Netflix, now available in INDIA .....

Getflix has a problem, its DNS server goes down sometimes , well the singapore DNS server went down 3 times today for me and I was not able to access Internet. This is never the case with SmartDNSProxy. Been using it for two years and never for even one day any DNS server went down. I am switching back to SmartDNS.

To avoid issues in case something like this happens in the future, you should consider using two DNS addresses from different countries. I use India and Malaysia.

To avoid issues in case something like this happens in the future, you should consider using two DNS addresses from different countries. I use India and Malaysia.

One in primary and the other as secondary ...right ....? seems good advice. I wonder why I could not figure it myself ...:)

Kindly keep us updated here if Getfilx has lifetime offer running again..
My account with smart DNS is expiring in Feb -15, so I can switch over to Getfilx if it's really good

^^ I did not find any difference in the speeds of streaming ..... Getflix certainly has more features than SmartDNS, however with DNS server getting down, a couple of times on Getflix I am a bit skeptical of it now. keeping a Seconday should bring down the downtime I guess.

I getting the faster streaming with Region set to "India" in Getflix. The DNS Servers are set to 1. India and 2. Malaysia.

sam9s can you please check and advise if this works for you too?

I have tried other options with "US" region and "turn off" but streaming was slower then.

I signed up for the free month (650 plan) and tried many alternatives to stream NetFlix on my TV. The target was to use as few devices as possible.

1. Streaming directly on my Panasonic Viera GT20 did not work as the latest updates do not have NetFlix.

2. Steaming through my wireless enabled Pioneer BDP-180 also wasn't a viable option as only YouTube is offered at the moment.

3. Streaming via my Moto-X (HD supported) would give me HD, but Miracast would work only when I'm connected to the BDP and therefore no way to stream to the TV without using 3rd party apps.

4. Had to finally resort to connect my Nexus 10 to my AVR over HDMI. While this is expectedly worked, it meant keeping the device turned on all through.

I'm hoping that an update from Pioneer will provide Netflix under the web apps category. My ACT connection will definitely need an upgrade if I were to continue using Netflix beyond the free trial ( very very unlikely)

Last edited:
I signed up for the free month (650 plan) and tried many alternatives to stream NetFlix on my TV. The target was to use as few devices as possible.

1. Streaming directly on my Panasonic Viera GT20 did not work as the latest updates do not have NetFlix.

2. Steaming through my wireless enabled Pioneer BDP-180 also wasn't a viable option as only YouTube is offered at the moment.

3. Streaming via my Moto-X (HD supported) would give me HD, but Miracast would work only when I'm connected to the BDP and therefore no way to stream to the TV without using 3rd party apps.

4. Had to finally resort to connect my Nexus 10 to my AVR over HDMI. While this is expectedly worked, it meant keeping the device turned on all through.

I'm hoping that an update from Pioneer will provide Netflix under the web apps category. My ACT connection will definitely need an upgrade if I were to continue using Netflix beyond the free trial ( very very unlikely)

Get a Chromecast, its the simplest/easiest way to watch Netflix. Roku if you want more channels and content and in particular IPTV.

Best though would be if the TV had a native app... but most don't update their "smart" TVs beyond 6 months.

I getting the faster streaming with Region set to "India" in Getflix. The DNS Servers are set to 1. India and 2. Malaysia.

sam9s can you please check and advise if this works for you too?

I have tried other options with "US" region and "turn off" but streaming was slower then.

ok ..let me try that out and I will update.

Indian Media Player/DB Players would not be updated so soon with Netlix. So either buy something that has Netflix app, like a Minix or best and the fastest, and the cheapest way as well I presume is to get a chromecast. I have been using it (less for Netflix though as I already have Roku 3) but with native Netflix suppost netflix works absolutely perfect when cast via a browser or mobile/tab ...

Subscribed to 800 plan.

Tested on nexus 7, oneplus one, nexus 10, chromecast 2015

ans also my bro n uncle using my acct in orissa.

bett late than nev. at lad we got netflix in india

A bit disappointed with the content.

For example, AXN is showing Elementary Season 4, while Netflix has only two seasons; Greys Anatomy is my wife's favourite, and its missing.

While some like Jessica Jones is good and the original content is good, but I cant switch off my cable, which was my original thought.

Get a Chromecast, its the simplest/easiest way to watch Netflix. Roku if you want more channels and content and in particular IPTV. Best though would be if the TV had a native app... but most don't update their "smart" TVs beyond 6 months.

Indian Media Player/DB Players would not be updated so soon with Netlix. So either buy something that has Netflix app, like a Minix or best and the fastest, and the cheapest way as well I presume is to get a chromecast. I have been using it (less for Netflix though as I already have Roku 3) but with native Netflix suppost netflix works absolutely perfect when cast via a browser or mobile/tab ...

Thanks and I agree on the lethargic approach to updates. I'll probably go the Chormecast way, in case I do decide to reactivate my subscription in the future.

For now, the Pioneer BDP, together with the BD/DVD titles I have purchased over the last few years should keep me happy :)

A bit disappointed with the content.

For example, AXN is showing Elementary Season 4, while Netflix has only two seasons; Greys Anatomy is my wife's favourite, and its missing.

While some like Jessica Jones is good and the original content is good, but I cant switch off my cable, which was my original thought.

cable is pathetic, stupid and downright absurd when it comes to showing mature content. I literally despise Indian cable in this regard... Netflix might update seasons late, but atleast is not plagued with beeps and scenes cut in. Not to forget smoking and drinking banners floating on the top of the screen every single time there is even a slightest of cigarette shown on the screen.

As an example ......watching whose line is it anyway was a big time joke on comedy central ....

Last edited:
Looks like Netflix is adding new content day by day systematically
And my subscription may go beyond the first free month.
Purchased a new Apple TV for the same.

Looks like Netflix is adding new content day by day systematically
And my subscription may go beyond the first free month.
Purchased a new Apple TV for the same.

Hi,

I created an id and discovered that Netflix works rather well.

I found the choice of content rather spartan.

I could not find any of the serials or random movies I searched for.

I was expecting something like say applemusic for movies, was that rather naiive or does it get better after the free trial or something ?.

ciao
gr

There is nothing as largest, just different catalogue. Netflix India has a bit different content than other regions. now is that "different" better for you?? is subjective ... :).
Pesonaly I would like to keep the DNS route going so that I have access to all regions Netflix and can change it on my ease if I do not find any TV series/Movie on US region (which is my default)

what did you search for, Hollywood, Bollywod ..???

Hollywood only.

Searched for The Negotiator, the witness, Point Break eventually watched The Taking of Pelham 123, slept through Did You Hear About the Morgans? and silently suffered while the son laughed his way through National Security.

ciao
gr

Hollywood only.

Searched for The Negotiator, the witness, Point Break eventually watched The Taking of Pelham 123, slept through Did You Hear About the Morgans? and silently suffered while the son laughed his way through National Security.

ciao
gr

LOL... that was fun reading.

Reminded me of the time my dad and I used to binge watch all Hollywood flicks. At one time we had a 3-4 day Bond marathon of watching all Bond movies together.

Back