New Bollywood Vinyl releases

Bought Mausam LP from Amazon, warped. Inner 3 songs are playable, sound like YouTube. Then realized it's Saregama. Money wasted.

I have the Abhimaan original LP which is sadly 'reprocessed for stereo'. Agree with FMs that all 'reprocessed stereo' LPs sound horrible with the dirty slapback echo. Heera Panna, namak haram (super 7), aap ki kasam and yaadon ki barat are others which have been given the same treatment and with the same poor result.

When it comes to buying old Bollywood vinyls I find two challenges, first the price and then the recording quality. Many a times I found that an old vinyl album, in a very good condition with no surface noise, sounds horrible because of poor mastering/recording. Very frustrating because these old records in a mint condition would cost you almost a fortune yet you don't get what you really wanted. It's very unfortunate that Bollywood folks never paid any attention to preserve the master tapes of these albums such that it could be remastered at a later time with better technology/equipment.
The new reissues of these albums by Sony are mastered from digital sources which are mostly crap to begin with. I bought a few new reissue LP albums and all sound very digital like their CD version.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back