New Pana xxUT30 FHD 3D!! Launched

will wait for UT30 to be launched...below criteria over U30
1.better MPR -> 1080
2. wifi adaptor included
3. access to entire internet suite
4. 3D (not really a big one...)

hope pana doesn't change the specs during actual launch...and does offer this at a decent price...:D

ut30 is does not have wifi adaptor included. It says WI-FI ready.

Thats good, even ST30 does not come with one.
But I believe UT30 does not come with 3D Eyewear.

Also, if you plan to stream HD content to TV,then wifi will not cut it, a wired connection is recommended.

Any idea if the wifi adapter is Wireless G or N ?

it does...as per website...please check the specs.

Wireless LAN Adaptor Yes (included)

VIERA TH-P42UT30D | Panasonic

Thats good, even ST30 does not come with one.
But I believe UT30 does not come with 3D Eyewear.

Also, if you plan to stream HD content to TV,then wifi will not cut it, a wired connection is recommended.

Any idea if the wifi adapter is Wireless G or N ?

yes no 3D eye wear...(well even if I buy ST30...I will have to hide the single piece...until i am ready to shell out to buy 6 eyepieces...I or the TV will be in trouble with only 1 piece :D...but safe without any :D:lol:)

and no idea yet on the adaptor...need to look up in the manuals ( i doubt if the Sales reps would be of any help/reliable here)...but i assume panny is bundling some old model pieces...but i think there are lot of other options here...even if one doesn't have the adaptor.

Last edited:
Offtopic :)
Are you a big fan of 3d? your last avatar was also 3d and the new one too

3d on TV may disappoint you. It is still at best in "Beta" stage. It is still not ready for prime time in any of the TV's ;)
Good thing about 3d tvs is that they are very fast and generally give you good motion response in 2d.

any updates on pricing and availability of demo models in showrooms...?!?

Any idea of an indicative price ? The non 3D 42U30D costs around 45K. What is the cost of 3d Glass of panasonic, for other models like ST series ?

3d eyewear is universal for all panasonic models. I was quoted 8990 for a pair. But some members have quoted about 6.5k .

Any idea of an indicative price ? The non 3D 42U30D costs around 45K. What is the cost of 3d Glass of panasonic, for other models like ST series ?

Offtopic :)
Are you a big fan of 3d? your last avatar was also 3d and the new one too

3d on TV may disappoint you. It is still at best in "Beta" stage. It is still not ready for prime time in any of the TV's ;)
Good thing about 3d tvs is that they are very fast and generally give you good motion response in 2d.

absolutely on topic my friend :)

i believe in 3D. i've had the opportunity to watch a few movies in 3D on a 50" plasma and also in cinema halls and i liked what i saw. i love the added dimension. i do agree with your statement that it is best in "Beta"" stage right now.

3D on TV has actually impressed me quite a bit. Recently i saw a few sports channels in 3D and i dont know whether it was shot in 3D or 2D converted to 3D but it looked awesome. I believe that at this point in time if someone is buying a new TV then it should be a 3D tv. The only reason i'm hesitant to not buy the 50V20 is the lack of 3D on it.

Sooner or later sports broadcast in india will have 3D content and a lot of people will miss out if they have a 2D tv and might have to buy a new 3D TV again. But i understand that it's not a deal breaker for a lot of people and they are ok with good 2D performance and i respect that sentiment too.

But for me 3D is the way to go. Its the only way forward. Just like all other things in life we have to continually move towards and embrace the new. Life only moves in the forward direction :)

A few events/sports or movies in 3D once in while is just right. It's like having a sunroof on your car. It's alright if someone does not have it, but if someone does happen to have it then its good to open it & use it once in a while. Adds another dimension to your drive :)

Last edited:

i believe in 3D. i've had the opportunity to watch a few movies in 3D on a 50" plasma and also in cinema halls and i liked what i saw. i love the added dimension. i do agree with your statement that it is best in "Beta"" stage right now.

