Need to buy a new HT

Ok Guys finally made the plunge. Purchased Onkyo 3500.

Great to know Andy. How much you paid for this ?
Please try to post review and your experience of Onkyo 3500. And pictures of your set-up as well.
I'm also considering Onkyo 3500 as my first AVR + HT purchase :)

Great to know Andy. How much you paid for this ?
Please try to post review and your experience of Onkyo 3500. And pictures of your set-up as well.
I'm also considering Onkyo 3500 as my first AVR + HT purchase :)
Rs 26,000 is what I purchased this for.
Too be honest I'm very noob when it comes to audio etc so not sure if my review is going to be so detailed and may not sound like a techie/audiophile.
But if you think otherwise I can post a review along with the pics for sure.

Too be honest I'm very noob when it comes to audio etc so not sure if my review is going to be so detailed and may not sound like a techie/audiophile.

26k is a really good price..........all the best!!!

Thanks Andy. just be Bindaas and post the review and pics as you feel. Even I'm a noob and just a beginner, just trying to learn as much as I can from this forum and its members. There are lot of great Audiophiles and experts on this forum who can always correct us, if we go wrong somewhere !

Hi Andy78,

I m living in Hyderabad too.I m planing to buy a home theater. So much confuse in Onkyo 3500 & Pioneer HTP-RS 30 models.I m waiting for ur review. Please post ur feed back about Onkyo 3500.

Hi Andy78,

I m living in Hyderabad too.I m planing to buy a home theater. So much confuse in Onkyo 3500 & Pioneer HTP-RS 30 models.I m waiting for ur review. Please post ur feed back about Onkyo 3500.

Satish I was in the same dliemna that you are in for over one month. I wasn't able to get any inputs online about the Pioneer model. Me and my wife in particular was very impressed with the Pioneer model but I guess the price was a factor since it costed 36k and also the Reliance guy was saying it doesn't support 3D Sound. So had to opt for Onkyo based on the feedback given here. I liked Onkyo but my wife not that much. I haven't really used all the features so didn't post my review yet. Will post soon.
Where in Hyderabad?

Satish I was in the same dliemna that you are in for over one month. I wasn't able to get any inputs online about the Pioneer model. Me and my wife in particular was very impressed with the Pioneer model but I guess the price was a factor since it costed 36k and also the Reliance guy was saying it doesn't support 3D Sound. So had to opt for Onkyo based on the feedback given here. I liked Onkyo but my wife not that much. I haven't really used all the features so didn't post my review yet. Will post soon.
Where in Hyderabad?

Hi Andy.................you did a wise thing by going for ONKYO. Its a future ready receiver with all the latest features and technology you would ever need in the future. It is 3D ready and also supports a lot of new features that is not available on the Pioneer.

In due course of time, you can always replace the speaker system and still use the same onkyo receiver, if you want feel you need better speakers.

Hi Andy.................you did a wise thing by going for ONKYO. Its a future ready receiver with all the latest features and technology you would ever need in the future. It is 3D ready and also supports a lot of new features that is not available on the Pioneer.

In due course of time, you can always replace the speaker system and still use the same onkyo receiver, if you want feel you need better speakers.

The bolded text is what made us finally opt for Onkyo. I'm pretty much satisfied with it but my wife still needs to accept that it's a good piece. She says it's not worth that much price.

Well maybe after I set it up with the required wires etc will prove her wrong.

I mean most of the guys out here recommend this so obviously kuch to hoga?

Congrats on your purchase !!

And thanks for posting the pics too...now enjoy your theatre experience :)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back