Netflix, now available in INDIA .....

I have unlimited 10 mbps plan so no worries of FUP..
FiveNet cable network
I wolud prefer to stick with DNS PROXY way..

My problem is the"FUP" and of course a Data limit ( & my Budget ) which for me is 30GB at 4 MB and 512K thereafter:
As per Netflix we could use 3-4 GB per hour that could easily translate to around 500GB per month.
How do you guys get around that ?

My FUP is 100 GB and I have done pretty decent binge watching, but I still somehow manage to get past the month. I dont watch Netflix everyday. I also have Amazon Prime Video so sometimes that is there. If you skip 4-5 days your average adds up pretty high, enough to get a binge watching go for a day or two. PLUS netflix is not always 1080p. 20-30% of the time its 720p for me, which also takes less bandwidth.

Per this you need 5 mbps for HD (assuming you don't need 4K and there is little 4K content anyways). I'm pretty certain they overstate requirements so it should work with 4 mbps and that should be met even after FUP for most packages.

More info @ https://help.netflix.com/en/node/306

Going by this info 5mbps is like 5*60=300mbpm*60=18000mbph which comes to 2250 MB/Hour comes to 2.19 GB/Hour ..... assuming that you are always at full 1080p, which is not usually the case.

Is there some sample contents with netflix which I can watch and then decide? Anyway, my net is 5mbps till 20GB and 1mbps beyond that, which will not be able to support it for long :(

There is no sample content, you can create an account, first month is free so use it. feel it, and see if you wanna continue else cancel the subscription before month ends...

I think your expectations are in the wrong direction ..... Netflix is not about famous or latest, its about greatest .... :)

I had recently subscribed it @ $1.17 per year.
https://stacksocial.com/sales/getflix-lifetime?utm_source=StackSocial+Deals+Newsletter&utm_campaign=Tech_Welcome_User_2015&utm_medium=email

$39 for lifetime (30 years). Additional 10% off for 1st time buy at StackSocial.
So final price $35.1.

They may start this deal again...watch out.

Getflix has a problem, its DNS server goes down sometimes , well the singapore DNS server went down 3 times today for me and I was not able to access Internet. This is never the case with SmartDNSProxy. Been using it for two years and never for even one day any DNS server went down. I am switching back to SmartDNS.

Yes, use whatever you are happy with. Last 1.5 months of Getflix for me was no problem. I use the India (Pune) servers.

Is it possible to share Rs. 650 package by four persons? Each person can use it at more than one device (one at a time)?

It is not about how many devices, it is about how many people can stream simultaneously. With 650 plan only 2 people can stream simultaneously. So if you want to share with more than 2 people you will need great amount of coordination which is not worth it. If you want to share with 4 people, go with 800 plan

Oops. I meant Rs.800 plan for 4 persons. God know what I was thinking while typing Rs.650.

But it is possible. Right ?

Of course, all the persons know one device at a time, what else coordination?

It is not about how many devices, it is about how many people can stream simultaneously. With 650 plan only 2 people can stream simultaneously. So if you want to share with more than 2 people you will need great amount of coordination which is not worth it. If you want to share with 4 people, go with 800 plan

It's about number of devices one can use simultaneously, as they have clearly mentioned on their pricing page: "Screens you can watch on at the same time" Basic: 1, Standard: 2, & Premium: 4 for @ Rs. 500, 650 and 800 respectively.
So 1 screen = 1 device.

What you can do is create different profiles for different users wanting to share one standard or premium account. Say 2 profiles for standard and 4 profiles for premium account. There will be only one user name and password.

Pathetic movies content as of now. I have more movies in my dvd collection. Hope netflix quickly catches up...

Oops. I meant Rs.800 plan for 4 persons. God know what I was thinking while typing Rs.650.

But it is possible. Right ?

Of course, all the persons know one device at a time, what else coordination?

Yes that is possible, and thats what we are doing in our US Netflix club, 4 people sharing one account.

Pathetic movies content as of now. I have more movies in my dvd collection. Hope netflix quickly catches up...

I beg to differ, unless you are talking about Bollywood, Netflix US at least has a great Movie and TV series content, specially TV series .....

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back