Need suggestions for Bookshelf speakers around 30K

Mission QX-2! Period! Clearly a cut above your other shortlisted speakers and then some.

Their sound is supreme (comparable, if not better than my Wharfedale Evo 4.2 and KEF Q350 which are both more than double the price) and they look like a million bucks with their build quality being second to none for speakers below 1L that I've compared them with(better than the Quad S5, KEF Q350, Wharfedale Evo 4.2, Q Acoustics concept). And they sounded incredible while being paired with one of the cheapest receivers (and not even a full fledged stereo amplifier) out there - Marantz NR1509.

I'm surprised there isn't a stampede of customers cleaning out the QX-2 from stores while they last.
hee hee I like your writing style sprinkled with confidence and conviction with seven speaker pair under your belt. Wonder if sam_007 has access to audition them.

Meanwhile HERE is how if Audiophile stampede the showrooms will look like :p

Enjoy the audio journey
Regards and all the best to sam_007 :)

hee hee I like your writing style sprinkled with confidence and conviction with seven speaker pair under your belt. Wonder if sam_007 has access to audition them.

Meanwhile HERE is how if Audiophile stampede the showrooms will look like :p

Enjoy the audio journey
Regards and all the best to sam_007 :)
No half hearted recommendations!!! :)

Thanks a lot for all your valuable inputs/suggestions and experience shared.
Related to the Emit 20 on sale, when I reached the FM, it was already sold.
Now I am leaning towards QX-2(It is well within my initial budget).

Now I am searching for a matching stereo amplifier, my budget here is 25K.
Please suggest if Marantz PM5005 can drive it properly? Or suggest any other similar amp.

Q acoustics 3030i, never listened to this model but had 3020i and loved it. But dynaudio emit would better both I think,cant go wrong with a dyn Last week listened to a dynaudio contour 1.4 LE and so far the best BS speakers I ever heard.

Have a used pair of QUAD 11L ACTIVE bookshelf speakers for sale. Asking price 25k. If of interest let me know & I shall provide you the details. I am based in Mumbai.

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions.
Finally I ordered QX 2 :)
Will run a separate thread for the matching a

Thanks a lot for all your valuable inputs/suggestions and experience shared.
Related to the Emit 20 on sale, when I reached the FM, it was already sold.
Now I am leaning towards QX-2(It is well within my initial budget).

Now I am searching for a matching stereo amplifier, my budget here is 25K.
Please suggest if Marantz PM5005 can drive it properly? Or suggest any other similar amp.
Get a PM6006/7 as a bare minimum to drive the QX2 optimally. If you can get hold of a pre owned Yamaha A-S 500/501/700/701, sounds great with missions.

Mission QX-2! Period! Clearly a cut above your other shortlisted speakers and then some.

Their sound is supreme (comparable, if not better than my Wharfedale Evo 4.2 and KEF Q350 which are both more than double the price) and they look like a million bucks with their build quality being second to none for speakers below 1L that I've compared them with(better than the Quad S5, KEF Q350, Wharfedale Evo 4.2, Q Acoustics concept). And they sounded incredible while being paired with one of the cheapest receivers (and not even a full fledged stereo amplifier) out there - Marantz NR1509.

I'm surprised there isn't a stampede of customers cleaning out the QX-2 from stores while they last.
Hello @DB1989

What is the amp (and speaker cable) connected to QX 2 when you heard it last time or which amp you suggest will match/drive properly the QX2s?

Again, just because a product is exceptionally good does not necessarily mean that they always achieve the success (or audience) that they deserve.
It's true. Many a times seriously good products don't get the attention they deserve due to lack of visibility (such as Grado headphones). Many a times there is brand stigma that prevents people to take products seriously (such as Bose, Wharfedale).

Hello @DB1989

What is the amp (and speaker cable) connected to QX 2 when you heard it last time or which amp you suggest will match/drive properly the QX2s?
I heard it through a rather feeble Marantz NR1509. To drive them properly, speaking purely from experience, a Marantz PM6006 should be enough considering how well the Marantz NR1509 managed to hold its own at decent volumes. The PM6006 is pretty adept at handling my KEF Q350s and Avo 4.2s so i daresay it should face any problems with the missions. You may be able to get one for around 29K new if you hunt around both online and offline. However, something better never hurts but it would require a substantial step up since there don't seem to be many competitive amps between the 30-50k range.

Speaker cables were humble amazon basics ones. However, I'd say go for DAC 12 AWG or preferably 10AWG which is available on hifimart.

Last edited:
I heard it through a rather feeble Marantz NR1509. To drive them properly, speaking purely from experience, a Marantz PM6006 should be enough considering how well the Marantz NR1509 managed to hold its own at decent volumes. The PM6006 is pretty adept at handling my KEF Q350s and Avo 4.2s so i daresay it should face any problems with the missions. You may be able to get one for around 29K new if you hunt around both online and offline. However, something better never hurts but it would require a substantial step up since there don't seem to be many competitive amps between the 30-50k range.

Speaker cables were humble amazon basics ones. However, I'd say go for DAC 12 AWG or preferably 10AWG which is available on hifimart.
Thanks for the helpful information.
I have searched PM6006 online but could not find anywhere below 34900.
It will be a kind help if you could provide any online and/or offline source/contacts where I can get it around 29K, so I can reach out to them.

Here is the RMS power output for PM6006:
40 W x 2 (8 Ω/ohms load)
and for NR1509 :
50 W + 50 W (8 Ω/ohms, 20 Hz – 20 kHz with 0.08 % T.H.D.)(front)

6006 has lower power than 1509, as per the specs, so can 6006 drive QX2 properly?

Since you already have a DAC, probably you could consider the Crown 1502 professional power amp which retails for less than 25,000 in Amazon

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back