Need URGENT help - high-quality amp builders in Delhi?

flood

Hey there everybody, and good morning from Bombay.

I have a rather pressing matter - a friend of mine from Delhi is the proud owner of a very high quality guitar amplifier - a Bogner XTC - that has a bit of an issue with its standby circuit. there seems to be some sort of overheating problem somewhere in the low-level DC circuits.

Bogner does not have a dealer or support of any kind in the country, i did attempt to fix it and it worked temporarily, but the problem just cropped back again.

Because of this, I'm looking for a GOOD - and by good i mean knowledgeable, neat, meticulous - person who is well versed with tube amplifiers and electronics on the whole who could take a look at the amp. I've advised my friend to steer clear of music stores and their self-proclaimed technicians, as well as run-of-the-mill repair shops. if you could be so kind and help me here, i'd be rather grateful.

Thanks to all in advance!

Do you have the circuit diagrams of the said amp? Hopefully our senior members who are into DIY will be able to help you.

sadly, no. bogner is extremely secretive about the XTC. we do have bits and pieces of the semiconductors though. i doubt it's a flaw uin the logic - i think it has to do with the power regulation circuit (7812 and TIP32) for the LEDs, preamp tube heaters and relays. something is causing them to overheat massively and go into thermal shut down.

replacing them with new ones worked for a couple of hours, then the problem just showed up again and has persisted since.

what i find puzzling is the fact that the bogner XTC is widely regarded as one of the best amps in production, and are routinely taken around the world by performing musicians at arena gigs. sad that they're made on a PCB with only the component side easily accessible.

Get in touch with Viren Bakshi of Lyrita Audio and he might be of some help to you. You can find his contact information on his website by the same name i.e Lyrita Audio (just google it).

hey, i know ansar of BE3 pretty well. but bombay on the whole, forget new bombay, is simply not happening.... if bombay was an option i'd take another look at it myself.

will check with viren (or rather, have the owner give him a call).

Oh noes , flood ? Like floodcat from the RSJ forums ? You might remember me from my failed attempt at making the Sanamp GT2. My id was alcatraz/heaven's_alcatraz on the forums.

There's a lot for you here as well-the DIY section for one, of course ! :)

No substitute for RSJ Musings though. ;)

Oh noes , flood ? Like floodcat from the RSJ forums ? You might remember me from my failed attempt at making the Sanamp GT2. My id was alcatraz/heaven's_alcatraz on the forums.

There's a lot for you here as well-the DIY section for one, of course ! :)

No substitute for RSJ Musings though. ;)

hahahahahahahhahaahahahhaahhahahahhahahah holy crap!!!!!1!!one!!

wtf are you doing here buddy? never finished that sansamp, did you?

good to see someone who remembers the glory days, don't think my lolcats and memes would be too welcome on this forum :D

hahahahahahahhahaahahahhaahhahahahhahahah holy crap!!!!!1!!one!!

wtf are you doing here buddy? never finished that sansamp, did you?

good to see someone who remembers the glory days, don't think my lolcats and memes would be too welcome on this forum :D

Haha ! No, I never did, also the Squier & Micro Cube both are packed and safe at home. Been a long time since I played 'em. More of listening than making music these days (hence on this forum ! ).

What about you man ? How've you been doing (is there a new home for the flood-guitar-geek-DIY-thread...I forgot the name?!) What happened to all the others ! Its been terrible, after the death of the forums. lol.

Maybe a lolcat here and there, with subtle captions should be fine !

hah, have been going overboard since then. built a couple of tube amps, including a little hi-fi one for my dad, am working on a modded soldano design and have 6 amps in the planning stage (9 including hi-fi monoblocks). still doing stompboxes, etc. etc. need to document everything sometime, make clips, etc. don't have anything up yet except this: SoundClick artist: Aditya Nandwana - page with MP3 music downloads (i'm not playing on any of those clips though)

i have a few random pics on my facebook, but none of the stompers and only 1 of the amps....

ahhhh you guys are from the RSJ forums? I was on them when they launched. i was a moderator for a bit in the early days. Of course I disappeared after a bit. I was a gigpad loyalist before that.

ahhhh you guys are from the RSJ forums? I was on them when they launched. i was a moderator for a bit in the early days. Of course I disappeared after a bit. I was a gigpad loyalist before that.

haha no way! the whole gang's here! weren't you part of the PRAkesh crew?

that was some of the funniest stuff i've ever seen on the internets.

Haha, more of such members show up, who knows some of the old timers might just get a few links of this forum popping up in google !

@flood, wow , a multitude of projects lined up, brilliant ! Will check out the clips soon.

@psychotropic: what was your id ? ...there was a well-respected member with a similar id (as your current one here) on RSJ...he was a bassist, and I guess his real name was Ram ?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back