis, i remember the days when i used to be invited for trial shows of movies, much before the release and at times un-censored. The movies i liked thread is my contribuation towards movies.

It is true that a blue ray quality will be better then downloaded movie but i am very happy with the downloaded one as it is any day better then the original dvd.

V.

common guys coool it off:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

hi sam9
1. vinay has a great HT set up and i have met guys who have visited his place and given great reviews abt his HT room/ set up

2. this is your thread asking for suggestions ,which vinay has replied to, his suggestions had helped me a lot

3.according to him an HT room shud be purely used for HT/music alone ,which i recommend too , but if u want to use it for other purpose it depends on you and how well u utilise it for other purposes ,this also depends on other interests u have , vinay may not be interested in gaming

4.he is also a great movie fan, chk out his thread --the movies i liked

5. the point i agree with u is without the BDP hes misiing out on quality, downloads are a sure no no for me

i advice u to go ahead with the planning as per your needs, and keep us posted

I appreciate the honour that you have liked my home theatre and i was the first person to be approached, thank you so much.

I feel nice that you realize the kinf of efforts and money i have put in making my mini theatre, please be assured that i do not treat the use of my theatre for limited purpose, the detail of which please see in my earlier post of this day.

About you not commenting on the choice of my movies i see and that my choice is no big deal, what does that mean, i should see your and others choice of movies?

Please do let me know what is more un-justified.

V.

1. Never said anything about his HT..... Ask him the very first PM I sent to him.....was with full of praise for his HT.

2. His suggestions was the reason at the first place I PMed him for his help. (He was the first one I approached on this forum)

3. That is the point I differ most, whats the point of putting so much effort and money for a room that you have confined yourself to a limited purpose. In vinay's case I agree he is not interested in Games, but if we go by his statements it seems he is not very much interested in Movies as well.

4. Yep been to that thread, I'd rather not comment on this. The level of interest I see there is with almost every (Hollywood acquainted) Indian.....no big deal

5. Thanks atleast one point is justified.

Hello Santosh,

I appreciate your writing, thanks.

It is the beauty of this forum, so many of us do not know each other and yet we are there to help. I have been putting a lot of efforts to write as correct as possibile when someone has a query on a home theatre, i remember the days when i was new to this forum, i never saw any topic on dedicated home theatre, but once i posted the details of my mini theatre, other members started getting this idea of a private theatre, which gives me full joy that i and others are of help with this sunrise home entertainment idea with style and related. It is true that at times we disagree, so the best would be to share the ideas, and leave it at that, this is what i have learned or if one feels that we are not able to communicate with a particular member just do not partcipate in that thread, that is what i am going to do now.

I appreciate that to judge someone in a odd way, is not good by any standards especially when it is based on fiction.

I have always been seeing english and hindi movies, i am a great fan of these, this hobby was created as i knew some people in the film industry. I am lucky that i watch movies on assorted types, the passion for movies has been such that i made a dedicated theatre, otherwise most of the people would make it in their living room, to make my dream come true i had to loose one room and bathroom, and a certain porton of the living room. Among the best things abut my theatre i like is that i have given the interiors a full feel of a actual theatre.

I have said earlier that when i like some scenes of a movie, i repeat it there and then, as i would not like to note down those scenes, and just watch them at a later date, it is very true what you say that if one does not repeat the movies or scenes does not make him any less interester for movies. I too watch most of the repeat scenes which have loads of action and there have been some movies, where there is no action of a inch, but i see those scenes several times, because i get inspired and related or the way they have shot it. It is about 25% of the movies which i repeat them.

I gave away my original dvd's to the fellow members because 80% of them i would not like to see them again, though many of them worth a one watch for me and the other reason i gave away the dvd's was because i liked the concept of downloaded movies, the quality of theirs is much better then the dvd's and then i love the concept of digital format, and then i can give ratings, view date, etc, on the external hard disk. I could have sold the dvd's also to some library, but i am very attached to this forum, as there is so much to learn, etc, therefore it was my gesture to the members by giving away the movies for free, in-fact now also there are several more movies to be given for free on lines mentioned in my other thread.

