Need to buy a new HT

andy78

Guys I currently have Sony Home Theater but due to unavailability of Optical In port I'm not able to get desired sound quality when I play something from my newly purchased Samsung 46 " LED TV. Hence I'm planning to go for a brand new HT. The budget is between 20k- 30k.

Current Home Theater System: DAV DZ151 KB
Current TV: Samsung D6000 46"
The models I think which I may go for based on the reviews here are
Onkyo 3400
Onkyo 3500.

Can someone help me choose the best one?

Guys I currently have Sony Home Theater but due to unavailability of Optical In port I'm not able to get desired sound quality when I play something from my newly purchased Samsung 46 " LED TV. Hence I'm planning to go for a brand new HT. The budget is between 20k- 30k.

Current Home Theater System: DAV DZ151 KB
Current TV: Samsung D6000 46"
The models I think which I may go for based on the reviews here are
Onkyo 3400
Onkyo 3500.

Can someone help me choose the best one?

I am not sure how much does polk audio blackstone cost in India ! If that falls in ur budget you could consider that too.

the onkyo HT-S3500 is perfect for your requirement and also fits your budget. The 3400 now has been replaced with the 3500 which has been recently launched in India. In this price range, this is the BEST deal you can get for a 5.1 system. Yes, if you want to extend your budget then there are other options but for now just go with the 3500.

Yesterday I checked the 3500 model at one of the electronic outlets. Was not that much impressed but that could be due to the speakers not aligned properly. This was at TMC Hyderabad.
Checked at other outlets and they were telling it's out of stock.

Guys also wanted to check if at all I go for this can I play the movies from the USB port of the TV or should I plan to buy a standalone DVD Player/Media Player?

^^. You need to connect the optical out of your tv to optical in of AVR and you can play movies in 5.1 sound.

Yesterday I checked the 3500 model at one of the electronic outlets. Was not that much impressed but that could be due to the speakers not aligned properly. This was at TMC Hyderabad.
Checked at other outlets and they were telling it's out of stock.

Guys also wanted to check if at all I go for this can I play the movies from the USB port of the TV or should I plan to buy a standalone DVD Player/Media Player?

^^. You need to connect the optical out of your tv to optical in of AVR and you can play movies in 5.1 sound.

Actually I know that I can play it from the USB Port of TV onto the AVR but I was just checking which is better

Tv-> AVR directly
or
TV->HDPlayer/DVDPlayer->AVR

If I connect directly from TV to AVR the quality maybe better coz there isn;t anything in between but the TV inbuilt may not be able to encode etc that good as compared to having some good Player in between.

Guys how is this model Pioneer HTP RS 30.
My wife seems to like this more than Onkyo 3500.
Any suggestions?

The pioneer is for 44k the onkyo is 26k.............there is a price difference. If you can stretch your budget then there are other options as well. For 26k you cant beat the onkyo HT-S3500.

The pioneer is for 44k the onkyo is 26k.............there is a price difference. If you can stretch your budget then there are other options as well. For 26k you cant beat the onkyo HT-S3500.

Too be honest I'm not sure whether I mentioned this before but some time back when we visited the Reliance Digital showroom we were blown by the Performance of this same model from Pioneer and that is the time we got a thought on buying this some time later.
Now after checking couple of HTS my wife found this Pioneer to be really impressive and the price was Rs 36k. I'm pretty Happy with the Onkyo 3500. But by shelling more 10k if I really get a good piece I don't mind it.

Just need some feedback from you guys regarding the Pioneer model.

Guys I'm planning to extend the budget.
So I'm looking for budget between Rs 25k-35k.
My wife not happy with Onkyo 3500. She preferred Pioneer model HTP RS 30 which costs around 35k.
I'm sure there are many guys out there who can help me on this.

Come on guys 540 Views and hardly 2-3 guys responding.
I thought people in here are helpful and want to share their inputs.

The onkyo is packed with all the latest technology and is future proof. Have a look :
HT-S3500 | ONKYO Asia and Oceania Website

Some of the new features it supports are : HDMI Support for 3D, Audio Return Channel, DeepColor, x.v.Color, LipSync, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD, Multichannel PCM, and CEC.

The Pioneer is an older system but will sound more powerful because of the Front Tower speakers. Its unfair to compare Towers to Satellite speakers. . The only thing is you need to spend alot more typically on towers but they are worth it. With larger drivers they will give you a complete sound range other than just the highs out of the satellites.

If you listen to a lot of music then tower speaker are ideal. If you have space limitation then satellites are ideal. If your interest is mainly watching movies and tight on budget then go for satellite speakers.

If you want new technology like 3D, etc.............go with onkyo. Also the onkyo receiver might be better. If given a choice I would go with towers over satellites.

If you go for Onkyo, you get a really good future ready receiver. Later on if you want to get towers, you can always upgrade your speakers with the same receiver.

If you want new technology like 3D, etc.............go with onkyo. Also the onkyo receiver might be better. If given a choice I would go with towers over satellites.

If you go for Onkyo, you get a really good future ready receiver. Later on if you want to get towers, you can always upgrade your speakers with the same receiver.

Your suggestion looks confusing to me at one hand you are suggesting to go for Onkyo on the other hand you aer saying if given choice you would have gone for Satellite towers which I think only Pioneer has.

So you are trying to say if you had an option you would have preferred Tower speaker with Onkyo setup?

Your suggestion looks confusing to me at one hand you are suggesting to go for Onkyo on the other hand you aer saying if given choice you would have gone for Satellite towers which I think only Pioneer has.

So you are trying to say if you had an option you would have preferred Tower speaker with Onkyo setup?

Onkyo has a better receiver but Pioneer has better speakers. You need to decide what is more imp to you. Only you can make that decision.

Guys how is this model Pioneer HTP RS 30.
My wife seems to like this more than Onkyo 3500.
Any suggestions?
Well once again checked this model Pioneer HTP RS 30. Was really impressed overall the price as mentioned is 36k. But the Reliance guy was saying it doesn't support 3D. I was not sure what he is trying to convey. He is however saying that if we connect two cables then it will support 3D whereas with Onkyo I just need HDMI cable.
I hope someone here clarifies on this part.

Onkyo has a better receiver but Pioneer has better speakers. You need to decide what is more imp to you. Only you can make that decision.
Aakash are you referring to the specific model of Pioneer that I have mentioned.
Can you please let me know if I don't want to go for Onkyo what are my other options. And if Onkyo what are the main reasons that I need to go for it?

Back