New hindi vinyl releases. Guess which is the top seller

prem

I believe all new hindi vinyl releases of old and new films have been pressed in quantities of 500 only.

Was surprised to learn the largest selling among all the releases is Tees Maar Khan.

I am sure very few on this forum must have purchased Tees Maar Khan.

largest selling among all the releases is Tees Maar Khan.
hehehe. Never underestimate the power of teenagers and below 18 generation. Contrary to popular belief I have more faith in them. See Anna Hazare's supporters. :)

addition : just checked the songs of tees maar khan. only 'shiela ki jawani' is popular :p. A total rip off of modern talking story's 'sweet little sheila' song.
modern talking sweet little sheila - YouTube

Last edited:
Interesting aspect of this info would be business of producing a vinyl. For 500 copies roughly I guess turnover would be Rs. 3,00,000/- which I guess will not be profitable as all 500 would not have been sold. So I think not very good news for future :sad:. Don''t know I am right or wrong in guessing.

You are right Hiten. Of the 300000, 30% would be dealer margin. Only about 200000 would come to the music company. This 200000 has to cover the cost of production and other overheads. If 500 copies do not sell it could end up being a bad business proposition

My guess was that it would have been (in that order) but this is shocking. That inspite of entsurgeon's thread telling us not to buy:(:

DDLJ
1942 - A Love Story
Dil To Pagal Hai

I picked up DDLJ and Dil to Pagal Hai from Reliance Digital a few months ago and Vande Mataram too.

I believe all new hindi vinyl releases of old and new films have been pressed in quantities of 500 only.

Was surprised to learn the largest selling among all the releases is Tees Maar Khan. I am sure very few on this forum must have purchased Tees Maar Khan.

Mind Boggling !
a bit OT, Funnily my wife had banned that song in our house in the view that it would "protect the kids" But once when the song came out in the car everyone in the car, including kids shouted for it to be changed...the only person who did not understand the Fuss was Me ! ... turns out I was the one "protected" from the song as I did not know either the starting tune of the music:eek:

BTW I really liked Jodha Akbar on LP. Lagaan is not too bad either. Vande Mataram is also really good

I am thinking to purchase 'Jodha Akbar' and '1942 a Love Story'. I have listened 'Jodha Akbar' and I liked the music and recording. How would be the recording quality of 1942 LS?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back