Second EMT acquisition

I just want to make it clear here, that there is no special restoration that I did on these EMTs. You guys are giving me too much of credit.

The EMTs are built to run 24 x 7 with every part being replaceable to meet the demands of a studio environment. Therefore one can restore them back to almost new condition. Spares are costly as mentioned before, but available. For example the mc pre-pre daughter board costed me nearly 200 euro. Just the TSD headshell costed me 170 euro IIRC.

Cheers.

Your Rack Looks so Cool ... Great job

if you wish , you can use my MC Phono Pre to chk difference... its from sachin

i used it for Denon DL 160 cart ... it was awesome

Congrats and Keep looking at your rack .. ;)

Regards

Tanoj

Tanoj,

Thanks for your offer to try out the MC Phono pre. Appreciate the gesture. I do have quite a few of MC preamps and SUTs including the Sachin/Om version. My dilemma is not about MM vs. MC, but more in terms of what kind of match would EMT need. The choices are limited. The EMT TSD15, DL-103 or the Ortofon SPU are the options considering their high mass and low compliance designs. Except the DL-103, the other two are in the $1000 range.

Cheers.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back