Need to buy 2.1 Speaker, Any Suggetions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using Intel DP45SG motherboard, now currently discontinued, No more driver updates.
My doubt is PC output ok or Enhance the Output to add on Soundcard (Internal+External)

An external or internal Sound card will almost always improve the sound than the on-board solution. How much you want to spend on a DAC/Soundcard is the real question. Depending on your budget choices will vary wildly.

For PC listening an Asus Xonar D2X or above will do very well. There are cheaper options as well if you want.

Schiit Modi 2 as suggested by others is a great option if you wish to go the external DAC way, in cheap Fiio offers some very good VFM external USB DACs. Choices are a plenty, do your research and choose the one you prefer.

An external or internal Sound card will almost always improve the sound than the on-board solution. How much you want to spend on a DAC/Soundcard is the real question. Depending on your budget choices will vary wildly.

For PC listening an Asus Xonar D2X or above will do very well. There are cheaper options as well if you want.

Schiit Modi 2 as suggested by others is a great option if you wish to go the external DAC way, in cheap Fiio offers some very good VFM external USB DACs. Choices are a plenty, do your research and choose the one you prefer.

I like to buy External only for usage of PC,TV & Headphone..budget is below 5k.
I dont no which better External Sound Card and DAC also in btween difference.

Honestly i don't think you would need a dac or soundcard if you are going with the speakers discussed. Agreed that it does make a difference but it wont be so much for such set-up.

A decent dac would cost almost as much as you plan to spend on the speakers. And the improvement would completely depend on the speakers you choose. Most of the multimedia speakers have 3.1 headphone jack input to connect and hence you anyway have hassle of connecting the speakers to dac.

Speakers like audioengine have inbuild dac but they are not available easily in india. Also the cost of it would be equal to speaker+dac combo.

If you still want to go ahead with soundcard or dac, I suggest ESI Juli@ (check in ebay) for soundcard and schiit for dac in your budget. But given they are slightly beyond your budget, get the speakers first and then strenghthen the chain with dac or soundcard as you go about it in future.

Happy hunting!

^^^^ There are already some very decent suggestions, and I agree with SwaroopKS, with the speakers discussed here I dont think, you need a DAC. Most of the spks discussed here have inbuilt amp and hence you would not require anything extra. You need to audition as much as you can before you decide, people can recommend but, the only way you can make a decision is via auditioning.

Please do try to audition Harman kardon Sound Stick III, they are excellent desktop 2.1 speakers ...

Last edited:
@sam9s

I need your suggestions..

Awaiting for reply..

shreeux I am getting below message while sending PM to you kindly check ...

"shreeux has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

shreeux I am getting below message while sending PM to you kindly check ...

"shreeux has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

I am enable in User Control Panel..Check and Confirm.,

^^^^ There are already some very decent suggestions, and I agree with SwaroopKS, with the speakers discussed here I dont think, you need a DAC. Most of the spks discussed here have inbuilt amp and hence you would not require anything extra. You need to audition as much as you can before you decide, people can recommend but, the only way you can make a decision is via auditioning.

Please do try to audition Harman kardon Sound Stick III, they are excellent desktop 2.1 speakers ...

As per SwaroopKS along with all member discussion, FInally select to buy

Logitech Z623 2.1 for movies>>games,

later to buy Swans D1080-IV -2.0 for my PC only,

Every one suggest Harman kardon Sound Stick III not for Movies and Games.,

Personally I hated Logitech .. :), but if its good to ur ears, who cares .. :)

Personally I hated Logitech .. :), but if its good to ur ears, who cares .. :)

Better than Logitech anything?

I never auditioned anything also i am not a great audiophile person, So buy the right product select through Senior or Experienced audiophile forum members from here...:)

^^ you would be doing the biggest mistake of your life if you will choose a product like this ....... there is no easy way or shortcut to this, Google,,,,, find dealers,,,,,, call them,,,,, take appointment,,,,,, and audition the setups ..... only then decide ...

After 2 months...Finally ready to buy Swans D1080-IV -2.0 for my PC, Other than any alternative..

As per SwaroopKS along with all member discussion, FInally select to buy

Logitech Z623 2.1 for movies>>games,

later to buy Swans D1080-IV -2.0 for my PC only,

Every one suggest Harman kardon Sound Stick III not for Movies and Games.,

After 2 months...Finally ready to buy Swans D1080-IV -2.0 for my PC, Other than any alternative..

:)

swans is a very good speaker company. I would place every mode of their speakers above Logitech speakers any day. But but but, your preference is Movies>Game>Music, so, you are literally looking for a speaker that can play loud and go low.
So, in this situation, I will recommend you the Logitech. The Logitech's can play loud (ignore the distortion) and produce more bang for movies.
But if you are looking for clarity, good imaging etc, then you will have to choose the swans any day, but you will loose loudness (distorted though) and boomy loud bass (which most people on a very limited budget prefer over tight but less bass!)

Last edited:
swans is a very good speaker company. I would place every mode of their speakers above Logitech speakers any day. But but but, your preference is Movies>Game>Music, so, you are literally looking for a speaker that can play loud and go low.
So, in this situation, I will recommend you the Logitech. The Logitech's can play loud (ignore the distortion) and produce more bang for movies.
But if you are looking for clarity, good imaging etc, then you will have to choose the swans any day, but you will loose loudness (distorted though) and boomy loud bass (which most people on a very limited budget prefer over tight but less bass!)

I was plan to buy 2.0 for my PC & 2.1 for TV.

For my PC buy Swan

For TV-Logitech Z623

Mostly movies watched in TV only.,

Not sure about the difference in sound quality between the VERSION 4 LESSER MODEL and the VERSION 2 HIGHER MODEL.
For look the 200 is unbeatable, but for sound quality, my guess is again the mk200. Just my prediction.

Sent from my XT1052 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back