• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

New TCL 85 inch TV model 1.99L INR

Wharfedale Speakers

Seedub

@vineetrad we will get firmware update soon .
Do you have inside information?? :)

I also note a bug on 85P8M where switching sources from Tata Sky box to Fire TV, the sound via optical goes wrong. Sound is speeded up or slowed down. Have to switch sources back and forth to work around.

coolraghav

I also note a bug on 85P8M where switching sources from Tata Sky box to Fire TV, the sound via optical goes wrong. Sound is speeded up or slowed down. Have to switch sources back and forth to work around.
Hmm did you try ARC ?

aventhusiast

Initially, it looks okay for the price with TCL, that too with the bigger size, but, everybody is complaining about the quality and defects about TCL. Only when somebody buys and gives the correct information about the 85" TCL, it may not be apt to say about perfectness about the new TCL. Let's wait for the comments from the real users. If nobody does, I will do it after a few months.

Thanks and Regards,
Senthil.

coolraghav

Here's technical guy at TCL head office who I have told about problem being a Hdr too dark and old android os as I do not face any other problem ..

He does understand what soap opera effect means.

Sharing with you guys it's better call and make him understand. They take 85inch model problems seriously I guess as it's not their bread butter.

+919916946026 Mr Suresh

RocK4EveR

Hi buddy, I think u purchased TCL 85p8m, of so then u r lucky and enjoying it well. Please share its clarity and contrast and its uniformity of colours shades, darks at all corners etc. Really want to know its performance of all aspects and cons. IF there are any and how much time it takes to start up etc. Please share buddy and how much u r recommending it. thank you

Love4sound

It would be best if you could see both TVs side by side. Size is very important and is one reason many people use projectors. I have seen the 65" C9 against a smaller size mid range TCL and I found the TCL to be better because it was brighter. The C9 looked dim by comparison. To me the 65" C9 was mediocre at best. I can tell you this, I've been using projectors for years and I am tired of viewing in the dark. I will be buying a TV in a few months once I have made the necessary modifications to my room and I have decided to go no smaller than 85".
I wish I had your eyes or vision. Would have saved me some cash ;)

Decadent_Spectre

I wish I had your eyes or vision. Would have saved me some cash ;)
Why would you need my eyes? Go with whatever your eyes like. As for saving cash, that one's easy, don't buy whatever it is your buying. The point is to go with preference rather than flawed online opinions. I don't even know why you quoted such an old post of mine. In any case buy what you like and put no faith in online "know all's" who erroneously believe they know everything and try to force their views on others.

Last edited by a moderator:

Love4sound

Why would you need my eyes? Go with whatever your eyes like. As for saving cash, that one's easy, don't buy whatever it is your buying. The point is to go with preference rather than flawed online opinions. I don't even know why you quoted such an old post of mine. In any case buy what you like and put no faith in online "know all's" who erroneously believe they know everything and try to force their views on others.
It’s just a harmless joke.

Last edited by a moderator:

Seedub

Hi buddy, I think u purchased TCL 85p8m, of so then u r lucky and enjoying it well. Please share its clarity and contrast and its uniformity of colours shades, darks at all corners etc. Really want to know its performance of all aspects and cons. IF there are any and how much time it takes to start up etc. Please share buddy and how much u r recommending it. thank you
Hi. First of all, I’m no expert on TVs. The 85p8m has a good picture, and I would say it’s uniform. I’d say it would likely be beaten easily by a high end Samsung or similar, but then you’d pay 2 or 3 times more. Start up time is OK, a few seconds from standby, and under a minute for full reboot. The BIG downside is the quality of software implementation. It is buggy and misses some standard options for a TV. Top 3 bugs for me are 1. Can’t turn off soap opera effect on picture without clumsy work arounds. 2. Audio through connected sound bar sometimes goes wrong. 3. Can’t turn off TV speakers in settings. All in all, I guess you get what you pay for. I’m still hoping for a software update to fix the bugs.

RocK4EveR

Hi. First of all, I’m no expert on TVs. The 85p8m has a good picture, and I would say it’s uniform. I’d say it would likely be beaten easily by a high end Samsung or similar, but then you’d pay 2 or 3 times more. Start up time is OK, a few seconds from standby, and under a minute for full reboot. The BIG downside is the quality of software implementation. It is buggy and misses some standard options for a TV. Top 3 bugs for me are 1. Can’t turn off soap opera effect on picture without clumsy work arounds. 2. Audio through connected sound bar sometimes goes wrong. 3. Can’t turn off TV speakers in settings. All in all, I guess you get what you pay for. I’m still hoping for a software update to fix the bugs.
Million thanks buddy

rksingh1

For one - I am surprised that the price of this hasn't budged from 1.99L from the beginning.

@Seedub - would using a Nvidia or Apple TV or Firestick 4k help with the issues you mentioned? And also, there are not many 85in options available anyway. Saw one Sony X90F - 6.5L.

I spent 5 days with LG 657300UM at my sister's place in Austin. She has Roku for her streaming service. Bigger TV without a 4k or FHD content is worthless. That TV was lifeless. My sony 42in produces much better picture.

coolraghav

@rksingh1
For one - I am surprised that the price of this hasn't budged from 1.99L from the beginning.

@Seedub - would using a Nvidia or Apple TV or Firestick 4k help with the issues you mentioned? And also, there are not many 85in options available anyway. Saw one Sony X90F - 6.5L.

I spent 5 days with LG 657300UM at my sister's place in Austin. She has Roku for her streaming service. Bigger TV without a 4k or FHD content is worthless. That TV was lifeless. My sony 42in produces much better picture.
Hey,
I'm using hdmi arc port and fire stick / sky / jio tv / PS4 Pro connected via marantz amp ..no issue as such. I do find some HDR 10 PRIME 4K dark.
Please connect fire tv 4k stick for amazing experience.

manav24

Update: Soap Opera effect is still there but very less noticeable now after the update

Seedub

Having lived with the 85p8m for a few months now, I would advise to avoid this TV. The software is so buggy my 10 year old son could have done a better job. It’s so disappointing there has been no software update since release despite dozens of bugs. I also note the Android version is so old now it is likely open to security/virus. Please avoid.

a_trivia

Having lived with the 85p8m for a few months now, I would advise to avoid this TV. The software is so buggy my 10 year old son could have done a better job. It’s so disappointing there has been no software update since release despite dozens of bugs. I also note the Android version is so old now it is likely open to security/virus. Please avoid.