Need suggestions about this combination!

thekcamps

Hi!

I have shortlisted Definitive Mythos Six along with Mythos Seven as the centre Speaker. The sub-woofer I have thought to for is either Definitive ProSub 1000 or SuperCube III. The amplifier to go with these will be Denon 1911.
If not this the I'll just go with Definitive ProCinema 1000 Set along with Pro2000 center.
I have auditioned both these and other speakers as well like KEF, Klipsch, etc. but somehow I liked DefTech more. I know many people will tell me and have told me that other brands are much better than Deftech for the price range.
My use is 50% movies and 50% music.
My Room size should be around 15ft x 17ft
Please guide me friends.

I have auditioned both these and other speakers as well like KEF, Klipsch, etc. but somehow I liked DefTech more. I know many people will tell me and have told me that other brands are much better than Deftech for the price range.

DefTech is a good brand and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. The Mythos series are excellent speakers for movies, though they will be better driven with something like a 2311.

Ultimately what matters are your ears. If your ears like them, they are your best judges.

Cheers

@ thekcamps

Even I had auditioned Deftech mythos gems in a 5.1 setup with 4* gems and Mythos seven center and deftech super cube III sub.

The gems sounded very good for movies, I was almost about to buy them but then I postponed my purchase because I was not 100 % confident if i can watch an action movie on deftech without getting any strain on my ears. ( But again this was just how i felt and i might be wrong.. may be other members who have auditioned or own deftech can share their experience and help understand this better)

I had auditioned them twice first time i was amazed they way the small mythos sounded, they were very powerful and played the action scenes from Air force one excellently, but the second audition slightly confused me i.e in some of the scenes it put some strain on my ears.

I noticed that deftech mythos gems are not as good for music as they are for Movies, these are movie speakers.

Also I had opportunity to try gems with Denon 1911 and NAD T747 and i think they sounded better with the latter however NAD is expensive at the same time !!

Further between the pro sub and deftech supercube III i think the later is more punchy and powerful :)

One thing i have learnt so far from this forum and from auditions so far is that whenever any one said trust your ears they were absolutely right !!

Good luck buddy and do keep us all posted on what you finally decide on.

Regards,
Naren

Last edited:
hey thanks a lot....actually i shortlisted denon 1911 bcoz my budget....however i dunno how much will 2311 cost, any idea?

hey naren thanks a lot mate....i decided on denon 1911 for the price...even i thought i could do with a better amp but the budget shoots up...however i had auditioned the mythos six with techno, instrumentals and a love ballad...well i thought the later two sounded much better than techno. the only reason to go with supercube III was to add that little bit of punch to such music....i dunno....correct me if i m wrong.
i'll definitely keep u updated! take care!

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back