New Espon 4K Laser Projectors

micjak77

Very excited with the news of New Epson 4K lasers dropping in Europe...hopefully will be coming to India soon. At the same time sad about the fact that they seem to have dropped 3D.

For that pricing, I thought they should have also provided frame to frame dynamic HDR optimization

We still do not know how Epson will price them here, considering 9400 is a huge success, not to mention the boosted sales during COVID.

Thankfully, projectors being a novelty in India, I really hope they will price it on par with UK/US pricing, if not a bit cheaper for us poor folks here.

for all u guys, epson projectors are actually cheaper in india compared to US market
Exactly this I was so happy when I bought my tw9400, it was the first time I felt so happy that it was significantly cheaper compared to the ub6500 (albeit with only 2 yrs warranty vs 3 and without ceiling mount)

I have seen NZ3, the brightness and colors are pretty good when compare to TS9400. I know NX5 is in a different league.

How it is compared wrt. JVC LX NZ3 ?
NZ3 is a laser projector.
Thus once calibrated it would give good performance for its life.

For lamp based projectors the lamp gets dim with usage thus needing frequent calibration and not the forget lamp change.

NZ3 would be much brighter than 9400.

I would go with nz3 is aim is to fix and forget.
And 9400 if I'm sure I will upgrade my projector under 5 years time and calibrate it frequently to get good color accuracy.

NZ3 is a laser projector.
Thus once calibrated it would give good performance for its life.

For lamp based projectors the lamp gets dim with usage thus needing frequent calibration and not the forget lamp change.

NZ3 would be much brighter than 9400.

I would go with nz3 is aim is to fix and forget.
And 9400 if I'm sure I will upgrade my projector under 5 years time and calibrate it frequently to get good color accuracy.

As per you, how frequently (preferably on basis of hours) do the 9400 need recalibration ? Also, if this is the case I assume that the default modes will also lose its charm over a period of time as the preset values will not do justice right ?

Yeah. NZ3 can be brighter. But I don't think it will have the inky blacks of a D-ILA. NZ3 is a DLP. But it can be way sharper than any of the Epson projectors.

If you're leaning towards NZ3, do consider waiting for the laser from Epson as I suggested earlier. You are going to live with these projectors for a decent period. And I believe Epson will turn out to be cheaper if anything to go wrong.

After all, these are electronic equipments bound to fail eventually. And when they do, JVC will drag the soul out of your bank.

As per you, how frequently (preferably on basis of hours) do the 9400 need recalibration ? Also, if this is the case I assume that the default modes will also lose its charm over a period of time as the preset values will not do justice right ?
Lamp brightness drops to almost half after first 200-300 hours.
Then at the end of life the colour changes which needs calibration.

So if one cares about projecting life like images then this becomes a problem.

Very excited with the news of New Epson 4K lasers dropping in Europe...hopefully will be coming to India soon. At the same time sad about the fact that they seem to have dropped 3D.

Is 3D still that an attractive format?? !!!

Well, I never enjoyed 3D movies even on theater screen !! I prefer 2D and believe 3D is more of a gimmick which never captured (most) people's attention..

I enjoy Animation movies in 3d and few movies like Dr.Strange which are well made. Everyone in my family too enjoy watching 3D movies , gimmick or not but end of the day just boils down to personal preference I guess, I generally prefer non-animated movies in 2d and most of the animated movies in 3d.

For me its 3D all the way. Have a huge collection. This new Epson is a no-buy for me irrespective of price because of lack of 3d.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back