Need suggestion on AVR

zoozoo

Hello Forum Members

Which brand / model of AVR would be suitable to drive my Jamo C 809 front tower speakers ? The AVR should support DOLBY ATMOS. Based on your suggestion I will take an audition before the final purchase. The speaker specs are as below.

System Type: 3-way bassreflex
Impedance : 6
Tweeter (mm/in) : 25 / 1 DTT
Woofer (mm/in) : 2 x 180 / 7
Frequency Response (Hz, +/-3dB) : 30 - 24,000
Power Handling (Watts Long/Short Term) : 200 / 400
Sensitivity (dB, 2.8V/1m) : 89
Midrange (mm/in) : 180 / 7

Thanks in advance.

I think models like:
>> Marantz NR1606
>> Denon X1200W/X1330W

Would suffice your requirement. They are pretty powerful AVR's and could provide power to big speakers for a large area.

Cheers!

Hello Forum Members

Which brand / model of AVR would be suitable to drive my Jamo C 809 front tower speakers ? The AVR should support DOLBY ATMOS. Based on your suggestion I will take an audition before the final purchase. The speaker specs are as below.

System Type: 3-way bassreflex
Impedance : 6
Tweeter (mm/in) : 25 / 1 DTT
Woofer (mm/in) : 2 x 180 / 7
Frequency Response (Hz, +/-3dB) : 30 - 24,000
Power Handling (Watts Long/Short Term) : 200 / 400
Sensitivity (dB, 2.8V/1m) : 89
Midrange (mm/in) : 180 / 7

Thanks in advance.

Budget?
Requirement? Music or Movies?

Thanks for acknowledging my query. I wanted to mention my budget & choice but forgot in excitement.
So budget is upto Rs 70000. Max can go to 75000

movies : 90%
music : 10%

Pl. suggest suitable AVRs. Any brand from among Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo or any other brand but within my budget.

Any particular model of Yamaha ? What about the Yamaha Aventage series AVRs ? I'm slightly inclined towards brighter sound.

Any particular model of Yamaha ? What about the Yamaha Aventage series AVRs ? I'm slightly inclined towards brighter sound.

Along with others, do try auditioning Pioneer 1131. it should fit in your requirements totally.
In this budget, I should have tried Pioneer 9xx, Pioneer 11xx, Marantz 50xx.

Aventage series may fall beyond in fact much beyond your budget if purchased from official Yamaha franchisee in India. If you get it imported from other countries like Malaysia, Singapore, USA etc. the cost may be less but you wont get warranty. There is no doubt Aventage series are the best amongst Yamaha lineup.

As suggested by others Denon 2300 and Pioneer VSX 1131 are formidable options. Onkyo 646 or Onkyo 656 use the same DAC as Pioneer VSX 1131 which is available in India through EBay India in 45K, a very good price for this specification with 1 year official India warranty. I auditioned Onkyo 656 new model than 646 and found to be dull sounding as compared to 646 which is a very good and popular AVR. Dont run after newer models and the resellers shall try their best to sell the new models at a premium price, go for sound quality even if its one or two year old models.

Take some time off and audition some at a reseller who stocks 2-3 brands like Denon, Yamaha, Pioneer and take a decision.

All the best.

What would be the tentative price range of Yamaha Aventage series AVRs ? If they are really worth the cost I may extend my budget. Do share the price range & also the particular model in that series.

Diificult to source from the US. Don't know anyone who's staying or going to US. Tell me is it safe to buy from Amazon US or Amazon India ? If someone can tell me any where in Mumbai or Thane I can audition the aventage series, would be great.

Diificult to source from the US. Don't know anyone who's staying or going to US. Tell me is it safe to buy from Amazon US or Amazon India ? If someone can tell me any where in Mumbai or Thane I can audition the aventage series, would be great.

Hi

There is no need to be in the US or going there. Visit Amazon.com, key in your product you wish to shop for, on the left side among various options you will find "Ship To India", select that, now India shipped products will appear. You may not get all the items as per your choice being shipped to India. However, this is not a rule, tomorrow the same may be included for shipping to India.

Besides the above, there are some channel partners like borderlinx who provide a local US shipping address for purchases from USA, UK etc and when the item arrives at your "US Address" they ship to your India address for a fee. Well, I have not tried this route till now.

For auditioning I believe Yamaha Authrorized resellers in your city will be able to provide though difficult for Aventage series as the demand is less. Contact Yamaha directly.

Aventage all the way. The thump in the music is unmistakable.in this series. Vsx 1131 is a bit sharp sided for me especially with music.

Hi

There are a variety of avrs that would match the speakers you have....all depends on personal listening preferences and settings made.....

If you are going to change the avr soon after 2/3 years, then you can experiment with pre owned (if available)...check on olx or For Sale By Owner section or Hifiads...sometimes you get really good deals where you have a chance to experiment and use a certain brand for a while then later sell it for an upgrade to another brand..

With the way AVRs are failing and poor after sales provided by Yamaha and Denon , either of which don't have a proper after sales and mostly a import er based sales & service it's very wise to go for Onkyo since they are seriously here and Headquarted as Onkyo India. That earns a lot of faith.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back