New project-TL towers, using Bob Brines plans

Bison board, suggested by an earlier poster(Thanks).In addition, poly fill. I have to poost some more pics which I will,as soon as convenient.

George

Hi Vivek

There's a friend here in Bangalore who has used Vifa drivers and active crossovers, uses chip amps and he has a very nice system. IIRC, he uses Peerless drivers for the LF.

If you want, we can fix up a time to go over to his place and audition his system and he will answer your questions.Let me know a day and we can take it forward from there. I am not free this weekend, and will be out for town next weekend and this friend goes off to Australia for a longish contract in October when I am also not in town.So it has to be this week or next week on a weekday evening.

George

That will be great George. The thing is that I am free on all mornings. I work from afternoon to late in the night and I work on Saturdays and Sundays. How do we work this out?

Vivek

Cranky:

I dont think it is reflective-especially with the polyfill inside. Its certainly deadened the enclosure. Sound is very nice now, after breaking in.

I initially used pillow stuffing, but found the razai umakers use better stuff, and replaced it wherever I could. Pillow filling is far too fluffy and doesnt come in mat like form whereas the razai stuff is more mat like. Given a choice again, I might opt for fibreglass-though it is a bit messy-using a swine flu like mask:)

George

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back