Need Suggestions on 5.1 HT Setup Wharfedale+Denon

rajudhs

Hi Fellow Members,

The upgrade bug has bitten me and i want to upgrade my existing HT Setup.

I have currently a Onkyo HTS 3300 HT 5.1 setup, which i want to replace.

I am more inclined to following combination:

1: Wharfedale DIAMOND 10.1(Front Speakers Pair)
2: Wharfedale DIAMOND 10.CS (Centre Speaker)
3: Wharfedale DIAMOND 10.DFS (Surround Pair)
4: Wharfedale DIAMOND SW-150 (Sub)
5: Denon AVR-X1000 AV Receiver (5.1 Receiver)

My primary requirement is for Movies and occasionally for Audio, mostly Rock Music.
I don't listen much music at home and only in my car, while driving for work.

My budget is around 1L to 1.10L

Any better suggestions?? at this price range?

Any AV dealers in Bangalore who can give the best prices for these Brands, and auditions?

You suggestions and help is truly appreciated.

Last edited:
If the HT is mostly for movies than for music, I would suggest audition polk audio as well, TSx 440 or 330,(fronts) TSx150C,(center), TSx 110B,(Rear) PSW125 (SUB).

I was more impressed as far as movies goes with polk than Wharf. (it was absolutely opposite when it came to music. wharf to my ears were far superior to polk when 10.4 fronts were used to play music in stereo)

BTW I currently also own Onkyo 6200 HTiB. And did an upgrade to proper HT deciding with polk over wharf and few other (within my budget), with DENON AVR X1000 as my AVR and EPSON 2030 as the projector... :)

Last edited:
By the Way my HT room size is 10 feet X 13 Feet

For movies only system, you are better off with BS + Sub (or) Sat + Sub combo... You can consider Sonodyne Avant range of speakers.....They are good sensitive satellite speakers which can easily fill your room of your size of 11 x 13....

Avant LCR 250 x 3 for fronts and center, Avant 150 x 2 for surrounds.....

Avant 150 x 4 for front and surrounds, Avant LCR 250 for center....

If you are short on budget, upgrade your speakers first (5.0) & then later upgrade your AVR....

what about Yamaha in place of Denon? any suggestions?

and any comparisons and which is better among Denon vs Yamaha

what about Yamaha in place of Denon? any suggestions?

and any comparisons and which is better among Denon vs Yamaha

There is no clear winner between Onkyo Vs Yamaha Vs Denon Vs Marantz Vs Pioneer.... All have there own character....

Choose the one that is close to your budget & the requirements that you are looking for....

finally purchased Denon AVR-X1000 + Wharfedale DIAMOND 10.1,10.CS,10.DFS,SW-150

from [email protected] JP Nagar Bangalore.

He is very nice to deal with and has given the best price possible, with all vendors i interacted.

Loving the system, especially after upgrading from Onkyo HTS3300 HTiB :) Its a big jump.

finally purchased Denon AVR-X1000 + Wharfedale DIAMOND 10.1,10.CS,10.DFS,SW-150

from [email protected] JP Nagar Bangalore.

He is very nice to deal with and has given the best price possible, with all vendors i interacted.

Loving the system, especially after upgrading from Onkyo HTS3300 HTiB :) Its a big jump.

Congrats.... Post some pics of your setup & share your feedback....

I dont think its fair to reveal the prices in a wider forum. But will give some info :)

The MRP For these are following:

Wharfedale DIAMOND 10.1 = 24000
Wharfedale DIAMOND 10.CS = 20000
Wharfedale DIAMOND 10.DFS = 19000
Wharfedale DIAMOND SW-150 = 32000
Denon AVR-X1000 AV Receiver = 41250
TOTAL = 136250

Hifi-mart was the 3rd cheapest of all vendors that i approached. @1,18,000
(this pack is available in their website and is public)
Vector Systems and HTStore were giving @couple of thousands lesser.

I finally took from HTStore, as its very near to my residence and easy to deal with and price was the least i could get.

will post the picks of my HT room shortly.

Last edited:
Hi Raghava Raju, that's one very good tidy looking HT room. Particularly management of space been fantastic and also the aesthetics and looks are wonderful. Did you engaged professionals to do the setup and designing or you did these all by yourself?

I really love it.

I finally took from HTStore, as its very near to my residence and easy to deal with and price was the least i could get.

I too live very near to HTStore :eek:hyeah:. I am residing at Sai Enclave, Near M.S. Ramaiah City for some time.

Jai,

Thank you for the compliments :)

This has been a slow and gradual build up, all by me in last 1.5 Yrs, no professional help.

Last few days spent night outs, to do the neat and tidy cabling, which is the biggest mess.

By the way, i uploaded one more photo to show, how the couch can be easily moved, when the room is not in movie watching mode :). The room seconds as my home office.

congrats.......good choice :) must be a great feeling going from a HTIB to a full 5.1 system. Love the blue and red colour treatment, they enhance the overall impact.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back