New Espon 4K Laser Projectors

For me its 3D all the way. Have a huge collection. This new Epson is a no-buy for me irrespective of price because of lack of 3d.
May I ask which projector you have? And if you have 3d glasses that work with Epson TW9400, which ones are they? Where did you get them?

May I ask which projector you have? And if you have 3d glasses that work with Epson TW9400, which ones are they? Where did you get them?
I have Epson EH-TW8000 and BenQ 3050 3D projectors.
For Epson, I have Microsoft PlayStation3 3D glasses. Bought from US. They are IR glasses and not compatible with later models of Epson projectors. I have 6 of them lying unused now.
For BenQ, I have 3 Chinese DLP 3D glasses. Don't remember names of other two, but one named Excelvan is really good and comfortable. 3D in DLP projector like BenQ is a lot better than Epson's 3LCD.

I have Epson EH-TW8000 and BenQ 3050 3D projectors.
For Epson, I have Microsoft PlayStation3 3D glasses. Bought from US. They are IR glasses and not compatible with later models of Epson projectors. I have 6 of them lying unused now.
For BenQ, I have 3 Chinese DLP 3D glasses. Don't remember names of other two, but one named Excelvan is really good and comfortable. 3D in DLP projector like BenQ is a lot better than Epson's 3LCD.
Hi Rshri - how do you qualify this statement - "3D in DLP projector like BenQ is a lot better than Epson's 3LCD." Can you delve deeper.

Hi Rshri - how do you qualify this statement - "3D in DLP projector like BenQ is a lot better than Epson's 3LCD." Can you delve deeper.
You may know that 3D view is achieved by showing separate left and right images to left and right eyes. In 3LCD projectors (like Epson) there is always a shadow of left/right images present in final rendered view, the technical reason being that LCD panels dont refresh left/right images as cleanly as DLP chips. This limitation cant be helped with. So there is ghosting/crosstalk in 3LCD 3D images. The effect varies - being hardly noticable in some scenes to extremely distracting in others. Hence immersion is ruined. No any such problem in DLP.

You may know that 3D view is achieved by showing separate left and right images to left and right eyes. In 3LCD projectors (like Epson) there is always a shadow of left/right images present in final rendered view, the technical reason being that LCD panels dont refresh left/right images as cleanly as DLP chips. This limitation cant be helped with. So there is ghosting/crosstalk in 3LCD 3D images. The effect varies - being hardly noticable in some scenes to extremely distracting in others. Hence immersion is ruined. No any such problem in DLP.
thanks for the explanation, I have Epson TW8100 3D projector. As far as I know it gives a clean 3D but again I have no point of reference. I have always been curious about DLP 3D and this comparison always comes up. Majority say that DLP do it better so wanted your perspective. I am a big 3d fan and have been on the upgrade fence. It either Epson TW9400 or XGIMI Aura Laser (Single chip DLP UST/ 3D). Due to demo XGIMI Aura as soon as it arrives, local dealer said it should be coming this month.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back