new Setup for a 20x15 room.

NautankiBaaz

Hi all.

I am starting this effort again (for the umpteenth time). Hopefully, want to get it done now.
My starting budget: 75000
Room size: 20*15
City: Bangalore

More: moving into the hi-fi world for the first time. Current sources.. Only TV sound (Samsung Plasma 43")
Usage: (Tv Series, Movies, Prime Video)- 70%, Music-30%
Require: Airplay, Bluetooth support too.

Thanks in advance.

Hi

I have a HT room of same size and started setting up HT system.

I recently bought a Yamaha 483 receiver (@ 42K) and paired it with Mission LX2 speakers (@ 15K). Mission LX2 are great speakers for that price and sound quality is superb - you can check reviews for these online.

You have options to buy a Denon receiver and/or try Andrew Jones FS52 tower speakers (I saw it on ebay for @25K).

Overtime you need a sub-woofer esp for movies. I am looking at BIC F12 - you can check the thread with same subject for details.

I would recommend using this incremental method to setup rather than buy a 5.1 speaker package.

Good luck!

Vijay

Yamaha rxv 483 is the cheapest receiver which fulfills your requirements. Cost 40k
So 35k left for speakers.
You can get taga harmony Tav 506 at 20k and subwoofer taga tsw90 or Bic america v80 at 18k. Add cables and maybe you can pull together a system at 80-85k.

If you are open to used products you may get better components at same price.

Alternatively, the receiver plus a pair of front towers for now, eg mission mx3 (27k at hifimart), then build rest of the system over time, as and when budget permits. In this way you can build a much better system over the years and avoid upgrade itch.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Hi

I have a HT room of same size and started setting up HT system.

I recently bought a Yamaha 483 receiver (@ 42K) and paired it with Mission LX2 speakers (@ 15K). Mission LX2 are great speakers for that price and sound quality is superb - you can check reviews for these online.

You have options to buy a Denon receiver and/or try Andrew Jones FS52 tower speakers (I saw it on ebay for @25K).

Overtime you need a sub-woofer esp for movies. I am looking at BIC F12 - you can check the thread with same subject for details.

I would recommend using this incremental method to setup rather than buy a 5.1 speaker package.

Good luck!

Vijay

Any suggestions on auditioning in Bangalore? Where did you do yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy a fire stick or chromecast and netflix subscription if you want to improve source quality. For default tata sky, i am not sure you need to spend more than a sound bar.

If your source includes movies from other sources, then buy a receiver. Yamaha and Denon will be similar in price. Marantz will be more expensive with better music skills. Pioneer will be cheaper than all three because of the smaller brand but would make more sense.

The receivers will cost from 30-40k and so you are left with 30-40k for the speakers.

For speakers, if you have sources that will give you good quality sound, then invest in satellites plus an active sub if primarily movies are your preferred viewing.

The other way would be to look for an all-in-one from onkyo/yamaha at around 40-60k which should serve you well for 4-5 years.

For dealers in bangalore, there is a thread on the same and for the rest there is google :)

Not very keen on used.

If you are not keen on Atmos, you might save substantially (more than 50%) from your AVR budget by opting for an used AVR..

Some benefits by opting for used AVR..

- You could actually endup with mid-range (7.1) AVR, which will have more features than a new entry level AVR..
- You can consider picking it from FM in your city, who genuinely take care of the gear..You can drop-in, physically check and then decide whether to pick it or not..

Hi all.

I am starting this effort again (for the umpteenth time). Hopefully, want to get it done now.
My starting budget: 75000
Room size: 20*15
City: Bangalore

More: moving into the hi-fi world for the first time. Current sources.. Only TV sound (Samsung Plasma 43")
Usage: (Tv Series, Movies, Prime Video)- 70%, Music-30%
Require: Airplay, Bluetooth support too.

Thanks in advance.

If you pick an used AVR, you can easily do a 7.1 set-up for your budget & room size, which will be a massive improvement (from TV sound) and a near perfect surround experience..

If you are not keen on Atmos, you might save substantially (more than 50%) from your AVR budget by opting for an used AVR..

Some benefits by opting for used AVR..

- You could actually endup with mid-range (7.1) AVR, which will have more features than a new entry level AVR..

- You can consider picking it from FM in your city, who genuinely take care of the gear..You can drop-in, physically check and then decide whether to pick it or not..

If you pick an used AVR, you can easily do a 7.1 set-up for your budget & room size, which will be a massive improvement (from TV sound) and a near perfect surround experience..

In the budget I mentioned 75 k as a starting budget.. so I can start with a future ready AVR and then buy only a pair of front and then later on more speakers. Looking for suggestions on this aspect.

In the budget I mentioned 75 k as a starting budget.. so I can start with a future ready AVR and then buy only a pair of front and then later on more speakers. Looking for suggestions on this aspect.

