New TCL 85 inch TV model 1.99L INR

Why would you need my eyes? Go with whatever your eyes like. As for saving cash, that one's easy, don't buy whatever it is your buying. The point is to go with preference rather than flawed online opinions. I don't even know why you quoted such an old post of mine. In any case buy what you like and put no faith in online "know all's" who erroneously believe they know everything and try to force their views on others.
It’s just a harmless joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi buddy, I think u purchased TCL 85p8m, of so then u r lucky and enjoying it well. Please share its clarity and contrast and its uniformity of colours shades, darks at all corners etc. Really want to know its performance of all aspects and cons. IF there are any and how much time it takes to start up etc. Please share buddy and how much u r recommending it. thank you
Hi. First of all, I’m no expert on TVs. The 85p8m has a good picture, and I would say it’s uniform. I’d say it would likely be beaten easily by a high end Samsung or similar, but then you’d pay 2 or 3 times more. Start up time is OK, a few seconds from standby, and under a minute for full reboot. The BIG downside is the quality of software implementation. It is buggy and misses some standard options for a TV. Top 3 bugs for me are 1. Can’t turn off soap opera effect on picture without clumsy work arounds. 2. Audio through connected sound bar sometimes goes wrong. 3. Can’t turn off TV speakers in settings. All in all, I guess you get what you pay for. I’m still hoping for a software update to fix the bugs.

Hi. First of all, I’m no expert on TVs. The 85p8m has a good picture, and I would say it’s uniform. I’d say it would likely be beaten easily by a high end Samsung or similar, but then you’d pay 2 or 3 times more. Start up time is OK, a few seconds from standby, and under a minute for full reboot. The BIG downside is the quality of software implementation. It is buggy and misses some standard options for a TV. Top 3 bugs for me are 1. Can’t turn off soap opera effect on picture without clumsy work arounds. 2. Audio through connected sound bar sometimes goes wrong. 3. Can’t turn off TV speakers in settings. All in all, I guess you get what you pay for. I’m still hoping for a software update to fix the bugs.
Million thanks buddy

For one - I am surprised that the price of this hasn't budged from 1.99L from the beginning.

@Seedub - would using a Nvidia or Apple TV or Firestick 4k help with the issues you mentioned? And also, there are not many 85in options available anyway. Saw one Sony X90F - 6.5L.

I spent 5 days with LG 657300UM at my sister's place in Austin. She has Roku for her streaming service. Bigger TV without a 4k or FHD content is worthless. That TV was lifeless. My sony 42in produces much better picture.

@rksingh1
For one - I am surprised that the price of this hasn't budged from 1.99L from the beginning.

@Seedub - would using a Nvidia or Apple TV or Firestick 4k help with the issues you mentioned? And also, there are not many 85in options available anyway. Saw one Sony X90F - 6.5L.

I spent 5 days with LG 657300UM at my sister's place in Austin. She has Roku for her streaming service. Bigger TV without a 4k or FHD content is worthless. That TV was lifeless. My sony 42in produces much better picture.

Hey,
I'm using hdmi arc port and fire stick / sky / jio tv / PS4 Pro connected via marantz amp ..no issue as such. I do find some HDR 10 PRIME 4K dark.
Please connect fire tv 4k stick for amazing experience.

Having lived with the 85p8m for a few months now, I would advise to avoid this TV. The software is so buggy my 10 year old son could have done a better job. It’s so disappointing there has been no software update since release despite dozens of bugs. I also note the Android version is so old now it is likely open to security/virus. Please avoid.

Having lived with the 85p8m for a few months now, I would advise to avoid this TV. The software is so buggy my 10 year old son could have done a better job. It’s so disappointing there has been no software update since release despite dozens of bugs. I also note the Android version is so old now it is likely open to security/virus. Please avoid.

Cant we just plug an android tv box and get done with the buggy software

Initially, it looks okay for the price with TCL, that too with the bigger size, but, everybody is complaining about the quality and defects about TCL. Only when somebody buys and gives the correct information about the 85" TCL, it may not be apt to say about perfectness about the new TCL. Let's wait for the comments from the real users. If nobody does, I will do it after a few months.

Thanks and Regards,
Senthil.
Any updates?

Checked pricing for 85P8M - 1.9L by the BEL road TCL store with 10 day delivery period. Reliance same quote with next day delivery.

Wish the existing users @Seedub and @coolraghav check this thread and update about their experience.

I still have this TV. All I can say is that it's still working (hoping I don't jinx it and it breaks down now lol) . It has very middling picture quality. The soap opera effect persists for any HDR or 4k content. I do not use the inbuilt OS and interface. Use an Nvidia shield and Firestick4k.

I would not recommend to purchase it. Pay a bit more and get a 75 inch from a top brand. That's just my opinion. If you can demo it please check it and decide for yourself.

Last edited:
Use a Nvidia shield and Firestick4k.

Thanks for your quick feedback Vineet. Appreciate it. Which one you use with TCL - Nvidia or Firestick? What content you watch on it? How is upscaling in general from DTH HD boxes? You happy with colors, brightness?

What other TVs you have at home? Can't demo 85P8M - not available anywhere. All are in warehouse. :(

You planning to change your TCL?

Thanks for your quick feedback Vineet. Appreciate it. Which one you use with TCL - Nvidia or Firestick? What content you watch on it? How is upscaling in general from DTH HD boxes? You happy with colors, brightness?

What other TVs you have at home? Can't demo 85P8M - not available anywhere. All are in warehouse. :(

You planning to change your TCL?

I have used both the Shield and Firestick4k.

I watch Netflix, Prime, Hotstar, YT and Zee5. Movies and TV series.

I do not use DTH.

As I said earlier the image quality is very average. For perspective I also have an LG Oled, Sony led and an old plasma. Obviously the oled is better but the TCL is worse than either of the others also.

These things are subjective. You can always check out 75 inch TCL vs 75 inch from other brands. If you like it you may like the 85 TCL.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back