3D on TV has actually impressed me quite a bit. Recently i saw a few sports channels in 3D and i dont know whether it was shot in 3D or 2D converted to 3D but it looked awesome. I believe that at this point in time if someone is buying a new TV then it should be a 3D tv. The only reason i'm hesitant to not buy the 50V20 is the lack of 3D on it.

Sooner or later sports broadcast in india will have 3D content and a lot of people will miss out if they have a 2D tv and might have to buy a new 3D TV again. But i understand that it's not a deal breaker for a lot of people and they are ok with good 2D performance and i respect that sentiment too.

But for me 3D is the way to go. Its the only way forward. Just like all other things in life we have to continually move towards and embrace the new. Life only moves in the forward direction :)

A few events/sports or movies in 3D once in while is just right. It's like having a sunroof on your car. It's alright if someone does not have it, but if someone does happen to have it then its good to open it & use it once in a while. Adds another dimension to your drive :)

Do you find any crosstalk or ghosting while watching 3dtv?

3d eyewear is universal for all panasonic models. I was quoted 8990 for a pair. But some members have quoted about 6.5k .

Why such a high cost ?. LG and Samsung glasses are available at 3k-3.5K ( non chargeable).
How long the battery lasts ?

While I agree 3D will take on at some point, I believe with current technologies, 3d will be relegated to a niche segment. 3D with eyewear narrows down Television watching as a personal experience limiting viewing to a few in house. While this works great for Games, and some movies, it will not work when we have lots of people in house. Typically, when you have friends over.
Glasses free 3d is the way forward for such situation. But unfortunately all glasses free approaches lack maturity. Active 3d, especially in India is quite bad. Out electric line is 50Hz, and glasses 60Hz. This can create a "10hz" flicker in lighting, which can be quite disconcerting. So yes, while 3d is great, we still have some ways to go for it to be considered mainstream.

Also conversion of 2d to 3d is at best in below average. The way it does (atleast in panasonics) is based on color cues, like green in background and other colors foreground. While this works in some cases (outdoors shots), it sometimes fails completely in indoors, creating weird depth that sort of throws off your brain's perception of image :) . I normally would recommend keeping it off.

Anyways, may be we should start a thread on 3d, that helps everone understand what is the current situation of 3d on television.

I think I can give some useful info, since I already own a 3d tv. That too a 2011 model, and one of the best 3d units in market.

Because its panasonic, I Guess :D
I think it lasts about 100-200hrs. The battery is really cheap (Found 5 button cells for 160 bucks on ebay.in ).

Why such a high cost ?. LG and Samsung glasses are available at 3k-3.5K ( non chargeable).
How long the battery lasts ?

Looks like UT30 is finally released in stores.I checked in S S Annamalai and the price mentioned in the pamphlet was around 66.5K for 42" and he told he can get it for 65K :indifferent14:. I feel this is bit expensive compared to ST30 which is available for around 70K.

Looks like UT30 is finally released in stores.I checked in S S Annamalai and the price mentioned in the pamphlet was around 66.5K for 42" and he told he can get it for 65K :indifferent14:. I feel this is bit expensive compared to ST30 which is available for around 70K.

Any glasses free with it ?

No. They are giving a logitech wireless keyboard ( no dongle) with all plasmas. The TV is not available on any of the stores except Panasonice showroom. I'm yet to check on that

No. They are giving a logitech wireless keyboard ( no dongle) with all plasmas. The TV is not available on any of the stores except Panasonice showroom. I'm yet to check on that

It is said that in the case of active 3D, the 3D functionality can be added to TV at low extra cost. But panasonic is charging nearly 35% extra for this. (42U30 price is 45000/-) This is unfair. The price difference between samsung 43D450 and 43D490 is only 10%. At this price one can go for LG passive 3D 42 inch set, which is easier to the eyes and the eye wear cost only few hundreds.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back