Need suggestions for a new Home Theater (25k to 35K)

andy78

Guys need suggestions on getting a new Home Theater 5.1 for the budget betweeen Rs 25,000 to Rs 35,000.
I have checked the following models
Onkyo 3500
Pioneer HTP RS 30

Liked Onkyo but feel the Pioneer is better even though its 10k more than the former. But heard it doesn't have 3D Support?

Can someone please help me decide which one to go for based on the budget?

Yamaha YHT 292,196.. check how much these cost.

Harmon Kardon has some 5.1 in as low as 22 - 24K.

Guys need suggestions on getting a new Home Theater 5.1 for the budget betweeen Rs 25,000 to Rs 35,000.
Onkyo 3500
Pioneer HTP RS 30

Liked Onkyo but feel the Pioneer is better even though its 10k more than the former. But heard it doesn't have 3D Support?

You need to decide what is more imp for you. IF you want a future ready system with all the bells and whistles then go with Onkyo. If you want a powerful system with bigger sound then pioneer willl just do that. It is unfair to compare satellite speakers with towers.

Pioneer has the better speaker system but onkyo has the better receiver. Even if you go for onkyo now, you can always get better speakers later on.

It is not clear - you liked Onkyo but felt Pioneer is better! Please explain what do you exactly mean? :p

The price for Onkyo is around 26k and the Pioneer model is around 36k so there is more than 10k difference. I'm quite satisified with the Onkyo model but my wife prefers the Pioneer one. The only thing we wanted to double check was the features available in the Pioneer one the Reliance guy told it doesn't have 3 D support. Is that an important feature to consider?

Onkyo 3500
Pioneer HTP RS 30

Could you tell us if this your maximum budget (or) are you ready to spend as & when your budget allows over a period of time.

HTIB are good when you are are first time buyer.. The more you start learning from this forum, you will realise that it is good to build HT over a period of time.

My recommendations would be to get an used amplifier from Onkyo for 10K Max. Use your remaining budget of 25K for good quality speakers. Check the below link

Welcome To Sonodyne

Sonodyne 1501 + C2401 + Sonus R ears (Surround) will cost you approx (5.0 Setup) 25 K. Later you can add a (0.1) sub for 15 - 20 K.

This way you get a better product then HTIB from my experience.

Could you tell us if this your maximum budget (or) are you ready to spend as & when your budget allows over a period of time.

HTIB are good when you are are first time buyer.. The more you start learning from this forum, you will realise that it is good to build HT over a period of time.

My recommendations would be to get an used amplifier from Onkyo for 10K Max. Use your remaining budget of 25K for good quality speakers. Check the below link

Welcome To Sonodyne

Sonodyne 1501 + C2401 + Sonus R ears (Surround) will cost you approx (5.0 Setup) 25 K. Later you can add a (0.1) sub for 15 - 20 K.

This way you get a better product then HTIB from my experience.

Initially my budget was strictly under 30k but after checking the Pioneer model I thought of extending it to 35k.
I may be able to spend further in future but may not be immediate future.

I already owned Sony Home Theater which I have used for almost 4 years now. So it will not be a first time buy for me.

Thanks for your suggestions

Congrats..............good choice, remember down the line you always have the option to upgrade the speakers.
ENJOY!!!

Thanks Aakash. You have been really helpful and also instrumental in me going for this model. I appreciate your suggesitons/feeback.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back