New home theater system in mumbai

given Mridul's such strong views on the subject, I think for the benefit of the members it will be useful to get the views of venkatcr and other senior members of the forum on-

1) is Q acoustics the best in that price range- better than wh, Polk etc etc

2) does it matter if a speaker company has been in business for 5 yrs vis a vis some co which has been selling speakers for decades (like wharfedale)

Is Q-Acoustic the best? I will never say that. There is no such thing as best in speakers. Speakers are very subjective and depends a lot on the type of music you listen to. If you ask me is Q-Acoustic good for the price, and have I auditioned it, you will get a different answer. What you should do is take suggestions from members here, audition the speakers yourself, and buy the ones your ears and purse like.

Secondly, the speakers you are auditioning are too many in number, too varied in capabilities and way beyond your budget. The best would be to focus on a few brands and models within your budget. Though there is no harm in listening to as many speakers as you like, I would not want you to get confused and start pushing your budget unreasonably.

The life span of a company is important in many ways, such as experience, research, and economies of scale. At the same time, old companies also have some drawbacks such as dislike of risks.

New companies that become successful are usually started by design engineers of successful and established companies. They usually start with some dramatically different technology, idea, or focus on a market gap and take a leap in user acceptance.

There is no harm in buying from a new company that has some reputation. You might end up getting a product that is very very good for the price. Remember, if used properly, a speaker will serve for 10 to 15 years easily. And the core technology for speakers has not changed that much in the last twenty years. Materials, cabinet, crossover may have changed, but a speaker yet consists of a cabinet, drivers, and crossover. That has not changed. There are speakers that use different technology, but we are not discussing that here.

Cheers

Last edited:
Thanks particleman.
Could you let me know which are the AVRs support these features and are otherwise also good and reasonably priced I had shortlisted denon1909 and was under the impression that it supports most of these features, also has 3 hdmi input ports, 1080 upscaling etc

Based on my second round of auditions over the weekend (Polk, Wharfedale and Energy) I have eliminated sat speakers as an option.
But I still haven't been able to make up my mind as to whether to go for bookshelves as fronts or floorstanders (given my daughter is 2.5 yrs and am not sure if f/s is a good idea)

Brands - Polk, wharfedale and energy are on the shortlist (but not the take classic - I found the sat speakers straining at higher volumes)

Also the Energy dealer has called to say that they have a special offer of Rs65k for the foll combo. (Without the AVR)
F/s c-500 x 2
c-r100 bipole rear x2
C-c100 centre
S10.3 I subwoofer

Is that a good speaker combination? Also, any views on the price offered ?

Lastly, is athena a good brand for speakers?

Thanks

Hello. Can you please tell me who gave Energy Price offer? I am looking to buy them.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back