You can consider some 7.2 AVR models which have Atmos capability.. Denon x 1400 / Marantz SR 5012 / Pioneer VSX 932 / Yamaha RX V 583 & Onkyo too which could cost between 50 ~ 55K.. For your remaining budget, you can look at a Bookshelf speaker & a center channel if feasible..

You can consider some 7.2 AVR models which have Atmos capability.. Denon x 1400 / Marantz SR 5012 / Pioneer VSX 932 / Yamaha RX V 583 & Onkyo too which could cost between 50 ~ 55K.. For your remaining budget, you can look at a Bookshelf speaker & a center channel if feasible..

Awesome. Any suggestions on speakers I can start with, if I chose a Denon x 1400.

Another confusion I have, is buying from the US. I am traveling on First week of November hence was wondering if purchasing from there would be a good idea? Any restrictions? Voltage? Compatibility etc?

Another confusion I have, is buying from the US. I am traveling on First week of November hence was wondering if purchasing from there would be a good idea? Any restrictions? Voltage? Compatibility etc?

I am not talking about warranty/voltage issues. But purely from a price point, you would be getting real good deals. I have been lurking on US deals for past month or so and have seen really good deals (missed all of them). If you manage to be around till end of the month, you can get better discounts during Thanksgiving weekend. Check my post on 110V dilemma. Many FMs have posted their views about buying from US. You will get a fair idea.

Last edited:
Awesome. Any suggestions on speakers I can start with, if I chose a Denon x 1400.

Depending on how much you spend for AVR, you can re-look at speakers.. Plenty of options..

US is heaven for electronics :eek:hyeah:..Some bigger models can be fetched for really good deals.. Consider Denon x 4300.. Since they are 110V models, you will need a Step Down transfer along with AVR..

Forum rules prohibit me from sharing international prices here.. So please check amazon.com..

I am now looking at 60k for an AVR.

Denon x 4300 is a 9.2 AVR with 11.2 capability(using additional power amp), which will provide you up to 7.2.4 Dolby Atmos layout with 4 over heads, which should suffice and you should be able to grab it in your mentioned budget, with some left over you can use for buying speakers here..

Denon x 4300 is a 9.2 AVR with 11.2 capability(using additional power amp), which will provide you up to 7.2.4 Dolby Atmos layout with 4 over heads, which should suffice and you should be able to grab it in your mentioned budget, with some left over you can use for buying speakers here..

So.. i am thinking x 4300 sounds awesome, read future ready, current requirement fulfilling as well. However, I would need to buy speakers in India then (only so much I can carry back). Plus I need a step down transformer (as I realise after reading reviews here). 4300 specs suggest 710 W which means a step down transformer/stabiliser which can handle that back home.
What about speakers compatibility? With this US device. Any special wiring required?
Plus need suggestions on a starting speaker set up and brands for this AVR. Thanks. You guys have been quite helpful[emoji1598]

So.. i am thinking x 4300 sounds awesome, read future ready, current requirement fulfilling as well. However, I would need to buy speakers in India then (only so much I can carry back). Plus I need a step down transformer (as I realise after reading reviews here). 4300 specs suggest 710 W which means a step down transformer/stabiliser which can handle that back home.
What about speakers compatibility? With this US device. Any special wiring required?
Plus need suggestions on a starting speaker set up and brands for this AVR. Thanks. You guys have been quite helpful[emoji1598]

Denon x4300 would be a ideal choice. You would t atleast need a 1kVa step down transformer. Even my avr spec suggest similar power rating. I am using a step down with my Denon without any issues. I will check the power of the transformer that I am using and post it here.

Denon x4300 would be a ideal choice. You would t atleast need a 1kVa step down transformer. Even my avr spec suggest similar power rating. I am using a step down with my Denon without any issues. I will check the power of the transformer that I am using and post it here.

I looked online for step down 1kva. "Maxine" comes up for INR5-7k.
Any others you suggest?

Besides that, I am now thinking of the connector from speakers to avr.. do wires chime with AVR/speakers? If I need to purchase them separately, what all would be required?

Speakers are compatible with any voltage AVR so that won't be a problem

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

For Denon x4300h what speaker configuration do you suggest to begin with. After a hypothetical purchase of avr for 60k odd, i am left with 30 k approx for my first set of speakers. So wondering which ones and what configuration for that budget? TIA.

I guess you will have to purchase the speaker in India. In that case, pair of floorstanders to start with will be ideal. If you get Taga TAV 5.0 then it will be injustice to the AVR. Within 30k MIssion MX3 at 27K is possible. But again, considering the extremely capable AVR you are considering, I would suggest to increase the budget to 45k and look at something like Wharfedale 230.

Center, Sub and surrounds you have to plan at a later date.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back