Need suggestions for VFM speaker wire & IC

gurubhai

I recently bought a Marantz 4003 & Tannoy F1 custom speakers.
I shall be expanding the system to 5.1 soon.

I need suggestion for good quality, VFM wires & ICs.

I have been looking at DAC wire 14AWG ( rs.85 per metre) for my setup.
They also have a PCOCC wire priced at rs.600 per metre . I am tempted to get these for fronts. Would they be worth the cost ?

Are their other alternatives for a reasonable budgets ?

PS : If you know dealers for cable/IC in delhi, please let me know.

Get DAC 14 or 16 for surrounds and 12 or 14 for fronts/center.

If you are buying the PCOCCOCCOC (whatever) cable, please do a blind test alongside the DAC cables and let us know if you find any difference. I don't expect any :lol:

BTW, congrats on your purchase and I hope you will enjoy it without bothering too much about the cables.

Get DAC 14 or 16 for surrounds and 12 or 14 for fronts/center.

If you are buying the PCOCCOCCOC (whatever) cable, please do a blind test alongside the DAC cables and let us know if you find any difference. I don't expect any :lol:

BTW, congrats on your purchase and I hope you will enjoy it without bothering too much about the cables.

I second Skumars suggestions. You could also check out options like Bandridge, Eagle etc

thanks people for suggestions. I shall look into them.

@ helium : thanks for offer. I shall be in touch witu you soon.

marantz 4003 and tannoy f1 with 600rs/met wire seems overkill

the dac seems better choice
if you can get belden thats good too and so is WICAB
if you have a good budget SUPRA would be an ideal choice at 350rs / metre (not sure about the price though-350 was older price for 12 gauge equivalent)

for the surrounds and centre you can look for cheaper wire too

P.S i would sugest you buy Cu wire only -No silverplating etc.
your system is detailed and lively anyway, you dont need any extran zing or pep that silver would give you
same advice for IC's

I have pretty much decided on DAC cables for my rear speakers.

Since I will probably need only about 2-3m wire to connect my front speakers, so I was considering cables upto 500/m for them.
I am also looking for good RCA cables to connect my Xonar D2X soundcard to the amplifier.
@ Magma : Do you have any idea where I can find the cables mentioned by you in delhi?

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back