Netflix, now available in INDIA .....

+1 Sam9s bro..
I also don't watch international content on local channels..it sucks.. :(
My smart DNS account subscription ends on 5th February . I think I will have to renew it anyway. I feel they will surely find a way to tackle issue of Netflix blocking proxy connections..

folks, i tried to search for some popular titles like james bond series/ rambo series/ cliff hanger etc on random.. coudlnt find it on netflix. i log on to the netflix india through the ps3 app and no content. i am presently on the first month free and will shortly move away if we dont get anything

Netflix India has a long way to go, any how the way to enjoy full netflix is via DNS/VPN only, so you have all the region access. Which Bond Movie did you search?. Rambo series is available. Rambo 4 is in 45 regions like Argentina etc. Rambo 1,2 and 3 is on Canada Netflix. Cliffhanger is available on 6 Netflix regions, like Australia, Austria ...etc. So all I would do is to change the country to one of these enjoy the movie and roll back to my US region..... :)

UPDATE ::: India Netflix now included in SmartDNSProxy ..... so now you just need to change the region and you have India Netflix as well. BTW I also had a chat with their CC and the guy said that their engg are monitoring the Netflix servers and as soon as there is any fishi activity by Netflix they will have a counter-measure for it ...

Thanks for the update bro.. My subscription with smartDNS ending in few days so I will love to stick with their services only..

UPDATE ::: India Netflix now included in SmartDNSProxy ..... so now you just need to change the region and you have India Netflix as well. BTW I also had a chat with their CC and the guy said that their engg are monitoring the Netflix servers and as soon as there is any fishi activity by Netflix they will have a counter-measure for it ...
That's good news keeping my fingers crossed as I have renewed my subscription with Smart Dns proxy for 2 years.

Actually speaking price of Netflix is very very high......My relatives who are in US says that Netflix cost for US and India is same but looking to USA living standards and salary, its like buying peanuts in USA wereas in India we have to pay a pretty high amount which only few can afford.

Guess its for only crazy fans out there ..... :D ...On a serious note yes it does sound a bit expensive, BUT only as a stand alone membership. The way we do or we all should do is to form a club among 2-4 people and then share the cost. That way for us as well it becomes penuts ... comes to around 190 bucks/month and even if we add smartDNS price to it (110/month) it still is peanuts, but salted ... :D ...

is the offer still active ..... My subscription end time is still couple of months ahead .... but if there is any offer as such I might as well renew it now...

Last edited:
Actually I purposely waited till last day.. Initially they offered me 66% discount for 1 year & 70% for 2 years.. But on last day they added further discount when I proceeded for payment and it came out at 25 USD only..and I immediately grabbed it..:)

...lol guess I should wait for last day as well then ... :)

Last Sunday I purchased Samsung 55" UHD 4K TV. It has built in Netflix app but when I added Netflix US credentials in it,it says it could not find such account with this email.. I hv already configured my router and it works well with my Macbook,Wd live or iPhone but can't find a way to use TV's built in app..As all other app like YouTube, Toon TV etc works flawlessly.So, I feel built in Netflix app wolud work faster..if anyone has found a solution to this issue..plz guide me..

Last edited:
seems like the TV has hard coded DNS, its opening, India Netflix rather than US. Can you see if you can change DNS in your TV network settings. If no then its hardcoded ... if yes then something else is wrong...

Finally got it working.. I restarted everything - router & TV and...bingo..it started working...awesome picture quality on my 55" ultra HD 4K-TV..

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back