Need suggestion on Headset with Microphone for Webcast / Audio Conferencing

HTuser

Hi

I am looking for a headset with good quality microphone for conducting webcast sessions (90% use) and for audio conferencing (10% use). It should have two 3.5mm jack connectors (1 for stereo headset and 1 for mic).

I am not planning to use this for listening to music (I have a Bose QC2 for that). But having good sound reproduction will be added advantage, but first preference is for good microphone.

Since I will be presenting, I want the audio captured by the microphone to be very good.

I found that many stadard mic coming along with headsets are not of good quality.

First prefernce is for a set having ear phone + mic like the Sennheiser PC 100, provided the microphone quality is good.

headsetandmicwithdual35.jpg

Second prefernce is for around the year head set.

pc320new.jpg

Third preference is for on-ear model, (if there are no better alternatives).

sennheiserpc310onear.jpg

Adjustable/flexible microphone which can be adjusted to keep it towards mouth will be another good option.

creativehs330.jpg

Budget upto 4k. Can extend further for outstanding models.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Whatever you pick ensure it has "noise canceling microphone". They don't pick up background noise or buzz from the fan or someone talking behind you or even the TV/music.

Andrea makes the best headsets for voice recognition but they are not available locally. If you have someone coming from US then you can order from Amazon.

Plantronics & Sennheiser are also excellent options. I picked up a Sennheiser PC36 from Reliance for around 4.8K (comes with noise cancellation). It works great for Dragon NaturallySpeaking (voice recognition) and for video chats and conferences on Skype.

I have an Andrea NC-95 that I use the most and its by far the best microphone I've used.

Also, consider the Yeti series from Blue Microphones... excellent microphones but again not available locally.

It should have two 3.5mm jack connectors (1 for stereo headset and 1 for mic).

Better to go for USB microphones. I find their noise cancellation capabilities to be better and you don't even need a soundcard to use them.

Better to go for USB microphones. I find their noise cancellation capabilities to be better and you don't even need a soundcard to use them.

Thanks for your reply.

My laptop is having a sound card, I have mic and line-out ports in the front. Hence additional sound card is not required.
But I am ready to go USB way if it is going to give better audio capturing and noise cancellation

I found the following negative points on USB headphones.

The main negative of USB headphones is that they can be finicky in regards to being bumped or unplugged. If you unplug a standard audio jack headset, it can be plugged back in and immediately be receiving sound. However, due to the USB headset being an actual device that is technically installed, it is not so immediate. The second part of this problem is that sometimes it can be difficult to get sound back in a program that is already operating, forcing a restart.

The second negative of USB headphones is that they take up a USB slot. This problem is generally easily solved, but for those with a large amount of USB related equipment it may become an issue.

First one will be an issue, I will have to setup everything before starting the session. Otherwise the program may not allow me to use newly added microphone.

Can anyone explain how this Noise Cancelling microphones are working? Are they programmed to ignore some frequencies? Since they are not active noise cancellation there is no circuitry to detect the noise an produce opposite sound.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back