New TCL 85 inch TV model 1.99L INR

Yes. I also saw it in the stores that in side by side comparison TCL were duller than premium brands. But when the TV got installed at home, I found it very bright. I don't understand why it's so.
Even I tried checked the brightness and energy saving but screen and contrast colour reproduction is very dull.. By the way what model of TCL you have?

Yes. I also saw it in the stores that in side by side comparison TCL were duller than premium brands. But when the TV got installed at home, I found it very bright. I don't understand why it's so.
Its simple when you don't have any other TV brand by your side, there is no reference to compare. Premium brands are far ahead in terms of display quality compared to any budget brand be it MI, TCL or any other brand and they charge you accordingly as well. Its like until you drive BMW or Mercedes, Maruti Suzuki is good but when you start using a premium brand you will know what are the real life differences.

Guys can we stick to their latest series and 85inch mostly ? This is not TCL bashing thread .

There's another thread for Iffalcon 55k31

I also note a bug on 85P8M where switching sources from Tata Sky box to Fire TV, the sound via optical goes wrong. Sound is speeded up or slowed down. Have to switch sources back and forth to work around.
Hmm did you try ARC ?

Initially, it looks okay for the price with TCL, that too with the bigger size, but, everybody is complaining about the quality and defects about TCL. Only when somebody buys and gives the correct information about the 85" TCL, it may not be apt to say about perfectness about the new TCL. Let's wait for the comments from the real users. If nobody does, I will do it after a few months.

Thanks and Regards,
Senthil.

Here's technical guy at TCL head office who I have told about problem being a Hdr too dark and old android os as I do not face any other problem ..

He does understand what soap opera effect means.

Sharing with you guys it's better call and make him understand. They take 85inch model problems seriously I guess as it's not their bread butter.

+919916946026 Mr Suresh

I also note a bug on 85P8M where switching sources from Tata Sky box to Fire TV, the sound via optical goes wrong. Sound is speeded up or slowed down. Have to switch sources back and forth to work around.

Hi buddy, I think u purchased TCL 85p8m, of so then u r lucky and enjoying it well. Please share its clarity and contrast and its uniformity of colours shades, darks at all corners etc. Really want to know its performance of all aspects and cons. IF there are any and how much time it takes to start up etc. Please share buddy and how much u r recommending it. thank you

It would be best if you could see both TVs side by side. Size is very important and is one reason many people use projectors. I have seen the 65" C9 against a smaller size mid range TCL and I found the TCL to be better because it was brighter. The C9 looked dim by comparison. To me the 65" C9 was mediocre at best. I can tell you this, I've been using projectors for years and I am tired of viewing in the dark. I will be buying a TV in a few months once I have made the necessary modifications to my room and I have decided to go no smaller than 85".
I wish I had your eyes or vision. Would have saved me some cash ;)

I wish I had your eyes or vision. Would have saved me some cash ;)

Why would you need my eyes? Go with whatever your eyes like. As for saving cash, that one's easy, don't buy whatever it is your buying. The point is to go with preference rather than flawed online opinions. I don't even know why you quoted such an old post of mine. In any case buy what you like and put no faith in online "know all's" who erroneously believe they know everything and try to force their views on others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back