V.

1. Never said anything about his HT..... Ask him the very first PM I sent to him.....was with full of praise for his HT.

2. His suggestions was the reason at the first place I PMed him for his help. (He was the first one I approached on this forum)

3. That is the point I differ most, whats the point of putting so much effort and money for a room that you have confined yourself to a limited purpose. In vinay's case I agree he is not interested in Games, but if we go by his statements it seems he is not very much interested in Movies as well.

4. Yep been to that thread, I'd rather not comment on this. The level of interest I see there is with almost every (Hollywood acquainted) Indian.....no big deal

5. Thanks atleast one point is justified.

It is good that you are getting the feel to apologize, in general who so ever it may be, if this does not happen, forget about existing in the forum, the society at large also will keep a low profile, etc.

I think you are judging me as a person and on my interests, which is fine, as long as it is in the right direction. There is a absolute zero contradiction level between my movies interest and my home theatre and that i use my theatre only for movies is fiction based, and let us say that even if i use it only for movies, what is wrong with it? I would rather say that it is in-fact great that how much does one respect is private theatre, by using it only for movies, if one watches daily one of it, the job is done and purpose acheived for making a theatre.

About the type of hollwood movies you watch, that is your respective choice others may just not like it, everyone has their choice.

Indeed everyone's love and passion is different for watching movies and it is good that you also probably realize, one need not toe one's line of understanding because what is good for someone may be it is not the same for the other person.

It is time for a new fiction, from where do you get the idea that i do not live and love my theatre. Well the fiction continues from where do you get the idea that i made the theatre just to show off. I am surprised when you say that the theatre could have been made because i can count on how many magazines have covered and that i had loads of money and i decided to make a home theatre, please consider to get away from this fiction world, it is not good for anyone. If 5 leading magazines, times of india news paper and tv has covered my theatre, it is because i have made a true sense theatre, otherwise you think so much of coverage would have been possibile.

V.

Well I will definitely apologize if in any that my statements looked llike I am taking it personally, if that starts happening I would become difficult for one to exist in fourms.

And Hold on.....I am not judging vinay as a person man, getting me completely wrong, I am just emphasizing on the fact that his interest in movies is somewhat in contradiction to level of interest he has in his HT which incidentally is only used for Movies. Getting the relation here.

Thats exactly what I said.........to say it again to the bold part

his interest in movies is in somewhat in contradiction to level of interest he has in his HT which incidentally is only used for Movies

Coming to the interest in Hollywood flicks....Well I'd say.....you dont know me then (ofcourse you dont, its been just a month I joined here...:))

Checkout post no 56...

http://www.hifivision.com/movies/73...cenes-audio-pq-repeat-values-6.html#post95633

and post 71.

http://www.hifivision.com/movies/73...s-movies-scenes-audio-pq-repeat-values-8.html

There is a difference between Love and Passion. I agree he must Love watching movies but the fanaticism I see and I believe I have is a an altogether different thing

That is where the difference lies, between simply loving and living. And I believe if you built something with so much effort and money you should be living and not just loving, else what the point of actually putting that effort. Except may be for the fact you had loads n loads of money to spare and built the stuff just to show off and count on how many magazine articles your HT was reviewed up on.

yep I am on absolute agreement here. Like you said "whatever floats your boat."

It is impossibile for me to digest that you were not passing on me judgement, etc.

I agree to every word you said...........:eek: and yes as i said I was not passing a judgment on vinay. I am not in a position to.

Thanks man for understanding......

Cheezz I dont have the courage left to read and reply to all that, few thing I do wanna say, I was not judging you as a person that is for sure, I know it. You don't believe it so be it.

Lastly My Apologies was NOT coz I believe I was on a fictional ride, I STILL believe what I said for you......Apologies were coz, I felt my actions instigated certain bit of uneasiness among other forum members as well, and feeling the effort others were putting to patch things up, I felt I should apologize (as I said not much have I seen people doing this on public forums........hardly anybody cares).

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back