New acquisition - 4th EMT Turntable

anilva

Couldn't resist an EMT 938 turntable that came my way. Was in pretty bad condition. Had to completely refurbish every mechanical and electrical part. Tried maintaining the originality without any modification or repainting. Changed all the caps and recalibrated the boards to factory specs. Works wonderfully.

Need to add a MC daughter card for a MC cartridge.

Will be one of the proud possessions in my collection.

Attached is the picture.

Cheers
0fc9c47410b96358f63772f494333b95.jpg

Congrats Anilva. This truly must be your favourite of all the EMTs since youve personally refurbished and restored it back to original specs

Congrats Anilva. This truly must be your favourite of all the EMTs since youve personally refurbished and restored it back to original specs

Yes Prem. But for your help some of this wouldn't have been possible in terms of refurbishing. My sincere thanks to you.

Cheers

Anil,
Thank God, they came into your hands. I don't think there's anyone else who could have the experience to do a refurbishment of EMT like you since you have several EMT 938s.

Congratulations Anilva.

A 4th EMT! Where do you have the space to keep all your TTs! I have a tough time managing just one (though mine is a humble entry level Technics)

Phew, thats all I can say. Having visited your listening room with the already EMTs I can already imagine how this addition would look and sound. Surely the Godfather of great TTs you.

Well done mate!

Congratulations Anilva.

A 4th EMT! Where do you have the space to keep all your TTs! I have a tough time managing just one (though mine is a humble entry level Technics)

What space! Don't have space. This will be my 13 or 14 turntable in my collection! Just been in love and fascinated with TTs from my childhood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What space! Don't have space. This will be my 13 or 14 turntable in my collection! Just been in love and fascinated with TTs from my childhood.

Wow! that quite a number :clapping:

I know of FM Kurivillajacob owning quite a few TT, but you, Sir, probably top the list!

TT's are definitely timeless machines. The one I own is a 1977 Technics, and works perfectly

Hats of to your passion :clapping:

best,
apk

The EMT turntables are special. The manufacturers of EMT turntables have taken every aspect in their design to ensure the highest quality of reproduction. My mechanic was mentioning that there's a mute switch which gets activated the moment the green light indicating correct speed. This prevents any sound from the motor or any other part affecting the performance. This is one of the reasons for its success as the King of Turntables

The EMT turntables are special. The manufacturers of EMT turntables have taken every aspect in their design to ensure the highest quality of reproduction. My mechanic was mentioning that there's a mute switch which gets activated the moment the green light indicating correct speed. This prevents any sound from the motor or any other part affecting the performance. This is one of the reasons for its success as the King of Turntables

The mute function is not for improving sound etc. It's for broadcast purposes. It is required to output the signal for broadcast at the right cue point. It can also be disabled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn't resist an EMT 938 turntable that came my way. Was in pretty bad condition. Had to completely refurbish every mechanical and electrical part. Tried maintaining the originality without any modification or repainting. Changed all the caps and recalibrated the boards to factory specs. Works wonderfully.

Need to add a MC daughter card for a MC cartridge.

Will be one of the proud possessions in my collection.

Attached is the picture.

Cheers
0fc9c47410b96358f63772f494333b95.jpg
Wow. Just wow. Giving new life to something old is one of the greatest things anyone can do. And this looks jaw-droppingly good. Would love to see the before-after pics. Please share if you have.

Sent from my PLK-UL00 using Tapatalk

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back