Need to Order Onkyo 709 but need help 1st.

yahoo0212

Hi.. I am planning to get the Onkyo 709 from amazon.com thru one of my frnd.... but while browsing across d forum....... I came across this thread

http://www.hifivision.com/surround-amplifiers-receivers/18607-onkyo-nr709-step-down-issue-2.html

prasannas had issues with 'not powering up' the 709.
Does anybody know if that issue was resolved because I see that there were no further replies on that thread Onkyo NR709 - step down issue

Or if anyone else has experienced such issues, please share.
Then I might hav to get the 609. I was looking for 709 because its feature loaded.. especially these over the 609
1. Pre Outs
2. Multi EQ XT (609 has only Multi EQ 2Ch ... no EQ for Subwoofer, which i feel is very essential)
3. Multi channel input might come use from some dvd players

please share yr opinions ,,

thanks

Don't know about the other one but since you are geting it through a friend, he can always test it there. Then all you need is a good transformer.

The chances that you will face same issue should be remote.

Or you can always try to get it from amazon.de, which seems popular here.

Hi,
Denon AVR1912 is better option for you.
Here is comparison chart for your use.
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1MJnm9Fo4kCajVsYzJQb3lUMXlhSUE5UGswUWJOQQ

Ravi Macha
TechArt Home Theater

AVR1912 is better option for you.........How ?? ny particular reasons ?
FROM the AVR ...My usage is 80% movies and 20% music
As I alreeady have a dedicated 2Ch amp for music... I guess onkyo shd be it.. for movies.. Although I havent auditioned MS Aviano s with Onkyo,, I auditioned Onkyo 609 with Elac s ... the experience was better than denon 1912..

I read that 709 is compared to Demon 2312, not 1912. Moreover 1912 does not have MultiEQ XT, which OP requires.

Tats true.. I was contemplating between the 609 and 709 but ,,, the 609 has Multi EQ but its jus 2Ch.. no Subwoofer calibration... Although Denon 1912 also has MultiEq but no preouts ... and moreover my use is 80% for movies and even denon is priced higher than 609 or 709.. on amazon.com ..and since someone s coming from USA to india, don want to miss d opportunity of getting d amp at such a good price. ;) ;)
I hope I hav justified my opinion for getting the onkyo against d denon..!! ;)

Last edited:
I have one confusion, In onkyo 609 there is Multi EQ 2channel,, does this mean that we cannot manually change the crossover of the Subwoofer?? and surrounds ?(does the crossover remains fixed?? because in the description of M.EQ 2ch it says Subwoofer channel cannot be calibrated..?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back